Elle

LDR9 Speculation & Discussion Thread

Not me posting my DNC guess in the Polaroid thread :toofunny: anyway I figured it out you’re welcome 

DNC: Drugs not Clubs

The Revenge (UV 2.0) Album by Lana del Rey
:oprah4:

Her never-been-done-before-except-the-one-time-for-ultraviolence, surf rock, guitar-drenched, magnum condom, COVID-friendly album proclaiming abstinence from the club scene to avoid spreading Corone by doing drugs at home instead because that’s a tune we can all get down to

:cumming2: :cumming2: :cumming2:

Dark Noir Country

Dad N Chuck

Dad N Charlie

Did Not Cum :oic2:

Do Not Creep

Do Not Care

Drivin’ N Climblin’

Dark Night Caller

Dancing Not Crying

Did Not Cry

Darling, No Crying

Damn, No Cunts

Driving Near Corona

Dancing Night Clubs

Oooo maybe Diamonds N Chocolates or Diamonds N Champaign

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

11 hours ago, Sugar Venom said:

Question for people who know about sales/charts and release strategies: could the month of February and it being a collab help us infer anything about the song?? Should we start keeping track of other artists or projects scheduled for/around February??

not really. boz said may or may not, it’s lana so there’s a 50% chance it was already scrapped and an even higher chance it’s another collab with an unknown flop. and she wouldn’t start an era with a collab so it’s 99% not for her album. 

Okay, Paul Salem’s nondisclosure surrounding the DNC jacket really makes me think it’s a nod to a song title. I suppose a hint at the record’s title or even an individual lyric is just as possible:dua:

This would explain why Paul Salem acknowledges that DNC could appear in future merch with, “Oh, it might!” since Lana loves to use song titles/lyrics for merch text.:oprah3: even being open to this idea shows it could be significant to her artistry!

Also, many felt that the jacket didn’t match her outfit, and maybe she was aware of this. I know she isn’t Taylor Swift in terms of Easter eggs, but I feel this could have been an intentional, glaring hint????:judgingu3:

The only other possibility I could see is something related to her upcoming poetry or the covers record, but I don’t know if it makes complete sense to get a jacket made for those two. 

Edit: Then again, if DNC is related to the covers album, maybe the covers record will indeed be a cohesive, full-blown era of sorts. If it’s related to her poetry, I guess it could be a poem title abbreviation! What do you all think?

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

It might be a geographical name, as Venice was, so I also prefer Del Norte County. It's on the border to Oregon and  she sang in Arcadia that she's "not from the land of the palms, so I know I can't stay here", so she's leaving L.A./California.

Just now, bluechemtrails said:

It might be a geographical name, as Venice was, so I also prefer Del Norte County.

I think that’s definitely possible, and the same goes for her Yosemite shirt she wore in the past as well!

If it stands for Del Norte County and is related to one of her projects that Salem seems to hint at, I wonder if Del Norte County is the entire title..or if it’s a Venice Bitch situation to where there’s more to the title than just “Venice.”

Del Norte County Chick incoming:oprah3:

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

omg LDR9 is so alive :trisha: also i'm just gonna totally ignore the fact that DNC is most likely (def) a location and declare that D stands for dharma :true:

Spoiler

manifesting DHARMA 'N CANDY

producers: drew erickson, david lynch, and delusion

themes: being good to urself, being bad to urself + giving peace a chance

sound: cinematic as fuck jazzy hazy hawaiian glam metal birds crow chaos (AKA + honeymoon)

mUENGN9.png

13 minutes ago, Alison by Slowdive said:

omg LDR9 is so alive :trisha: 

I firmly believe this thread will transition into a pre-pre-release thread soon, but don’t quote me on it:shh: 

Paul Salem’s comment has me thinking we’ll get something solid (even if just a little tidbit of info) in the next few months. Paul works hard, but the gays work harder:true: 

A gay will eventually notice something—maybe a post from her hair stylist or Byron or a random comment “like” from Paul himself. We’ll just have to wait and see:oprah3:

Sylvia Plath 

So basically we're in the LFL pre-pre-release thread all over again. 

Potential Mainstream Collabs. 

A 3 Word Album Acronym (BAR --> DNC)

Rumours about February 

Honestly I couldn't be happier. :true:

"And when you see my face on every billboard and TV screen, you'll regret the day you walked away" :lanahairflip3: :legend:

My theory on DNC: Blue Banister aka Rock Candy Sweet was supposed to be a revenge album. We know that a good portion of the album was scrapped following a break up with Clay (not sure if it has any relevancy to the last minute changes. I'm only mentioning it because it all happened pretty closely). What if DNC was supposed to be one of the singles (got replaced by Arcadia) that she made merch for? Since the merch was already produced, she thought it would be funny to wear it to stir up some speculations about the meaning of the letters. It could be ''Do Not Care'' in regards to bad press and criticism.

D.png

58 minutes ago, CinnamonGay said:

Can someone explain..I'm lost 

Elle was talking to the LDR Village director and they said DNC (the letters on Lana's Variety jacket) stands for something but they can't reveal what yet, so people think it's a song/album title. Also BOZ apparently posted on ATRL saying Lana is releasing something in February but I haven't seen a screenshot and ATRL is down so I can't say if that's real

more possibilities?

-done now, clay!

-doesn't need coffee

-do nothing challenge

-definitely not crying

-dying near california

-done neglecting christ

-dolphins need cocaine

-dance now, c*nts!

-don't normalize covid

-desperate; needs cash

-deranged nuns chanting