Elle

LDR9 Speculation & Discussion Thread

48 minutes ago, drugmunny said:

when i say i want a jazz album for ldr9 i'm talking about MDM Live, Cry Me a River jazz not Arcadia jazz y'all feel me

I mean that too but also Dayglo Reflection and SUMMERTIIIIME AND THE LIVING IS EASY>>>>>>FISH ARE JUMPING AND THE COTTON THE COTTON IS HHHHHHIIIIIIIIIIGGGGGGGHHHHHH

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/59/40/90/5940903240da03ab6f8c1a9c79a31773.jpg

Cat Power has obviously has major influences reaching into Lana’s discography, but this one in particular would (imo) be a beautiful cover if she goes this direction

It’s heartbreaking, has religious undertones, and even has the mandatory “blue” reference:dua:

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

23 hours ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

mEvxxPH.jpg

too lazy to fix where the edit fucked up, but..

Title: Lana Del Rey

Producers: Mike Dean, Emile Haynie

Cowriters: Emile Haynie, Jack Antonoff

1. The Fame Card

2. Hot To The Touch

3. Williamsburg

4. We Don’t Even Have To Make Love 

——————

5. As Cold As You

6. Rock Candy Sweet

7. Dad

8. A Woman Turns Forty

Not Virginia Woolf on the back I </3 :'(

I know it's too early but I hope we get some news soon just for the hype. Maybe she'll tease something in the Interview Magazine (if she's indeed in the winter issue).

I mean I don't want anything very specific cause it's probably still a year away but I hope she talks a bit about the direction she's headed to for the next album sonically. 

giphy.gif

tbh i hope she takes her time and makes a quality album. We're way overdue for another Honeymoon level album. Sorry Jack, but you cannot help her get there so you kight as well go back to FUN. and make a reunion

negAbhB.png

BTD / COCC = over/underproduced according to fans (I disagree with the later one tho)

UV / BB = messy tracklist / some songs should've been scrapped /added according to fans

HM / LDR9 = magnum opus, indie perfection, underrated

LFL / LDR10 = poppy, but bad/could've been better

NFR / LDR11 = critics' darling, will divide the fan base again

37 minutes ago, Venice Peach said:

I hope she talks a bit about the direction she's headed to for the next album sonically. 

Same here. While Lana’s notoriously misleading with her descriptions, I think that’d be nice hype fuel. 

I wouldn’t be surprised if we get a country record aside from the covers album, but Mike Dean saying they’ll be working together in the future really muddies that idea. 

She’s always full of surprises lol

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

The fact that Lana hasn't teased anything yet is kind of shocking. Maybe she's trying to be a bit quieter about this album until it's ready? It's kind of exciting to be honest. There's so many different possibilities for what the album could sound like based on the producers we know of alone. 

imageproxy.jpg

26 minutes ago, Super Movie said:

The fact that Lana hasn't teased anything yet is kind of shocking. Maybe she's trying to be a bit quieter about this album until it's ready? It's kind of exciting to be honest. There's so many different possibilities for what the album could sound like based on the producers we know of alone. 

I still have hope she’ll completely surprise release an album one day: no prior singles, no hints, etc. 

The thought of waking up to a Lana album without any preconceived notions of it…amazing. Then again, I want her to get her money’s worth with the promotion she does do, but a gay can dream

Sylvia Plath 

25 minutes ago, YourGirl666 said:

BTD / COCC = over/underproduced according to fans (I disagree with the later one tho)

UV / BB = messy tracklist / some songs should've been scrapped /added according to fans

HM / LDR9 = magnum opus, indie perfection, underrated

LFL / LDR10 = poppy, but bad/could've been better

NFR / LDR11 = critics' darling, will divide the fan base again

btd - perfect first half but loses some steam halfway through

paradise - perfect transition between eras

ultraviolence - messy tracklist with higher highs but lower lows

honeymoon - consistently great and improves as the album progresses

lust for life - :creep:

nfr - return to form

chemtrails - cute sister record to nfr, some highlights (especially title track) but largely forgettable

blue banisters - beautiful album once tracklist is slightly condensed, good excuse to release some unreleased tracks before retirement (jk)

who do we realistically think we'll be the main producer of this album? there's so many possibilites, she's possibly working with mike dean, emile haynie, jack antonoff, drew erickson, or a combination of them! :popcorn:

realistically, i think it's either mike dean or jack antonoff! :popcorn:

#lana del rey from NFR!  #lana del rey from NFR!  #lana del rey from NFR!

41 minutes ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

Lana’s notoriously misleading with her descriptions

speaking of... she called video games and ride "folk songs" not too long ago. so i'm down for ldr9 folk!

small-sq-lana-del-rey-ultraviolence.gife4d193ad6825522455102e1518efe3d6835b52da

2 minutes ago, drugmunny said:

speaking of... she called video games and ride "folk songs" not too long ago. so i'm down for ldr9 folk!

she actually considered them country songs... i actually see what she means? they don't necessarily sound like country songs but i can see the influence, although i would agree that video games is more "folk" if anything

#lana del rey from NFR!  #lana del rey from NFR!  #lana del rey from NFR!

1 minute ago, Surf Noir said:

she actually considered them country songs... i actually see what she means? they don't necessarily sound like country songs but i can see the influence, although i would agree that video games is more "folk" if anything

ya i think the quote was something ab how they are sort of folk/country and she says "well, they're not pop" 

i would just call them both alternative but in any case she's a star at combining genres so 

small-sq-lana-del-rey-ultraviolence.gife4d193ad6825522455102e1518efe3d6835b52da

3 hours ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

Cat Power has obviously has major influences reaching into Lana’s discography, but this one in particular would (imo) be a beautiful cover if she goes this direction

It’s heartbreaking, has religious undertones, and even has the mandatory “blue” reference:dua:

THIS WOULD BE SO ICONIC........ I LOVE this song, She has to cover it.... FUCJZ the whole "blind but now I see" reminds me of BTD (I wonder if btd lyric was a partial homage to Cat as we know lana loves cat power and cat power loves Lana)

ufuHxz2.png mgQhSOE.png

producers: david kahne, dan auerbach, and nigel godrich lol :kris:

themes: projections and sex symbols and elvis and dreams and paradise being a hell-coloured flame sky

sound: ambient and jazz-infused glam metal. Lana Del Ray but even harder and softer

mUENGN9.png

1 hour ago, Multistan said:

What is this 😭?

Tbh I mostly just included it because she was a writer whose personal life was publicized after she became famous & also contained a lot of confessional work like Lana..

kinda tried to mirror the Plath reference in HIADT but maybe it was not the move/insensitive & I should delete it, my apologies. Just lmk and I’ll remove it because I truthfully don’t know a ton about Woolf outside of her work!

Sylvia Plath