Elle

LDR9 Speculation & Discussion Thread

11 minutes ago, JessicaAppleBottomJeans said:

Has there ever been a satisfying Lana album rollout? Methinks never

Born to Die was the only one, I think :eartha:

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

22 minutes ago, JessicaAppleBottomJeans said:

Actually, HM’s was perfect: Title track teased in June via snippets on IG, title track release the next month, lead single in August, followed by cover reveal, tracklist reveal, fan tracks and the album in September. There were a couple of interviews and videos, but it was mainly about the music, which I love. 
In retrospect, LFL was incredible as well if we omit the damn release date that never was mentioned until that ugly tweet, at the end of May. There were many singles, MV, snippets, interviews, glamorous photoshoots, all in a 5-month period. 
NFR was excruciating, Chemtrails and BB were very minimalistic… 

1 minute ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

Actually, HM’s was perfect: Title track teased in June via snippets on IG, title track release the next month, lead single in August, followed by cover reveal, tracklist reveal, fan tracks and the album in September. There were a couple of interviews and videos, but it was mainly about the music, which I love. 

and so HM remains her magnum opus :oprah3:

sUcVobB.png

28 minutes ago, JessicaAppleBottomJeans said:

UV and HM were pretty smooth. Lead single announcement and the album soon after that with some songs in between. 

Paradise was also good (except Tropico taking forever to come out).

Also LFL if Love didn't leak :icant: 

giphy.gif

33 minutes ago, JessicaAppleBottomJeans said:

From what we know about it, even AKA was kind of a disaster in terms of rollout, although that had more to do with her label/team than her :bebe: I've kind of learned to just roll with it in terms of Lana and her album/era rollouts. She changes her mind kind of quickly in the middle of eras about what she wants to do with it, which can be fun if the era hasn't really started yet (less fun if there's already two singles out a year before the album with no word on a release date)

imageproxy.jpg

3 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

In retrospect, LFL was incredible as well if we omit the damn release date that never was mentioned until that ugly tweet, at the end of May. There were many singles, MV, snippets, interviews, glamorous photoshoots, all in a 5-month period. 
NFR was excruciating, Chemtrails and BB were very minimalistic… 

Didn't know that, thanks. I assumed that every album release starting with UV had a messy rollout/had to be postponed.

D.png

Idc how the rollout is as long as it’s better than NFR’s timeline. I feel like it aged me 20 years:bebe: it was worth the wait though 

also, at least now we won’t have to worry about her teasing most of the songs—most of it will probably be an actual surprise minus any leakers!

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

My only hope for LDR9 is that she doesn’t release a single super early. She said less than a month ago she wasn’t sure where the album was going, and since then BOZ has said we don’t have to wait long for new music. 

NFR was extremely excruciating. COTCC was super annoying with the September release date never being acknowledged at all, and a 6 month (I guess it was only 5 but it still was terrible) wait between LMLYLAW and the album. BB was also kind of annoying with the 2 fake release dates and 5 month wait between the trio of singles and the album. 

I don’t want the single released until she is completely sure of the album rollout 

"Don’t forget me"

2 minutes ago, Niko Dealergo said:

My only hope for LDR9 is that she doesn’t release a single super early. She said less than a month ago she wasn’t sure where the album was going, and since then BOZ has said we don’t have to wait long for new music. 

NFR was extremely excruciating. COTCC was super annoying with the September release date never being acknowledged at all, and a 6 month wait between LMLYLAW and the album. BB was also kind of annoying with the 2 fake release dates and 5 month wait between the trio of singles and the album. 

I don’t want the single released until she is completely sure of the album rollout 

I feel you but Lana is too trigger happy for that. I bet she can't wait to have the first single mixed and mastered to release it right away :hide:

giphy.gif

3 minutes ago, Venice Peach said:

I feel you but Lana is too trigger happy for that. I bet she can't wait to have the first single mixed and mastered to release it right away :hide:

Which I am happy about, I’m never going to complain about new music but the least she could do is communicate “here’s a song, album is coming along” it’s so grating to get a single (or 2 or 3) and it be followed by radio silence. 

MAC/VB are both career highlights but they felt so old and stale by the time the album actually came.

edit: old and stale is the wrong words. They both still sound super fresh but in the context of the album they felt old

"Don’t forget me"

1 minute ago, Niko Dealergo said:

Which I am happy about, I’m never going to complain about new music but the least she could do is communicate “here’s a song, album is coming along” it’s so grating to get a single (or 2 or 3) and it be followed by radio silence. 

MAC/VB are both career highlights but they felt so old and stale by the time the album actually came.

Yeah same with the triple singles + the unreleaseds. I really appreciate BB as an album but it wasn't as fresh as I wanted to (kinda my fault there cause I absolutely overplayed the three May songs tho).

I hope this time she starts the rollout when the vinyls are actually being pressed so the waiting time is filled with content instead of radio silence :eek:

giphy.gif