Elle

LDR9 Speculation & Discussion Thread

I think I’d also love if Lana tapped more into a timeless sound that carried loads of poetic lyricism. I actually listened back to some unreleased songs from 2013 (including the ones that ended up on Blue Banisters) and, in my opinion, they demonstrate this the most — they remind me of Leonard Cohen and Jeff Buckley. Now that we know of Lana’s rumoured Song to the Siren cover, I’m dying to hear something like that original track. I imagine her version to sound like her cover of Chelsea Hotel #2, Nectar of the Gods, and Living Legend. :heart:

I'd be interested in hearing Lana's newer lyrical style mixed with Mike's production style + Emilie's. I think that could turn out super cool. Wildflower is one of the best songs Lana's ever written in my opinion, so I'm looking forward to seeing how her and Mike go about more of that sort of thing, maybe incorporating some of his classic stuff into her classic stuff. And then of course the addition of Emilie would solidify this as a new dream team for me. My favorite thing he does for Lana is strings, so Mike production + Emilie production/strings + Lana's vocals and lyrics would be absolutely stunning.  

imageproxy.jpg

3 hours ago, Super Movie said:

He posted an Instagram story about going to a session with Mike Dean a few days ago. While they did both work with Kid Cudi (and Kanye in 2010), we know that Lana is actively working with Mike right now and has a history with Emile, so it's wishful yet somewhat reasonable thinking :true:

3 hours ago, Surf Noir said:

emile haynie posted a photo of him on a bus/subway/train (?) holding a giant fake blunt captioned something like "omw to the studio" tagging mike dean :dua: 

jsndfkjzsdbfszjdfbskjdfbszhkfjdfnsfnsdfszkdjfskdjfkesfhawfhzksghaskjfzskfnsakrjgbskjgaskrjnz this is too much hopium to take in right meow omg :ohno:  I love the "evolution" of Lana, but nothing quite like the classic, blaring signature Lana sound :icant: 

Idk about the giant fake blunt part lmao but, may that sis go off :ohno:!!

4 hours ago, Super Movie said:

He posted an Instagram story about going to a session with Mike Dean a few days ago. While they did both work with Kid Cudi (and Kanye in 2010), we know that Lana is actively working with Mike right now and has a history with Emile, so it's wishful yet somewhat reasonable thinking :true:

It‘s not wishful thinking, it‘s a fact and we should all keep manifesting :true:

on today's episode of manifestations, i would like an abstract, smoky, album of million dollar mans, yayos, sad girls, salvatores, and mermaid motels please, full of oh can you see type lyricism :nails: it will be "slow", polarising, "romanticising", controversial, and "problematic" :nails:

mUENGN9.png

i really want something sultry from Lana, in style of Cherry, FMWUTTT, Doin' Time. As much as I appreciate her lyrical progression of the past 3 years, sometimes it feels like she tries to include too many things into her songs. Singing about broken heart or whatever, then randomly name dropping people, like ''Nikki Lane was constipating on my toilet'' makes it sound off. Simple, abstract lyrics can have just as much of value as her recent work...

D.png

I hope the next album will be completely different from Blue Banisters and we all will lose our minds over it. But seems like she saved a couple of songs with Erickson for the next record, so I'm not sure ;)

2 hours ago, Dark But Just A Kenny said:

I just wanted LDR9 to sound jazzy/bluesy like Tired Of Singing The Blues, Heavy Hitter, Call When You Call Me, Trash Magic, Pin Up Galore, Because Of You, Hollywood's Dead, Children Of The Bad Revolution and Velvet Crowbar 

I love like, all of these songs :defeated:

I know she's been releasing unreleased material from other eras lately but I wonder if she'd ever put out pre-2012 stuff in the future… so many gems.

𝕀 𝕔𝕝𝕠𝕤𝕖 𝕞𝕪 𝕖𝕪𝕖𝕤, 𝕒𝕥 𝕟𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥 𝕀 𝕨𝕚𝕤𝕙 𝕥𝕠 𝕣𝕚𝕤𝕖 𝕗𝕣𝕠𝕞 𝕒𝕝𝕝 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕕𝕦𝕤𝕥