Elle

LDR9 Speculation & Discussion Thread

17 minutes ago, Venice Peach said:

The full quote doesn't really seem a confirmation but he said "definitely" tho... :eek:

yeah it felt like he was rather theorizing about a new trilogy...

but if @111 wants to clear that up in here we would be thankful :oopna:

It would cool if one of singles would be something like Cyber Stokholm Syndrome but with some sultry elements but still with sassy and more upbeat direction vibes.:defeated:

i dont see how BTD-UV-HM is a trilogy other than them being her first 3 major label standalone albums.. if anything they're very different to each other in terms of writing, themes and production 

It's only my dark city, only my new man...

4 minutes ago, bunoner said:

i dont see how BTD-UV-HM is a trilogy other than them being her first 3 major label standalone albums.. if anything they're very different to each other in terms of writing, themes and production 

i think they're sonically different and they focus on different topics but i see them as all being facets of the american dream and focusing on "the golden age" of america (obviously not actually that's why it's in quotes)

born to die is the 50's national anthem type thing but also bad girl in love with the bad guy type thing

ultraviolence is pretty much the cocaine album of the 60's/70's, heavy and dark

honeymoon is this idyllic smooth summery sound but a hint of depression and sadness to it

all and all they're different but still conceptually linked and i can definitely see them working as a trilogy

also i can see btd / uv / hm as the lana del rey trilogy while nfr / cocc / bb are more elizabeth grant (not LIZZY grant though that's reserved for aka)

edit: i can see ldr9 being the return of the lana del rey persona but more mature

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif