Elle

LDR9 Speculation & Discussion Thread

10 hours ago, Thoth said:

If you think Beautiful is a beatiful surf rock song then you can continue to believe lusforlife.

I defended him before BB release but now I feel like a clown.

Just move on baby ppl have different perscpetions about the same song 

Lust For Dead   large.gif

13 minutes ago, lustforlife said:

Gurl it’s literally a piano balllad or a piano ballad with srtrings just take the l and move on lmao

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/59/40/90/5940903240da03ab6f8c1a9c79a31773.jpg

1 minute ago, Leader of The Pack said:

Gurl it’s literally a piano balllad or a piano ballad with srtrings just take the l and move on lmao

Please forget me or just ignore my username ... i didnt do anything to u tô yall come all this hate..  Just lemme post every i want and move on

Lust For Dead   large.gif

it's giving...

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

1 hour ago, lustforlife said:

LMAOOOO if you truly thought a simple piano ballad with no other instruments is in any way a surf rock song you’re even dumber than you sound 
haha-lol.gif

13 minutes ago, lanasbottom said:

LMAOOOO if you truly thought a simple piano ballad with no other instruments is in any way a surf rock song you’re even dumber than you sound 

dont be so rude..

I'm so sick and tired of these kinds of narrative that these people try to attach to Lana's brand when it comes to the subject matter in her music (especially in the earlier of her career). It's always "Lana glorifying this, Lana romanticize that" whenever she sings about anything. For fuck sake, her using Lolita as a kind of symbolization never meant for "glorifying" that shit a legal love story. And both of her BTD + UV era as well - her singing about how he hit her but she felt like a kiss doesnt neccessarily she's glamorizing domestic abuse & her singing "i'm nothing without you" does not mean she's an anti-feminist. 

It's not LDR9 related (but kind of - since the way media falsely portrays her & take her story away from her could be what this upcoming album is about). So... Your thoughts on this?

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

To be honest, Lana still DID NOT GET the credit she deserves.

There are countless things she did before all these alt girls came to the pop scene, she is & will always be that revolutionary figure who has her visionary & artistry "echoed on every corner of pop music" [quoted Taylor fucking Swift]. She gets all the hate, the scrutiny, the underappreciation just for these artists who come after her have all the praise, the standing ovation, it's bitter & sad to think about it.

I know her QFTC era was a mess but sometimes, I can't help but feeling her & understand why she did the namedrop shit move & i can see where it's coming from (even though the namedrop was so unecessary & her wording in that post is 💀🙏💀🙏). But yep, i understand her, feel her a lot after watching these kinds of accusations.

So my hopes & wishes for LDR9 is simple: Lana, please do whatever the fuck you want - create controversy, shit on these fuckfaces, challenge them with the ideas that you always believe in, sing about whatever the fuck you want, disturb the peace, destroy the norm, get your revenge, get your credit, fuck.shit.up.

You can do it Lana  :hype:

5 hours ago, lustforlife said:

Whore, slut, interesting
me doing my job
listening only bullshit
No talent, no grace, forced
What's it like to see me with millions, saying
That I was worthless?

:dua:

euphoria song lyrics leaked :mariah:

sUcVobB.png

54 minutes ago, Whore of Tropico said:

I'm so sick and tired of these kinds of narrative that these people try to attach to Lana's brand when it comes to the subject matter in her music (especially in the earlier of her career). It's always "Lana glorifying this, Lana romanticize that" whenever she sings about anything. For fuck sake, her using Lolita as a kind of symbolization never meant for "glorifying" that shit a legal love story. And both of her BTD + UV era as well - her singing about how he hit her but she felt like a kiss doesnt neccessarily she's glamorizing domestic abuse & her singing "i'm nothing without you" does not mean she's an anti-feminist. 

It's not LDR9 related (but kind of - since the way media falsely portrays her & take her story away from her could be what this upcoming album is about). So... Your thoughts on this?

i don't think any of these youtube commentators even "get" lana :rip: i find it strange how much people associate lana's music & lana as a person with the problematic "lolita" aesthetic when you really look at the big picture she hasn't made that many references to the book & she hasn't even done so since like 2013, some of the references are obscure enough that you'd probably have to read the book to even pick out some of the references (such as "carmen" or "hell-colored flame-sky") lana's music is so different from what it was a decade ago so i feel like lana herself & her music is a little irrelevant to the conversation, however, the story of "lolita" & the aesthetics that are now attached to it, are being romanticized by some of lana's fans who don't really understand what she's really saying or maybe they see other people doing it on the internet & think it's cool & "aesthetic", i think people should worry more about the people who do that than somebody who referenced the book in a few songs a decade ago, it's especially worrying since a lot of the people who play into this aesthetic/romanticization are young girls

WGe8ynS.gif

2 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

i don't think any of these youtube commentators even "get" lana :rip: i find it strange how much people associate lana's music & lana as a person with the problematic "lolita" aesthetic when you really look at the big picture she hasn't made that many references to the book & she hasn't even done so since like 2013, some of the references are obscure enough that you'd probably have to read the book to even pick out some of the references (such as "carmen" or "hell-colored flame-sky") lana's music is so different from what it was a decade ago so i feel like lana herself & her music is a little irrelevant to the conversation, however, the story of "lolita" & the aesthetics that are now attached to it, are being romanticized by some of lana's fans who don't really understand what she's really saying or maybe they see other people doing it on the internet & think it's cool & "aesthetic", i think people should worry more about the people who do that than somebody who referenced the book in a few songs a decade ago, it's especially worrying since a lot of the people who play into this aesthetic/romanticization are young girls

this is actually the same conversation we had a few weeks ago on this very thread (i dont remember usernames) about how these tiktok people nowadays mostly use Lana's music for.

1 minute ago, Whore of Tropico said:

this is actually the same conversation we had a few weeks ago on this very thread (i dont remember usernames) about how these tiktok people nowadays mostly use Lana's music for.

it wouldn't surprise me if tiktok just inherently associates lana with "lolita", i remember when @Alison by Slowdive found a youtube mv for "thunder" which used the lolita movie... like... how do those two things even go together? :eartha: they just see lana as some weird vessel for problematic lolita aesthetics instead of a real artist who's talked about a thousand other things in her music :eartha:

WGe8ynS.gif

23 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

it wouldn't surprise me if tiktok just inherently associates lana with "lolita", i remember when @Alison by Slowdive found a youtube mv for "thunder" which used the lolita movie... like... how do those two things even go together? :eartha: they just see lana as some weird vessel for problematic lolita aesthetics instead of a real artist who's talked about a thousand other things in her music :eartha:

Questionable behavior from these music video creators ngl :oprah2: