Elle

LDR9 Speculation & Discussion Thread

2 minutes ago, Pineapple B00ST said:

rock candy sweet gives me testing out nukes in fake cities during the 1950s (?) where it's all johnny rockets n milkshakes/ or even pleasantville vibes 

This as an album cover :hdu:

Would be pop culture history if you ask me :true:

The way Jack worded his recent interview makes it seem like COCC was the softer, quieter deviation of the work that gave rise to NFR

Conversely, there’s clearly a subset of tracks that seem to be the more lively, intense extensions of their time in the studio that remains unheard. 

I can’t help but wonder what the “bombastic” songs were like! I mean, the softer parts of NFR (MAC, HIADT, etc.) transition into COCC nicely, but what about NFR’s more lively moments?

Perhaps we could expect these unreleased songs to be a deeper exploration of the soundscapes in tracks like Doin’ Time and Venice Bitch. Lana’s alleged request for a Kali Uchis collab and her time spent with Mike Dean have me (wishfully?) thinking…

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

1 minute ago, synecdoche2 said:

This woman is going to release thirty albums by the end of the decade.

thirty? not ambitious enough, she's going to release ONE HUNDRED :et: 

Glitter Graphics: the community for graphics enthusiasts!kendrick Longie (jaydon23longie) - Profile | Pinterest Fireworks - Jitter.Bug.girl, fireworks , glitter , gif - Free animated GIF  - PicMix

2 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

thirty? not ambitious enough, she's going to release ONE HUNDRED :et: 

With the amount songs she's made throughout her life, she probably could make 100+ albums :silly: Can't wait to celebrate LDR100 someday 

imageproxy.jpg

1 hour ago, Pineapple B00ST said:

rock candy sweet gives me testing out nukes in fake cities during the 1950s (?) where it's all johnny rockets n milkshakes/ or even pleasantville vibes 

This is what I thought we were getting with Chemtrails! I'd love a Fallout inspired photoshoot for the album :defeated: give me feral ghoul vibes, mom! 

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

1 hour ago, plastiscguy said:

This is what I thought we were getting with Chemtrails! I'd love a Fallout inspired photoshoot for the album :defeated: give me feral ghoul vibes, mom! 

I honestly thought we were getting an extension of the aesthetic of that Interview Mag video she did: blonde bombshell housewife suffering from increasing paranoia and psychological distress, reminiscent of Todd Haynes’s Safe!

Imagine how UNBELIEVABLE that would be, right after NFR.

IMG-7960.jpg

manifesting 'diamonds never crack' :kris:

6pFYQEw.png

producers: mike dean, emile haynie, rick nowels, jack antonoff

themes: nyc, miles davis, new jersey dance queen legacy

sound: y2k-reminiscent new york pop but make it jazz (think golden grill lol) mixed w some slower contemplative vibe tracks ofc

mUENGN9.png

22 hours ago, regattasinthewind said:

This as an album cover :hdu:

Would be pop culture history if you ask me :true:

David LaChapelle where u at?

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

i think, w the recycled images being used on her merch rn, it'd be great if her team could create a performance compilation dvd or something. i always wanted a documentary/concert film to watch of hers ever since the idea was mentioned around the UV era 

legacy check 
material already there 

it'd need to have proper quality tho, and maybe some kind of bookmark (good for her poetry, simple to make and something nice for the fans), have some proper editing/ quality control. 

the only thing that i feel's inconsistent w the collective rn is that BB's supposed to be a departure, tho i do think this'd be remedied w just LDRvillage notifs/exclusive email invites etc. 

that way, we get to appreciate her work up til now in a tangible form, while she doesn't get tired bc everything's already been done

i still think of those btd/paradise lyric books ugh

UV/Honeymoon

2 hours ago, Whore of Tropico said:

David LaChapelle where u at?

he literally needs to shoot the album cover. and if you disagree you can dig a hole and debate the goddamn earth!

15 minutes ago, Honeyyoung said:

he literally needs to shoot the album cover. and if you disagree you can dig a hole and debate the goddamn earth!

I love Neil and I want them to keep working together in the future but I'd like something WILD for the next cover. She already did a concept cover for NFR, an group pic for Chemtrails and had a stunning and classy picture for BB but I want something really different for the next one. 

Maybe her boyfriend will do the album photoshoot who knows :brows: 

I also like the vibes of the polaroids the LDRvillage director took of her. I'm just so excited for what's to come (I know we just got 2 albums but I'm greedy for Lana :hide:)

giphy.gif

4 minutes ago, Venice Peach said:

I love Neil and I want them to keep working together in the future but I'd like something WILD for the next cover. She already did a concept cover for NFR, an group pic for Chemtrails and had a stunning and classy picture for BB but I want something really different for the next one. 

Maybe her boyfriend will do the album photoshoot who knows :brows: 

I also like the vibes of the polaroids the LDRvillage director took of her. I'm just so excited for what's to come (I know we just got 2 albums but I'm greedy for Lana :hide:)

i want lana to be wearing a glittering baby pink gown while riding a unicorn for the album cover :oprah3: 

Glitter Graphics: the community for graphics enthusiasts!kendrick Longie (jaydon23longie) - Profile | Pinterest Fireworks - Jitter.Bug.girl, fireworks , glitter , gif - Free animated GIF  - PicMix