Elle

LDR9 Speculation & Discussion Thread

5 hours ago, Alison by Slowdive said:

i'm desperately missing the world-building from her earlier albums :true: where's the glass room, perfume, cognac, lilac fumes at? 

12 minutes ago, bewhitehotforever said:

jenny jumped into the pool

I feel like she used to sing in the past tense and now she sings in the present tense.

She used to always be reflecting on "the way things were" and "the best of the past" of her life and relationships. Nostalgia used to inform her music and artistic expression through more grand, cinematic world building.Now, she is reflecting on the present and her development as a person is reflected in her development as an artist - there's a turn towards simplicity in production and less of a need for world building...

just morning coffee thoughts

small-sq-lana-del-rey-ultraviolence.gife4d193ad6825522455102e1518efe3d6835b52da

I loved BB but I hope for the next record she steps it up a bit in the production department. I’d love to hear something with multiple instruments like Music To Watch Boys To.

I’d honestly be here for Rick’s comeback if and only if: 

1. He used clear vocal production (I hate the muffled vocal production in several honeymoon tracks and on BPBP).

2. He used clear production overall (no muffled Freak like bass and no ugly synth like sounds from the 13 Beaches chorus)

zXzLCRU.png

46 minutes ago, drugmunny said:

I feel like she used to sing in the past tense and now she sings in the present tense.

She used to always be reflecting on "the way things were" and "the best of the past" of her life and relationships. Nostalgia used to inform her music and artistic expression through more grand, cinematic world building.Now, she is reflecting on the present and her development as a person is reflected in her development as an artist - there's a turn towards simplicity in production and less of a need for world building...

just morning coffee thoughts

i agree! but a big part of me also wants her to glamorise farm life :true: this also reminds me that a lot of lana's new work makes me think of america's national hippie sweetheart treasure mary oliver's poetry (the emphasis on exploring and appreciating the present moment)

mUENGN9.png

i hope this album brings back the vibes & thematics of the original lust for life, lfl demo, valley of the dolls, serene queen, on & on & on... with a little ultraviolence edge & blue banisters honesty & vulnerability :sass: :legend: 

WGe8ynS.gif

4 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

i hope this album brings back the vibes & thematics of the original lust for life, lfl demo, valley of the dolls, serene queen, on & on & on... with a little ultraviolence edge & blue banisters honesty & vulnerability :sass: :legend: 

this is giving lilac heaven energy :trisha:

mUENGN9.png

Ok I'm no psychic (or at least a terrible one because none of my dreams ever came true) but two days ago, I dreamed that Lana was releasing some sort of disco/funk single where she was screaming in the chorus. It was completely trippy and electric guitar based. I don't remember much about the music video, just that she was wearing some 40s purple jumpsuit with a large white belt and chunky white boots. Her hairstyle was kinda similar to the L'Officiel Paris shoot. There were a lot of 70s psychedelic stuff, with geometric backgrounds, multicolor and cloning effects. She was using her high pitched voice in the bridge.

I had the melody in my mind when I woke up but of course I forgot it. :smokes3:

Lana, if you're reading this, make me a real psychic instead of an obsessive fan, please :oprah3:

I need the honeymoon energy, but in a raw and energetic way.

with partly gloomy but also full instrumentation. i want mike dean, rick, zach and barrie as producers.

the inspiration songs for the album should be: Freak / WW /Dealer / Black Beauty / Cherry / Serene Queen. It should be a bombastic masterpiece.

its not simple its trigonometry on We Heart It

I love the fake tracklists! Here's mine:

Rock Candy Sweet

1. Talk Of The Times (Intro) (1:02)
2. Subversive (7:00)
3. Rock Candy Sweet (4:34)
4. Schrödinger's Cat (8:45)
5. Santa Monica Sinner (4:56)
6. Midnight Cowboys (4:13)
7. Rosary (5:14)
8. Dope (4:27)
9. Widow (4:37)
10. Ballerina (Interlude) (2:09)
11. Trail Of Tears (3:49)
12. Pink Camelia (4:02)
13. Reverie (4:23)
14. Winter Comes Once In A While (3:27)
15. River Phoenix (6:21)

:diva: info: lots of electric guitars and screaming in the first tracks and the last one, more rock country influences in the middle (track 5-6), jazz fusion, ambient/metal/spacy on track 7-8 BB production on track 11-14, elusive honeymoon-esque interludes. Her Magnus opus prod by Emile, Zach, Mike, Dan, Jack and Gabes all together.

7 minutes ago, Dark But Just A Kenny said:

11. Trail Of Tears (3:49)

Rock Candy Sweet? More like "Qu*st**n for the C*lt*re" era phase II 

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

NUDE

1. Nude

2. Purple Wig

3. Hair To My Ass

4. Cake Like Me

5. Gangsta Too

6. Dangerous Girl

7. Boob Line

8. $$$

9. Nirvana Song

10. Trainspotting

11. SPH

12. Don't Cha

hey lolita hey hey lol ita hey i know what the boys want im not gonna play

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

ldr9 is Gogo Dancer confirmed. Produced by Mike Dean Steven Meertens and Rick Nowels. Its gonna outsell them all. Ariana is crying Gaga is planning to Lou Reed her and Courtneybis practicing guitar for her opening The Tour

On 11/3/2021 at 10:57 PM, IanadeIrey said:

❤️🔥 Wildflower Wildfire — Heroin — On & On & On vibes for LDR 9 ❤️🔥 an ambient, lyrical masterpiece :legend:

Thats ldr11 surfpunk must come first

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/59/40/90/5940903240da03ab6f8c1a9c79a31773.jpg

If lana actually writes a song called Santa Monica Sinner because she read that fake title on lanaboards you morons will have done something so powerful that lanaboards will now be considered a carnival rather than a circus

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/59/40/90/5940903240da03ab6f8c1a9c79a31773.jpg

1 minute ago, drugmunny said:

i will never get over the "trail of tears" fake title. do ppl continuing to use it know what the trail of tears was? if not, a fucking genocide. lmao. like.

i think people keep using it because obviously it's controversial & they want to stir up shit lol

WGe8ynS.gif