Elle

LDR9 Speculation & Discussion Thread

I want (in no particular order):

- A guitar based record with beautiful melodies and lyrics (songs like UFB). You know like songs she'd sing with a guitar sitting by a campfire on a summer night.

- A record that sounds like the original Honeymoon. Lush but with nice drums and beats. She has a tendency to always remove drums for some reason (Lucky Ones demo hi)

- Whatever LFL was supposed to be. We deserve an album like LFL demo and BAR. Witchy music when?

- The classics: either a jazz album or an alt rock one (with TLSP please)

- Now wishful thinking: a full on trap album with NO features. Just her rapping and singing everything :thumb2:

giphy.gif

My Lana album wishes:

1. a record that sounds like AKA 2.0. with that indie sounding production, dreamy and eerie sound amd vintage glamour. Manifesting Mermaid Motel demo energy.

2. a dark and sexy blues rock album that sounds like Dealer and Sad Girl

3. full acapella album recorded from a zoom call with diet mtn dew baby and bellevue vibes (I unironically want this)

I think she's coming back to jazz. Blue Banisters featured a lot of brass :yesnod: The trio interlude also says a lot.

Also lets not forget she was imitating a    s a x o p h o n e    the whole time we thought it was an electric guitar :facepalm: 

enough with the boring piano driven acoustic production jesus christ i am so sick of it. her production needs depth again. not necessarily BTD level production, but it needs to be exciting and more lively again

negAbhB.png

I’d love to hear Lana really lean into a specific genre like she did with Ultraviolence and Honeymoon…even if I’m not familiar or even super fond of the soundscape

Like..would I want a country album? Not really, but I think she could seriously pull it off if she really delved into it. 

Lately, we’ve been getting little tastes of different genres infused into her folky singer-songwriter tracks (like country in IYLDWM and psychedelia in Venice Bitch), but I’d love to see her jump headfirst and really douse her music in a specific sound. 

Her music really has an escapist quality, and I think that would just further amplify it:flutter:

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

2 hours ago, Alison by Slowdive said:

if it's true, i'm manifesting jack inserts less of himself onto lana's projects :true: manifesting none of jack's v authentic mumbling anywhere :true:

I thought that it was a joke that he was returning and then i saw her story :bebe: i really hope that if they are recording new music it will be in the vain of the Greatest , something that sounds fuller idk :bebe:

𝑳𝒊𝒇𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒃𝒆𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒊𝒇𝒖𝒍 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒂 𝒄𝒍𝒖𝒆

1 minute ago, Deadly Nightshade said:

I thought that it was a joke that he was returning amd then i saw her story :bebe: i really hope that if they are recording new music it will be in the vain of the Greatest , something that sounds fuller idk :bebe:

more music like the greatest would be a dream! 

mUENGN9.png

Everyone is overreacting at the sight of Jack again :thumb3:

if the next album is indeed « country », they could include Hey Blue Baby on it. Or maybe not.

anyways, he did produce Taylor’s All Too Well 10 Min version, which is magnificent. As long as his involvement sounds original, I’m on board (and I doubt he has time to produce the whole album).

11 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

Everyone is overreacting at the sight of Jack again :thumb3:

if the next album is indeed « country », they could include Hey Blue Baby on it. Or maybe not.

anyways, he did produce Taylor’s All Too Well 10 Min version, which is magnificent. As long as his involvement sounds original, I’m on board (and I doubt he has time to produce the whole album).

1. Yes, but all too well was already fully produced, he just had to recreate it. 

2. Id LOVE for an official release of the two Ally Coalition songs on an album :trisha:

3. And we're happy to hear he won't take over the whole album :illumilana2: