Elle

LDR9 Speculation & Discussion Thread

Just now, Selfloathinpoet said:

Hi guys, I haven't been around here reading much. Can someone tell me who was the person who said that Lana is getting involved in a new sound for LDR9? Update me on what we know. 

Eclipse said she's moving in a new direction and BoZ says her next single will be 'good'. We don't really know a whole lot apart from that but BoZ said we'll probably get some music quite soon.

what does a new trilogy even mean in this context and how on earth can eclipse know what she’s doing on her next 3 records? :uh:

but something new wow i don’t know what i expect but as long as it’s new and well thought out (and SOON) we’ll thank god (i want trippy 70’s synth pop, more psychedelic rock and more orchestra aka no more cottage core music):crying:

2 minutes ago, Frangipani said:

Eclipse said she's moving in a new direction and BoZ says her next single will be 'good'. We don't really know a whole lot apart from that but BoZ said we'll probably get some music quite soon.

I will continue to say that I want the album to be produced by Mike and Jack. 

Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters GIF - Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters -  Discover & Share GIFsin medias res: Gods and Monsters, Lana Del Rey

1 hour ago, Niko Dealergo said:

Since nobody mentioned it, @111 spilled on ATRL last night and said Lana is entering a new trinity (BTD-UV-HM/ NFR-COTCC-BB) with this new album :crying4:

edit: “she is definitely going in a different direction and will probably start a new chapter of trinity lasting for a couple of years” is the quote 

EVERYONE MOVE :trisha:

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, DeadSeaOfMercury said:

Nicki Minaj

she is not entering her antivax era no thank you :dorothy2:

1 hour ago, Sugar Venom said:

her daydream era is here :oprah: we’re going to get our own melt away and underneath the stars :oprah::oprah::oprah:

Y E S :squidward:

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

This is very interesting. Eclipse mentioning that it's a "new" direction for Lana means that the sound is going to be completely different to everything she's done. Lana has embraced many music genres so far - from pop, trip hop and hip hop to surf rock, classical rock, folk, and country - so I wonder what is so special and "different" that apparently marks a completely new artistic chapter for her. 

I'm a little bit confused though because Lana implied on her IG Live that BB is a "stepping stone" for what's to come so I expected an even more revealing continuation of the unabashedly personal and confessional nature of BB (TB, BB, WFWF, BBS, SC).

Anyway, I really loved her confidence during the Variety awards ceremony - the polaroids and the DNC jacket were giving "punk rock/avant-garde/experimental jazz/trip hop" energy lol - so I'm here for whatever she's come up with. I expect a February/March release for the lead single and probably a Summer (July?) release for the album. :flutter:

2 hours ago, Niko Dealergo said:

Since nobody mentioned it, @111 spilled on ATRL last night and said Lana is entering a new trinity (BTD-UV-HM/ NFR-COTCC-BB) with this new album :crying4:

edit: “she is definitely going in a different direction and will probably start a new chapter of trinity lasting for a couple of years” is the quote 

That kind of means nothing, yet everything at the same time? :oic3:

Just now, BlueGreenGray said:

This is very interesting. Eclipse mentioning that it's a "new" direction for Lana means that the sound is going to be completely different to everything she's done. Lana has embraced many music genres so far - from pop, trip hop and hip hop to surf rock, classical rock, folk, and country - so I wonder what is so special and "different" that apparently marks a completely new artistic chapter for her. 

NOT ME JUST REALIZING SHES GONNA REVIVE THE 1920’S JAZZY FLAPPER, SPEAKEASY AESTHETIC, VOLUPTUOUSLY SENSUAL SOUND WITH A CALIFORNIA TWIST IN THE 2020’S OMFG TERRENCE LOVES YOU 2.0 WE WON

639-EDCF3-4-B58-4509-B93-E-D3794-EA685-D

23 minutes ago, lanasbottom said:

what does a new trilogy even mean in this context and how on earth can eclipse know what she’s doing on her next 3 records? :uh:

to be fair he did say she will ‘probably’ be entering a new trinity, becuase you’re right it’s near impossible to know for sure what she’s going to do long term.. but with her working on this album since October at the earliest (she said she had songs she loves on her 23rd livestream) and her comments earlier this months about liking this album more than BB, it’s very possible she’s got a game plan and framework for the next, next album (Jack did say she likes to start the second album before the first is even done)

"Don’t forget me"

1 minute ago, Niko Dealergo said:

to be fair he did say she will ‘probably’ be entering a new trinity, becuase you’re right it’s near impossible to know for sure what she’s going to do long term.. but with her working on this album since October at the earliest (she said she had songs she loves on her 23rd livestream) and her comments earlier this months about liking this album more than BB, it’s very possible she’s got a game plan and framework for the next album (Jack did say she likes to start the second album before the first is even done)

imagine her releasing a grandiose album when she’s still passionately in love with it and not 6 months later when she stopped caring…i’m scared to believe but i have HOPE :crying2: 

as you say she’s 100% working on a new album and probably alot farther in the process than we think. something’s definitely coming soon and the album will be out before 2022 ends bookmark this. i’m just scared for what direction it could go cause we all expect bombastic rock and psychedelic pop but she could very well go the silent beet-nick, slam poetry with a single flute playing in the background, massage salon way :raven:

but i’m either way so excited for a new direction omg 

I'm so interested in seeing what the sound of this album is. The fact that BoZ likes it is the biggest thing for me because I know he hasn't enjoyed her last few albums, so it must be a pretty significant change. One thing I've always loved about Lana is her ability to completely change her sound on every album she does. It's gonna be super exciting to see where it goes next. My only hope is that there's a slight psychedelic vibe through the record or that she taps into that early LFL sound a bit. Other than that, right now, I'm just looking forward to seeing what Lana's cooking up. 

imageproxy.jpg

Wow, that’s cool to hear! I feel like it has to be something that is more left-of-centre, then. The last three records have been gorgeously classic in terms of instrumentation, so I wonder if there will be a more synthetic element in terms of production this time around. Based on what she’s been doing lately in terms of personal style, I’d say something a little more explosive is on the way. I’m into hearing some fatter beats:tongue:

If she already had a jacket made, things must be pretty solid at this point right?? iirc she wore her own LFL sample merch before we even knew what it was but I don’t remember how long the period was between when she first wore it to when it the record was announced. Should we start checking song registries, website codes, etc???

UbsOye5.png

1 minute ago, lanasbottom said:

imagine her releasing a grandiose album when she’s still passionately in love with it and not 6 months later when she stopped caring…i’m scared to believe but i have HOPE :crying2: 

as you say she’s 100% working on a new album and probably alot farther in the process than we think. something’s definitely coming soon and the album will be out before 2022 ends bookmark this. i’m just scared for what direction it could go cause we all expect bombastic rock and psychedelic pop but she could very well go the silent beet-nick, slam poetry with a single flute playing in the background, massage salon way :raven:

but i’m either way so excited for a new direction omg 

I’m really hoping she’ll drop the digital album with vinyls later so, like you said, she is still into the work she’s releasing instead of being forced to sit on it in silence. 

I wanna say she is probably pretty far along, but she did also say earlier this month she didn’t know where the album was going, so I’m trying to not get my hopes up too much. 

BOZ did change his tune though from “idk when it’s coming but it’s coming” to “you really don’t have to wait too long” so I’m thinking they may have set a tentative date. Plus eclipse really seems to have heard it (since he can say she is ‘definitely’ going a different direction) so I’m thinking logically we’re months away at this point. I’m also pretty confident in the new direction since BOZ said it was ‘GOOD’ and he hasn’t really seemed to like anything she’s done this year

"Don’t forget me"