Elle

LDR9 Speculation & Discussion Thread

9 hours ago, Gravitate said:

Basically, BOZ tweeted these lyrics:

"I think that you're sweet like rock candy

Wild like beaches that leave me sandy"

I almost regret that I dont follow him anymore, but all those Dua Lipa pics and news were just too much :icant:

Wait isn't Lana supposed to be in a winter issue in some magazine, I forget the name of the magazine:bebe:

Maybe we get an interview in January with some infos about LDR9:oprah4:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

Ok we know that the song BOZ teased is not RCS/LYTAN but I wonder if RCS/LYTAN will be on the new album too. I would love to hear it.

Also when does BOZ get to hear new stuff? I always thought maybe when things are getting mastered. If that's the case maybe the first songs are getting mastered right now. Idk but I could see that the new album will be finished in March/ April & then gets submitted:true:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

OH FUCK RCS IS ALIVE AND BREATHING :bodyisready:

18 minutes ago, Dealer Boulevard said:

Wait isn't Lana supposed to be in a winter issue in some magazine, I forget the name of the magazine:bebe:

Maybe we get an interview in January with some infos about LDR9:oprah4:

It was for interview magazine but sadly it ended up being Zendaya (the cover is

stunning tho)

giphy.gif

5 minutes ago, Venice Peach said:

Someone ask him about the sound of the song. He doesn't want to talk about producers but maybe he can spill about the sonical direction she's going for :brows:

I mean, this doesn't really mean much... Remember when everyone thought Lana would go pop with Jack? Or that her songs would be bombastic when she worked with Mike? (Not that WW isn't great, but the production is nothing like we thought it'd be)

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

1 hour ago, Dealer Boulevard said:

Ok we know that the song BOZ teased is not RCS/LYTAN but I wonder if RCS/LYTAN will be on the new album too. I would love to hear it.

Also when does BOZ get to hear new stuff? I always thought maybe when things are getting mastered. If that's the case maybe the first songs are getting mastered right now. Idk but I could see that the new album will be finished in March/ April & then gets submitted:true:

It seems that BoZ has some official ties to the music industry. He was invited for the press streaming party of Adele’s 30; during BB, he knew about that change of directions, names and possible covers… 

I think he got the chance to hear the first official single from LDR9, which is likely to be DNC. 

1 hour ago, plastiscguy said:

I mean, this doesn't really mean much... Remember when everyone thought Lana would go pop with Jack? Or that her songs would be bombastic when she worked with Mike? (Not that WW isn't great, but the production is nothing like we thought it'd be)

Yep Lana with producers tends to be a bit misleading. I bet she'd be able to work with Max Martin and do an acoustic piano ballad :hide:

Either way I sense LDR9 being less intense and "serious" than the last albums. I know it can be therapeutic for her to write really personal songs but it must be also a bit mentally draining so maybe she just wants to have fun with the next record. I miss her bridges where she just says random pretty things like champagne crystal yayo diamonds :thumb2:.

Even if it doesn't happen, just the fact that she reached out to Kali for a song is a great indicator of a change in sound (unless we get another LFL with 3 or 4 different genres)

giphy.gif

58 minutes ago, Deadly Nightshade said:

Are we expecting a new song soon ? :trisha: 

Maybe soonish... I can see her teasing something at the start of 2022 and releasing the lead in Spring. My only concern is that it seems that she already has the first "single" picked but I don't think the album is close to being finished so knowing Lana maybe she won't even release it :eek:

giphy.gif

I’m so tired of her using another song that was supposed to be released 2 eras ago as a turning point in another era. Teasing RCS as an album title and then completely scrapping it without saying a word and now recycling the lyric in yet another era (and probably releasing loved you then and now too)… her albums feel like a frankenstein lately. I want another cohesive body of work not another scraps after scraps after scraps put together wtf is this

2 minutes ago, venicebitch said:

I’m so tired of her using another song that was supposed to be released 2 eras ago as a turning point in another era. Teasing RCS as an album title and then completely scrapping it without saying a word and now recycling the lyric in yet another era (and probably releasing loved you then and now too)… her albums feel like a frankenstein lately. I want another cohesive body of work not another scraps after scraps after scraps put together wtf is this

1. Artists do that all the time, they scrap lots of songs, rework them to infinity and then release them in a fitter project. When it's not the same song, it's a line or a melody.

2. If you didn't have insider info, you wouldn't be saying that. A good album is a good album, even with lots of reused songs (specially when it comes to overproductuve artist as Lana)

3. Frankenstein is a nice book. Have you watched Penny Dreadful?

4. I'm 100% not not sex material

9 minutes ago, YourGirl666 said:

4. I'm 100% not not sex material

Can confirm. Does anyone think global warming is a good thing? I love Lady Gaga. I think she's a really interesting artist.

Since LFL, it’s almost tradition, to tease a song title or even a snippet and not release it right away. It sure builds up some expectations but is also frustrating AF. At least, we got TJF - WHF and Cinnamon Girl (imagine the riots if she had kept that one under wraps).