Elle

LDR9 Speculation & Discussion Thread

I think L4L doesn't belong to any "trio" simply because L4L serves as a "bridge" between "BTD-UV-HM" & "NFR-COCC-BB" .

As Lana said in the "monologue" (Lust for Life album trailer) - "Amidst all the uncertainty, and as we transition out of one era into another one..." i dont think she only referred to her then "new era" Lust for Life. Thus it's more than that: "Lust for Life" is no doubt an era that connects between the two trilogies, while the album discussed about her past relationships with her lovers in a new manner & the idea of "fortune & fame", how her mindset of "being in love" has evolved, her future hopes, her social commentary & "a celebration of life" for her fans - It's like this record reflected who she is, a spiritual ritual of her to letting go of her old self & embracing the new woman she had then become, a perfect intermission between 2 trilogies.

Notice how she started the album with songs like Love / 13 Beaches - with the traditional "Del Rey" sounds, and then ended the album with something so fresh like "Get Free"? The genius is also the way "Get Free" ends with seagulls & ocean waves sounds, which symbolises her standing in front of the ocean, ready to "get free" to the sea & the sky, somehow led to the beginning of the NFR era - the first record of the new "trilogy" - the era that she emerged surf culture into her music for the first time & the album artwork was her literally sailing in the middle of the ocean.

Thus, LDR9 might be the "bridge" just like L4L, between this trilogy and the "new one", which is LDR10 i suppose.

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

2 minutes ago, Whore of Tropico said:

I think L4L doesn't belong to any "trio" simply because L4L serves as a "bridge" between "BTD-UV-HM" & "NFR-COCC-BB" .

As Lana said in the "monologue" (Lust for Life album trailer) - "Amidst all the uncertainty, and as we transition out of one era into another one..." i dont think she only referred to her then "new era" Lust for Life. Thus it's more than that: "Lust for Life" is no doubt an era that connects between the two trilogies, while the album discussed about her past relationships with her lovers & the idea of "fortune & fame", how her mindset of "being in love" has evolved, her future hopes, her social commentary & "a celebration of life" for her fans - It's like this record reflected who she is, a spiritual ritual of her to letting go of her old self & embracing the new woman she had then become, a perfect intermission between 2 trilogies.

Notice how she started the album with songs like Love / 13 Beaches - with the traditional "Del Rey" sounds, and then ended the album with something so fresh like "Get Free"? The genius is also the way "Get Free" ends with seagulls & ocean waves sounds somehow led to the beginning of the NFR era - the first record of the new "trilogy" - the era that she emerged surf culture into her music for the first time & the album artwork was her literally sailing in the middle of the ocean.

Thus, LDR9 might be the "bridge" just like L4L between this trilogy and the "new one", which is LDR10 i suppose.

16a.jpg

i kinda wanna hope you're wrong because of the wanting a radical change... but you're probably right (and that's fine) :agree:

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

Just now, the ocean said:

16a.jpg

i kinda wanna hope you're wrong because of the wanting a radical change... but you're probably right (and that's fine) :agree:

Ofc it's still a radical change :hair: no one says it doesnt have to be? right? :sass:

Lust for Life doesnt sound like either trilogies so... i always think bigger & #keeponmanifesting :hype:

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Just now, Whore of Tropico said:

Ofc it's still a radical change :hair: no one says it doesnt have to be? right? :sass:

Lust for Life doesnt sound like either trilogies so... i always think bigger & #keeponmanifesting :hype:

:true:

also none of the albums in either trilogy sound like each other either so :hype:

The last time I manifest something "crazy" just like Venice Bitch energy for LDR8 & Black Bathing Suit happened. 

Maybe it's time to manifest White Dress energy for LDR9 🥰🙏 If Jack involves this time.

I think the dead giveaway of what ldr9 might sound like is Lana's appearance in the last few months, we know she always embodies the aesthetic of her art around the time it's being made like most obviously UV with the eyeliner, leather jackets and jeans, LFL with her "baddie" looks and when she got into country the cowboy boots were on I mean.......i just feel like all signs point to ldr9 being sexy hot fly and beautiful

Just now, honey dew said:

I think the dead giveaway of what ldr9 might sound like is Lana's appearance in the last few months, we know she always embodies the aesthetic of her art around the time it's being made like most obviously UV with the eyeliner, leather jackets and jeans, LFL with her "baddie" looks and when she got into country the cowboy boots were on I mean.......i just feel like all signs point to ldr9 being sexy hot fly and beautiful

thank you for blessing us with this wisdom

also let's be real... if she's already out with merch and boz + eclipse are already talking about the album being 80~90% done based on the language they're using... is manifesting even gonna do anything? let's be real here :true:

11 minutes ago, the ocean said:

thank you for blessing us with this wisdom

also let's be real... if she's already out with merch and boz + eclipse are already talking about the album being 80~90% done based on the language they're using... is manifesting even gonna do anything? let's be real here :true:

Wait merch gerl huh?

here are my two cents. i don’t think that the whole trilogy thing was supposed to be taken seriously. i thought it was more of an exaggeration and put this new lana (nfr/cocc/bb) in a box, and it so happens to coincidentally be a trilogy just as the old lana (btd/uv/hm) with the next trilogy ahead, lana will be in a way different level than this one!

3 hours ago, Whore of Tropico said:

As Lana said in the "monologue" (Lust for Life album trailer) - "Amidst all the uncertainty, and as we transition out of one era into another one..." i dont think she only referred to her then "new era" Lust for Life. Thus it's more than that: "Lust for Life" is no doubt an era that connects between the two trilogies, while the album discussed about her past relationships with her lovers & the idea of "fortune & fame", how her mindset of "being in love" has evolved, her future hopes, her social commentary & "a celebration of life" for her fans - It's like this record reflected who she is, a spiritual ritual of her to letting go of her old self & embracing the new woman she had then become, a perfect intermission between 2 trilogies.

Notice how she started the album with songs like Love / 13 Beaches - with the traditional "Del Rey" sounds, and then ended the album with something so fresh like "Get Free"? The genius is also the way "Get Free" ends with seagulls & ocean waves sounds, which symbolises her standing in front of the ocean, ready to "get free" to the sea & the sky, somehow led to the beginning of the NFR era - the first record of the new "trilogy" - the era that she emerged surf culture into her music for the first time & the album artwork was her literally sailing in the middle of the ocean.

Thus, LDR9 might be the "bridge" just like L4L, between this trilogy and the "new one", which is LDR10 i suppose.

So roses bloom for you release confirmed on LDR9?!?!?!?! :true:

Californ-I-A homeland of the Gods

Once I found my way

But now I am lost

2 hours ago, finalgirl said:

here are my two cents. i don’t think that the whole trilogy thing was supposed to be taken seriously. i thought it was more of an exaggeration and put this new lana (nfr/cocc/bb) in a box, and it so happens to coincidentally be a trilogy just as the old lana (btd/uv/hm) with the next trilogy ahead, lana will be in a way different level than this one!

But that was exactly what they said…

IMG-7960.jpg

4 hours ago, Whore of Tropico said:

WOW :gclap:very artfully said.

i never thought of it this way but you're toooootally right. i was so sick of lana after ultraviolence & honeymoon. 

i couldn't really get into them. they felt even more dismal than born to die somehow.

i just felt like it was going deeper and deeper, harder and harder, getting darker and darker etc etc :/

but then LFL came around and i was...... FULLY OBSESSED with this woman again lmao. i still think its her most ambitious album, and if it was a 14 track album, it WOULD be her best work. it is still my favorite, but, i think certain song choices really brought it down.

and it helped me to appreciate honeymoon and ultraviolence a million times more. i don't know how or why. lmao.

but i personally really hope BB was the bridge :smokes: cause i like the album a lot in theory, i just felt disappointed compared to NFR & COTCC. i wouldn't mind seeing jack again but i would love if we could reinvent the wheel yet again. but i'll be streaming no matter what it is!

TheProphecyFinal

Here is a link to all streaming services where you can stream my new single, "The Prophecy" :party:

Critics are saying: "It's pretty much the best thing ever" - Anthony Fantano

and "It would be super cool if you listened to it. It may surprise you with how not-bad it is.  It's actually pretty good" - a genuinely unbiased and actual casual pop music listener

6 hours ago, West Coast said:

can we just cease to talk about Jack in this thread, I feel like that's manifesting bad vibes for LDR9 :dafuq:

I’m okay with Jack being on board again as long as he is not the sole producer of LDR9. Lana and him created some of her best songs together and as much as Chemtrails has its flaws, both albums feel like they’re hers and not a copy paste of all the albums he produced for pop singers lately (Lorde’s is the worst in the matter IMO). 
all the insights we got from Eclipse and BoZ lately have me hoping for another « American classic » in her discography (the way BTD and NFR are). It would be so iconic if LDR9 was her bestselling record after a decade in the game :godlaugh: