Elle

LDR9 Speculation & Discussion Thread

58 minutes ago, Thunder Revenant said:

Nothing about that album is bombastic though

?  Its not a crazy hyper album, but Homemade dynamite, Sober II,  sober,  Hard feelings, Supercut, Green light, etc were pretty in-your-face. 

I think people may be forgetting Jack is behind a lot of party pop stuff like We are young, Some nights and a bunch of Taylor’s popular songs, not just the toned down stuff we’ve seen as of recent. 

I don’t understand how Cinnamon Girl and Tulsa Jesus Freak made it to different records when they’re the most ‘bombastic’ of the albums.

I don’t know how I feel about the bombastic songs. The one (possibly real, possibly fake) snippet we got of Loved you then and now I guess was more ‘bombastic’

..the production did seem a little amped up. But I don’t know how likely Lana would be to release a third album of songs created in 2018/2019. 

But at the same time, if she is reusing old songs maybe the next album will be out sooner than we think? :defeated:

idk I have so many thoughts about all this :thumb2:

"Don’t forget me"

I hate to compare the girlies but BB shits on Chems for me and if we could have YG on the same album as another song w Text Book vibes the same way we won w having Thunder... I'll be the happiest mf stan

ZKcaooE.png

She did say that she thought NFR was going to end up in one of two directions in an interview with 107.7 The End in Seattle on October 2, 2019 — it was either going to be “hip-hop girl-group” or “singer-songwriter-ish” but “in the end, there were just more songs like [the latter]”. And she compared the “hip-hop girl-group” sound to the title track of LFL, so, I wonder if this next record, including Loved You Then and Now/Rock Candy Sweet, is in that vein. 

32 minutes ago, annedauphine said:

I hate to compare the girlies but BB shits on Chems for me and if we could have YG on the same album as another song w Text Book vibes the same way we won w having Thunder... I'll be the happiest mf stan

ur right and u should say it

27 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

she compared the “hip-hop girl-group” sound to the title track of LFL

the ORIGINAL title track of LFL lana del witch incoming i know that's mofocking right

Just now, Honeyyoung said:

the ORIGINAL title track of LFL lana del witch incoming i know that's mofocking right

it's funny how some things can change in a day or even in an hour

GracefulRaggedCopperhead-max-1mb.gif

i'm like a wild caged animal, lying by the swimming pool, trying to avoid danger 

GracefulRaggedCopperhead-max-1mb.gif

WGe8ynS.gif

If by bombastic we get a Gwen Stefani pop record (L.A.M.B.) that would be great. Gwen is underrated as a predecessor to so many post-00s works... We wouldn't have had Born To Die, or Fame, without Gwen's music thru the 90s-00s, and of course not without just wait til you get your little hands on L.A.M.B. 

I don’t think there were that many bombastic songs scrapped from NFR, but they could be the foundation of the next album perhaps or the direction of it at least. Imagine if she mixed these Jack tracks to others from other producers as well :judgingu3:

2 hours ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

I don’t think there were that many bombastic songs scrapped from NFR, but they could be the foundation of the next album perhaps or the direction of it at least. Imagine if she mixed these Jack tracks to others from other producers as well :judgingu3:

THIS, add the last tlsp outtake aka miss dope, blend in the original bb outtakes (which were the superior ones according to boz(o) the clown), a mike dean track here and there, let rick finish the final production and BAM aoty or dare i say album of a life :crying2:

6 hours ago, palemoonbaby said:

Idk if I remember well but Lana recorded some hip-hop girlsbands inspired songs to NFR. And probaly that was one of scrapped concepts. Maybe that's why Jack, Mike and maybe Emile are involved.:pray2:

wait where did emile come from i missed something :illumarina: LDR9 magnum opus if true 

UbsOye5.png

2 minutes ago, Sugar Venom said:

wait where did emile come from i missed something :illumarina: LDR9 magnum opus if true 

a little while ago he posted an instagram story on a subway tagging mike dean, saying he was on his way to his studio... :illumarina:

WGe8ynS.gif

20 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

I think there might have been I remember Lana or Jack saying in an interview they had to tone down the production on some as it was like too much for Lana at the time. It’s cool they made some completely different sounding songs hopefully we hear them in the future.