Elle

LDR9 Speculation & Discussion Thread

8 hours ago, palemoonbaby said:

BTD-Paradise-Ultraviolence

Honeymoon-LFL-NFR

COCC-BB-LDR9

Another magnum opus is coming:excited:

Interesting! 
although, since NFR, all of her albums are considered solid by the GP. 
i do see her albums as pairs: BTD - Paradise / UV - HM / LFL - NFR / COCC - BB

so the next one should open a new chapter that could follow with the one after. 
I really hope she switches up a little and goes a little more upbeat this time. 

Lol!

just read a few pages back… 

i Love prerelease: the whole theories based on a cryptic and vague story post from her stylist (that got us all excited over almost nothing in the COCC era). :thumb3:

we truly never learn and go back for more. Never change, LB, never change 

38 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

we truly never learn and go back for more. Never change, LB, never change 

eras may change, but we won’t change :true:

Okay here’s what I would like for LDR9:

- a new sound, or revisiting Ultraviolence sound. i would like it to be completely different from the last two records

- inclusion of Say Yes To Heaven. it’s not my favourite unreleased, but i’ve grown to love it, and i think if this album is an UV 2.0 (i have no reason to believe this, i just want to see her return to that) it would fit super well. i’d like her to use either tlsp version or v5. she’s considered releasing it so many times i’d rather her just do it now

- if she is to include unreleased, i’d like ‘Your Girl’, ‘I Talk To Jesus’ and ‘Fine China’ included (if she goes the rock sound) and i would like FC to be reworked but i don’t mind if the first two stay the same

- if she is working with Emile and Mike, i’d like her to create some trip hop masterpieces and have a moody, sexy album that sees her writing style return to a Uv-Honeymoon kinda phase (songs like West Coast, Florida Kilos, Religion, Freak)

- if she is working with Jack, i’d like a St. Vincent daddy’s home kinda sound, leaning into more psychedelic rock influences 

- a proper roll out with professional artworks and music videos

all i know is i want her to go in a new direction because even though her past three albums have been some of her best work, i miss when every era lana brought something new to the table. but i’m just speculating, i’ll eat up whatever she puts out and i love her a lot so don’t take this seriously or me wanting the old lana back or whatever. i respect any path she chooses :agree:

tumblr_inline_nojcj6qe1j1s5i2my_400.gif gmgif.gif morrissey-flowers.gif

what i'm more interested in is the overall soundscape and path she'll take. what she'll be saying. 

from nfr's hope to chemtrails' dancing off stressors to blue banisters love and vfr to wfwf and then cb and sc, she's gone thru such a tremendous feat that I'm sure many might not even comprehend. 

one of the greatest things, at least imo, about bb is how her world was rearranged and all the feelings and processes about it, the discomfort and pain, turned into something beautiful. 
she's wiled, she's cried, and even entertained the haze in pain, but turned and emerged with love. 

completely content and feel even kinda liberated from just sort of intuitively knowing and sensing all of that aside from experiences separate. it brings more depth to things at least for me

familiarity's a two way street,
diamonds nearby the creek,
never crack, nary break,
from my soul, and mouth
through my teeth,
rock candy sweet 

UV/Honeymoon

16 hours ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

as a side-note, I wonder how far into the record Lana actually is. The interaction with a fan at Variety seemed to imply it wasn’t finished, but she seems certain this one will be better than BB?

Much to think about..

or y’all are just reading way too much into it and she hasn’t even started yet :eyeroll3:

she could’ve given the next one will be better as a fun or cheeky answer without it meaning too much idk 

4 hours ago, palemoonbaby said:

If Loved You Then And Now will be tribute to her fans i'm gonna die :bebe:

Imagine lyrics like that:

Cause I loved you then

And now

I love you now and 

I'm gonna love you to end of my life

:bebe::bebe::bebe:

ooh me and my friend wrote concept lyrics let me see if i can find them!

“I’m wild I’m free, no man can handle me”CWVPmao.jpgQMpCskZ.jpg

5 hours ago, palemoonbaby said:

If Loved You Then And Now will be tribute to her fans i'm gonna die :bebe:

Imagine lyrics like that:

Cause I loved you then

And now

I love you now and 

I'm gonna love you to end of my life

:bebe::bebe::bebe:

ew no we already have Love and that song is annoying lmao

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

I love all this specualtion, we truly are back in a pre release era:trisha::trisha:

Manifesting Diamands Never Crack as a title & a pyschedelic nautic BBS outro Surf Noir soundscape:pray2: 

I'm really hoping for some upbeat songs but I'm pretty  sure we get a really heartbreaking,  soul touching , bittersweet ballad section. LDR 9 is already going to destroy us:oprah:

I think we get a song dedicated to her grandma I know it's going to be so sweet but also super sad :xcry: 

I would be here for Gramma ( rework maybe) on LDR 9 tbh also Fine China  Dan Auerbach version or a reworked version. I'm also with Team Manifesting Loved You Then And Now a.k.a RCS :pray2:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

Deadly Nightshade Cosmetics by Lana Del Rey

“She’s got her own plan for something,” hinted Millett. “I’m not going to say what it is, but she’s had it for years, and it might actually now [be] something we could pull off.”

Also it might sound super delusional but I would love a song in which she reflects on the last 10 years of her career with a BTD throwback sound. Orchestral moments , similar samples/ sth similar to the autotuned loon , bells & VG & BTD references. I don't want her to do a whole BTD 2.0 album but I would love just one song with a sound that's reminiscent of BTD bc of its 10 year anniversary next year:trisha: I would collapse so hard & it would be so nostalgic :oprah: 

I need her to use that bell from Video Games & Driving In Boys With Cars outro once more. No HTD christmas bell (even though I liked the bell):trisha:

Thanks for reading my " Things that will never happen " post but lemme dream:oprah:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

I see a lot of people coming after Sheridan for his “3 days and a midnight” post, and while it wasn’t instant gratification, it was when they shot the Chemtrails music video. So I’ll take his cryptic hints over silence :thumb2:

9 minutes ago, alittleparty said:

“She’s got her own plan for something,” hinted Millett. “I’m not going to say what it is, but she’s had it for years, and it might actually now [be] something we could pull off.”

this took me back to October when ‘insiders’ were saying she was going to announce her make up line right after dropping BB :bebe:

"Don’t forget me"

Ok sorry for the spam but  one more post. I'm manifesting flutes & harps too & also bridges. NFR lacked bridges but I didn't mind it, COCC had some bridges and they were  good & I love them but on BB most of the new written songs didn't have a bridge  again( still love this album a lot ). I really want some good bridges on LDR 9 , she was always able to create some gorgeous,  stunning bridges & I would love to see that again on LDR 9:true:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

15 minutes ago, alittleparty said:

I would simply delete all my stan accounts 

2 minutes ago, Dealer Boulevard said:

Ok sorry for the spam but  one more post. I'm manifesting flutes & harps too & also bridges. NFR lacked bridges but I didn't mind it, COCC had some bridges and they were  good & I love them but on BB most of the new written songs didn't have a bridge  again( still love this album a lot ). I really want some good bridges on LDR 9 , she was always able to create some gorgeous,  stunning bridges & I would love to see that again on LDR 9:true:

the lack of bridges is so weird because for YEARS she always talked about how much she loves them, and doesn’t think songs feel complete unless there is one

"Don’t forget me"

1 minute ago, Venice Peach said:

What if every song on the album can be shortened to DNC :creepna:

Diamonds Never Crack

Do Not Care

Daddies n Cocaine

Del Norte County

Do Not Cum 

Don’t Need Chuck 

A surfy song about dating Mike and not needing Chuck to shoot her music videos anymore 

"Don’t forget me"

7 minutes ago, Venice Peach said:

What if every song on the album can be shortened to DNC :creepna:

Diamonds Never Crack

Do Not Care

Daddies n Cocaine

Del Norte County

Do Not Cum 

This is definitely a "YOUR MIND"-level comment :wowcry: