Elle

LDR9 Speculation & Discussion Thread

1 minute ago, athena said:

i either want a country album, jazz album or more electronic album

Replace electronic with classic rock/80s heavy metal inspiration and I'm on board with all three :true: 

On 10/23/2021 at 7:44 PM, YourGirl666 said:

WHAT WE KNOW ABOUT IT

Reveal hidden contents

- It's coming, possibly this year (like it was teased by the end of BB era)

- Might be a digital only release

- Jack Antonoff might be back

- Emile Haynie and Mike Dean might be back too

- She loves Your Girl (manifesting release)

I added this

17 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

i think it's time for a proper ldr9 pre-pre-release thread :awkney2:

she did say she had a couple songs “she really likes” and she isn’t touring to focus on her writing :brows:

"Don’t forget me"

Honestly, I wouldn't mind a Mike x Jack produced album, something that mixes that upbeat with the soft. The only thing I would need Jack to fix is the fact that there are little parts of the instrumentals he does with Lana that are way too quiet. Other than that, I think it could be super interesting

imageproxy.jpg

I want Jack to stay far away from a next project. It’d be such a step back after BB was a step in the right direction :crying4:

I really think they were together for Behind The Iron Gates, it was supposed to come out in March of this year, so it has to be in the final steps 

"Don’t forget me"

10 minutes ago, Niko Dealergo said:

I want Jack to stay far away from a next project. It’d be such a step back after BB was a step in the right direction :crying4:

I really think they were together for Behind The Iron Gates, it was supposed to come out in March of this year, so it has to be in the final steps 

I wanna believe it’s for that reason too but the way Lana spoke about the poetry book it sounded unfinished saying it could be condensed into 30 or something pages 

14 hours ago, godsmonster said:

enough with the boring piano driven acoustic production jesus christ i am so sick of it. her production needs depth again. not necessarily BTD level production, but it needs to be exciting and more lively again

I would also like a guitar driven acoustic production of her early years with masterpieces like Blizzard, More Mountains, On Our Way or Pawn Shop Blues. :flutter:

I want the next album to be loud and all over the place like BBS outro and Jack has proven with VB that he’s capable of that so I’m not opposed to his comeback… she made some of her best tracks with him, after all! I just want a little more “spice”

Lanarat.png

16 minutes ago, Niko Dealergo said:

I didn't even think about that, but it would make a lot of sense if they were together for Behind The Iron Gates. The production on the Violet audiobook is stunning, so now I'm kind of hoping that she's with Jack for that as well :agree: Maybe with a darker vibe this time

imageproxy.jpg

I hope we get another interlude, but with her just speaking over it like Burnt Norton. 

also, might seem unpleasant, but I'd personally love it if she didn't have another album til like the end of 2022 or something, and that she focuses on BB with interviews and studio performances/ leaking old mv's. 

collectively, this record would be so much better if it simmered without the promise of a new album shortly after imo. and i know a lot of people dislike the LMLYLAW vid, but I personally love it when she makes those kinds of videos, cus they seem personal, and that it kinda makes me glad that she's having fun and actually turning her memories into something like, almost eternal. like when u have little bits and scenes saved on your phone and ur remembering certain times. so so good 

UV/Honeymoon

14 minutes ago, Pineapple B00ST said:

I hope we get another interlude, but with her just speaking over it like Burnt Norton. 

also, might seem unpleasant, but I'd personally love it if she didn't have another album til like the end of 2022 or something, and that she focuses on BB with interviews and studio performances/ leaking old mv's. 

collectively, this record would be so much better if it simmered without the promise of a new album shortly after imo. and i know a lot of people dislike the LMLYLAW vid, but I personally love it when she makes those kinds of videos, cus they seem personal, and that it kinda makes me glad that she's having fun and actually turning her memories into something like, almost eternal. like when u have little bits and scenes saved on your phone and ur remembering certain times. so so good 

I could wait till 2023, she gave us two (great) albums in a year and I’m recently rediscovering COCC… I think mid/late 2023 could be it!
A brief hiatus would be a great way to create anticipation between her fans and the media outlets

Lanarat.png

3 minutes ago, Fart Deco said:

I could wait till 2023, she gave us two (great) albums in a year and I’m recently rediscovering COCC… I think mid/late 2023 could be it!
A brief hiatus would be a great way to create anticipation between her fans and the media outlets

might be too early for me to say, but I'd definitely love for her to maybe start teasing an album months before it's release so we don't have to wait another year post that :toofunny: so if 2023, then maybe teasing at the start of 2023, and yeah think so too 

UV/Honeymoon

14 hours ago, Alison by Slowdive said:

i prefer the demo and i believe ??? lana wasn't happy w the production on mermaid motel (AKA) but im literally manifesting a whole album in that sound - i cannot get over the avante garde glam metal gothic CHAOS 

I don't know if this is true but reading it made me mad. Mermaid Motel final is a career highlight :candy:

𝕀 𝕔𝕝𝕠𝕤𝕖 𝕞𝕪 𝕖𝕪𝕖𝕤, 𝕒𝕥 𝕟𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥 𝕀 𝕨𝕚𝕤𝕙 𝕥𝕠 𝕣𝕚𝕤𝕖 𝕗𝕣𝕠𝕞 𝕒𝕝𝕝 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕕𝕦𝕤𝕥

25 minutes ago, Gravitate said:

Do we think Say Yes to Heaven will make it onto this one? :sass:

I feel little sad about this song as I feel like everytime she considers to include it there is a significant other in her life or she is engaged but she ends up breaking up and scraping it off. Maybe in the next album she will include it when she finally finds the true love.

LASSO

lasso.gif

SEPTEMBER 2024