Elle

LDR9 Speculation & Discussion Thread

1 hour ago, Grenadine quarantine said:

I wanna believe it’s for that reason too but the way Lana spoke about the poetry book it sounded unfinished saying it could be condensed into 30 or something pages 

I don’t think it was unfinished, she’s just really bad at expressing herself. We know she took a ‘social media break’ in January, right before COTCC title track to compile the book (meaning it had to be in the final stage then)

When she mentioned the book on the live, I didn’t take it as “it’s not finished” even though a lot of members here did :bebe:

I don’t think Lana is gonna wait until 2023 to release the next album, especially since she already has songs for the album and is solely focusing on writing 

"Don’t forget me"

18 minutes ago, Niko Dealergo said:

I don’t think it was unfinished, she’s just really bad at expressing herself. We know she took a ‘social media break’ in January, right before COTCC title track to compile the book (meaning it had to be in the final stage then)

When she mentioned the book on the live, I didn’t take it as “it’s not finished” even though a lot of members here did :bebe:

I don’t think Lana is gonna wait until 2023 to release the next album, especially since she already has songs for the album and is solely focusing on writing 

We'll have like a 4 or 5 month wait just for the vinyl production so I hope she either surprise releases it (pretty hard with insiders knowing every Lana move sadly) or she announces it when it has been sent to plants and uses the waiting time to do a proper rollout with 2 or 3 singles spaced some months.

I just dont want another NFR situation where we don't even know if the album is done or not :icant:

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, Venice Peach said:

We'll have like a 4 or 5 month wait just for the vinyl production so I hope she either surprise releases it (pretty hard with insiders knowing every Lana move sadly) or she announces it when it has been sent to plants and uses the waiting time to do a proper rollout with 2 or 3 singles spaced some months.

I just dont want another NFR situation where we don't even know if the album is done or not :icant:

“the albums done who knows when it’ll be out” Lana in March of 19 about Norman :rip:

she said on the live that “mark her words” the next project she releases would be digital only. I still think that’s about the cover album though, because she announced it as a digital gift for us last year. 

I’m not overly worried about insiders ruining the surprise release because ever since COTCC, information seems to be harder and harder to get. (Nobody had even heard BBS until it leaked and when she gave us the BB cover art BOZ was still saying the album title was changed) so whatever her team is doing, it’s working. It also shouldn’t be that long for vinyl, she finished BB around the beginning of July and we got the album mid October, which is the usual 3 and a half month wait it usually is 

"Don’t forget me"

Currently remembering that there are several projects Jack could be involved in that aren’t LDR9….

I personally love when they work together, but the covers album and her poetry (audio)book are both major possibilities for the alleged collaboration

however, imagine if it’s for that Kali Uchis collab that Lana (according to Kali) reached out aboutunlikely but still a concept:dua:

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

4 minutes ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

Currently remembering that there are several projects Jack could be involved in that aren’t LDR9….

I personally love when they work together, but the covers album and her poetry (audio)book are both major possibilities for the alleged collaboration

however, imagine if it’s for that Kali Uchis collab that Lana (according to Kali) reached out aboutunlikely but still a concept:dua:

Been thinking that this is probably it. Jack would obviously make sense for the BTIG audiobook, and I could definitely see her returning to him for covers of whatever country songs she is doing

On the other hand, I could see her using LYTAN on LDR9. Clearly was an important song if it was nearly the (sort of) title track :ma:

8 minutes ago, regattasinthewind said:

On the other hand, I could see her using LYTAN on LDR9. Clearly was an important song if it was nearly the (sort of) title track :ma:

Ooh, I forget about LYTAN sometimes, and that’s a very good point!!

If Jack is involved in LDR9, I wonder if it’ll be a WFWF situation where he’s only involved in a song or two in the record. That also makes me wonder who the main producer would be…fingers crossed for a Mike Dean synth takeover:air:

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

If Jack is involved in LDR9, all I ask is that he switches things up a little. 

For me, at least, COCC sometimes felt like NFR! but with the heavy electronic influences removed and with the occasional country twang peppered in.

I’d love for LDR9 to exist in its own sonic bubble. I’m 100% fine with there being similarities and hearing Jack’s signature production elements, but I love when records invite you into their own little world. I genuinely think NFR! did that beautifully. 

That’s just my personal preference, though!

Sylvia Plath 

35 minutes ago, Alison by Slowdive said:

how did she tease arcadia? i forgot

I think they mean the selfies she posted in the hotel room some weeks before posting the video snippet.

Maybe those pics she posted like 2 weeks ago on the HM account are for something. It looks like she had her hair done (or maybe she just has natural pretty waves :brows:

giphy.gif

I recently fell in love with Kira Skov's music, and a lot of her songs really make me crave for a Lana album with this kind of gritty and artistic style.

This would be a great option for Lana to stick with the "lyrics upfront" kinda style she pursuied since NFR/CoCC without everything being focussed on subtle piano instrumentals

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!