Elle

LDR9 Speculation & Discussion Thread

20 minutes ago, LUCARTPOP said:

Yosemite kinda the pioneer of that camping feeling, sounds like we're listening to her singing with a guitarist at a campfire at nighttime. Just pure bliss and beauty, I would LOVE for Lana to do more like that, it's almost like a darker version of Honeymoon but with more acoustic guitars and light percussions. Swan Song, The Blackest Day, Burnt Norton (instrumental), Terrence, all gave me that same feeling too. 

NATWW also gives me those vibes :legend: i want a full album of it

31 minutes ago, LUCARTPOP said:

What is an aesthetic y'all wish to see (and/or hear)? I feel like we've been getting vintage & beaches for the most part, I would love to see something woods(cottage)core, or fairy-esque. 

I've sort of had it with the countryside stuff. I always love some 70s aesthetic.

1970s rock, suede/leather, denim, big city (NY preferably). Colors: orange, brown, green. She's done that in late 2013 and 2014 already. And a sound that goes along with that of course. An album of piano ballads wouldn't fit that kind of aesthetic. 

Spoiler

2920860be1c5d34769108fdc72a5e7ea.jpg

Spoiler

NONAGON-style-n9s-1970s-furniture-guide-

One of my favorite shoots ever is the one for Madame Figaro in 2013. I love the makeup, hair, clothes, setting,... I wish we had the entire shoot in HQ

original.jpg

20230718-113117.gif

Honey, you make me feel I'm invincible

Chemtrails is definitely end of summer > beginning of fall

Banisters is fall, with glimpses of spring (more like spring nights)

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

51 minutes ago, mlittle11 said:

u mean lust for life?

No. It will be kinda "narcotic hip-hop". Sick beats, transitions, sounds blowing our minds, experimental vibe. Retro-futuristic flair and album will be sound like nothing she ever done.

i've been real apprehensive on where her music'll go next, not because of shortage of talent, but how careful she is w her art (another good thing). btd's the eager rookie, paradise was validated. uv comes from betrayal. honeymoon was a grand fuck you. lust for life was a forgotten treaty, nfr a safe place. chemtrails, a renewing nature hike and blue banisters, the facing of her inner work and trying to have that neatly boxed away. 

as someone who personally has a hard time showing happiness so much, i get how Lana might be the same way w her music. and it translates w her themes. i think it might be too much to ask for something so brightly jovial, in fact, she does this in doses, but i do hope that she shares some parts of her coming back to the self.

there's a lot of material that she could easily compose a record with, but i appreciate that she's taking a lot of time to sort of work on other projects. just listening to the bb title track's heart wrenching enough. so imagine the depths she's had to make herself get accustomed to, to come back out again. it's important to not stay in one narrative for so long that it ends up being your entire identity, and i hope that her last cycle's been mostly shed for her to bring a certain freshness for her, that she might also be able to share w us thru her music.

UV/Honeymoon

I’m so excited to see what Lana does with this album visually, even if it’s just some cute little homemade videos (which I know nobody likes but I like them and idc). I don’t expect her to rush into this next era or anything especially since we got two albums in one year last year, but I’m looking forward to watching the era unfold whenever it does. Lana’s vibe lately has been so fun and I think that’ll be reflected in the music. Her energy always matches her work 

imageproxy.jpg

It's been over four months since the release of BB and I'm afraid there won't be any more singles from that album. But it also means that LDR9 has a better chance of coming out in the next time, hopefully this year.

Maybe she's already preparing us with some of her Instagram posts, that have a very ... intimate atmosphere.

1 hour ago, LUCARTPOP said:

What is an aesthetic y'all wish to see (and/or hear)?

Something dark, spacey, metaphysical, and existential

I’m imagining a blend of these songs:

-Oh Say Can You See

-Swan Song

-Heroin

-Is This Happiness

-Wildflower Wildfire

-Serene Queen

-Money Power Glory

-LFL Demo

-God Knows I Tried

(almost as if you made the witchy LFL trailer into a brooding, languid, almost Honeymoon-esque record)

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

19 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

I connected much more with Chemtrails in winter tbh 

that’s a first! I’ve never seen someone associate Cocc with winter. Personally, Cocc is end of summer/August. 

5 minutes ago, cinnamongirI said:

that’s a first! I’ve never seen someone associate Cocc with winter. Personally, Cocc is end of summer/August. 

COCC is August and it's no other option:true: