Elle

LDR9 Speculation & Discussion Thread

LDR9

a.k.a.

Heaven ain’t Nothing but a State of Mind

1. White Nights 

2. Pearly Gates (Heaven ain’t Nothing but a State of Mind)

3. Bathroom Floor Blues

4. Silk (feat. Kali Uchis)

5. Lucid Dreaming

6. Serene Queen

7. Bare Teeth

8. 21 Grams

9. Pills on the Pillow

10. Stay (Away)

11. Requiem

12. D.N.

13. Curtain Falls

14. I Put a Spell on You

Prod. by Mike Dean & Emile Haynie.

Strings by: Dan Heath 

Lanarat.png

4 minutes ago, Jizzy Grant said:

“And there we were, walkin’ the Trail of Tears

Feathers in my hair and I saw you saw who I am”

:icant:

O-oh-klahoma ooh oohh

please lets stop discussing this before ldrbrazil spreads it all over stan twitter and lana gets cancelled for real this time

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/59/40/90/5940903240da03ab6f8c1a9c79a31773.jpg

6 minutes ago, Jizzy Grant said:

“And there we were, walkin’ the Trail of Tears

Feathers in my hair and I saw you saw who I am”

:icant:

💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀

50 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

i think people keep using it because obviously it's controversial & they want to stir up shit lol

it's just like...weird and insensitive 

esp since lana has made a point of having a special connection to native american charities and paying reparations and it feels like ppl associating her w/ cultural insensitivity in a way thats not accurate

maybe it's not that deep but

small-sq-lana-del-rey-ultraviolence.gife4d193ad6825522455102e1518efe3d6835b52da

Just now, drugmunny said:

it's just like...weird and insensitive 

esp since lana has made a point of having a special connection to native american charities and paying reparations and it feels like ppl associating her w/ cultural insensitivity in a way thats not accurate

maybe it's not that deep but

some people just suck & want to see her get in trouble for something she obviously didn't do, ever since qftc people have been pushing this narrative that she's completely clueless & insensitive just because she might've worded something badly or made one mistake

#lana del rey from NFR!  #lana del rey from NFR!  #lana del rey from NFR!

Let the Trail of Tears title die :horror: Lana would never, and I'd hope nobody would actually ever 

imageproxy.jpg

Yikes. The way I thought it's a beautiful title but then googled what Trail of Tears means.:deadbanana:
Lana should leave politics for good. I'm honestly still a lil bit offended by that When The World Was At War song and I'm not a twitter SJW. I know that lyrics are not connected to WW2 but it's the biggest historic event here and it still affects our lives. And American singing something like this. Another L for Lust for Life. Left this track in 2017 and never listened again.

41 minutes ago, Rocket0212 said:

Yikes. The way I thought it's a beautiful title but then googled what Trail of Tears means.:deadbanana:
Lana should leave politics for good. I'm honestly still a lil bit offended by that When The World Was At War song and I'm not a twitter SJW. I know that lyrics are not connected to WW2 but it's the biggest historic event here and it still affects our lives. And American singing something like this. Another L for Lust for Life. Left this track in 2017 and never listened again.

What’s offensive about that song? Genuinely curious. I’m not German but I’m from Europe so I’m very familiar with the WW2 context and yet I don’t see what’s problematic about When The World Was At War…

IMG-7960.jpg

15 minutes ago, Sportscruiser said:

What’s offensive about that song? Genuinely curious. I’m not German but I’m from Europe so I’m very familiar with the WW2 context and yet I don’t see what’s problematic about When The World Was At War…

i don't really get it either, also, if the song doesn't in anyway mention ww2, why bring it up? i honestly have barely listened to that song but i would assume it's about finding joy when times are troubling/uncertain, going by the title of the song...

#lana del rey from NFR!  #lana del rey from NFR!  #lana del rey from NFR!

11 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

i don't really get it either, also, if the song doesn't in anyway mention ww2, why bring it up? i honestly have barely listened to that song but i would assume it's about finding joy when times are troubling/uncertain, going by the title of the song...

It’s quite clearly about how America turned a blind eye on the violence of war the country found itself in overseas, while everyone was “dancing” and pretending to be indifferent towards pain. I don’t see anything offensive about it and if anything it’s the closest Lana has ever gotten in criticizing America’s mindset during the war (for instance in Vietnam, I’m assuming?).

IMG-7960.jpg

Just now, Sportscruiser said:

It’s quite clearly about how America turned a blind eye on the violence of war the country found itself in overseas, while everyone was “dancing” and pretending to be indifferent towards pain. I don’t see anything offensive about it and if anything it’s the closest Lana has ever gotten in criticizing America’s mindset during the war (for instance in Vietnam, I’m assuming?).

Yeah she wasn't offensive about it in any way

40 minutes ago, Sportscruiser said:

This is an interesting take, bc I (though dont rly like or listen to this song) never thought of it pertaining to a specific war. My interpretation is how the world is kinda of always at war, not literal war, but constant conflict and issues, while being just an average citizens without any real power (as opposed to a politician), but still trying to remain positive.

Which in a way we can all relate to, bc at most all we can do is educate ourselves, dance, sign petitions, etc

7 minutes ago, missamericatrash said:

This is an interesting take, bc I (though dont rly like or listen to this song) never thought of it pertaining to a specific war. My interpretation is how the world is kinda of always at war, not literal war, but constant conflict and issues, while being just an average citizens without any real power (as opposed to a politician), but still trying to remain positive.

Which in a way we can all relate to, bc at most all we can do is educate ourselves, dance, sign petitions, etc

Maybe my interpretation was a bit too literal :oopna2:

But given the overall late 60s/early 70s Lana was clearly going for visually and thematically with Lust for Life, I always took that particular song as a critical outlook on how Americans positioned themselves in that particular period of the country’s history and how that has direct parallels with the 2016/2017 political climate.

IMG-7960.jpg

1 minute ago, Sportscruiser said:

Maybe my interpretation was a bit too literal :oopna2:

But given the overall late 60s/early 70s Lana was clearly going for visually and thematically with Lust for Life, I always took that particular song as a critical outlook on how Americans positioned themselves in that particular period of the country’s history and how that has direct parallels with the 2016/2017 political climate.

Oh definitely! Its always so interesting to hear everyone's interpretations (I feel so much more emotional about the sequence of Living Legend - Cherry Blossom - Sweet Carolina, bc of your sweet words about them).

I feel like with WTWWAWWKD could be a bit of a parallel with what you said about America's war AT Vietnam (bc lets call it what is was) and the Trump admin. Bc there was a lot of backlash with anit war groups during the 70s, with protest groups (and from what I remember, that subculture/"hippies" blew some buildings/things up in protest, which is ironic in itself - but dont quote me on that bc its been a bit since I was in school), which was reflective once Trump came into power, in regards of more backlash. And now we are where we are

4 minutes ago, Selfloathinpoet said:

I'm just going to say that I want it to be produced by Mike Dean. Lana please let the piano rest in peace.

For every piano song we require 2 non piano songs. Perfect ratio :agree:

Oh yeah. I definitely misinterpreted that chorus. I just never liked that song enough to think about it a lil bit more I guess. Just to explain - the way it sounded on my first listen was "while the world fucked it up before by playing stupid wars we (Americans) were the cool guys and kept dancing".  With pre chorus it may sound like she's saying that it may be the end of America and then switching to being more positive saying that it's the beginning, because America already did it once while the whole world was at war. Honestly thx for explaining how it's about her criticizing how America was living in a bubble. It makes sense.
In conclusion: I'm a clown and SJW. :flop:

Pics-Art-11-06-08-48-07.jpg

Dreams Sound Better With You

1. Dreams Sound Better With You

2. Oh Say Can You See

3. Wilshire

4. Terrence Loves You... Revisited

5. Moonlight Blues

6. Crazy For You

7. See You Through

8. Sealed With a Kiss

9. Blue Eyes

10. Sickenly Beautiful

11. Why Don't You Do Right

12. Cry Myself To Sleep

13. The Garden 

14. Deep in a Dream

This is Honeymoon's even more depressed

and drugged sister. The jazz and soul influence is stronger and the production is very 50s. I'd compare it to Sinatra's In The Wee Small Hours.