Elle

LDR9 Speculation & Discussion Thread

I think we need some more bops, but not like bubblegum pop. Take paradise for example, or lust for life. I think we would definitely need I Don't Wanna Go added in 😄

Not to downplay Rob's talent but I think we are overestimating his contributions to the album. He's probably just playing the piano in a couple of songs, it's not like he's the main LDR9 producer and we're only getting sad piano ballads about their family 

giphy.gif

I'll take the BB piano ballads over the NFR piano ballads. At least on BB they felt a bit more imaginative and they didn't have that cheap metal/tinny sound.

If Jack is involved again, and I assume we'll hear more piano tunes with Rob also being involved, let's hope they do it right this time around. :smile2:

19 hours ago, Leader of The Pack said:

Not y’all acting like Jack isn’t one of her top tier collaborators/ producers. This reminds me of when it was cool to hate HM. Y’all gonna be ( metaphorically) sucking his dick on here in a few years mark my words! ( if ya wanna literally I made the Jack Antonoff Thirst Thread at some point in the Cocc era, post away)

This gives me ‘Honeysnooze’ flashbacks 

sgopYhV.gif

1 minute ago, Crimson and Clover said:

This gives me ‘Honeysnooze’ flashbacks 

the difference is that honeymoon is actually produced well :oop2:

jack has his moments - for example the opening 3 on chemtrails, venice bitch, violet bent backwards - but there's also the tinny mess that is much of chemtrails & nfr

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

On 3/16/2022 at 10:04 AM, Venice Peach said:

I feel like people overexaggerate the piano thing, she has always used it in her albums and it's not like Chemtrails and BB are just piano ballads, there's only a couple piano-only songs.

I mean all we know is that Rob is doing some piano work but that doesn't meant the whole album is going to be acoustic :wtf3:we just need Dan Heath's beautiful strings to turn every ballad into a cinematic masterpiece (I miss him :crying4:)

I’ve never understood this :thumb: I remember when the ‘Bartender’ snippet was released on Chucks story before we even knew about NFR, people were already like “Not another piano ballad!!” even though I’m pretty sure ‘Change’ was the only one we had at that point.

3-4 of 14 songs on NFR are piano ballads and 2 of them are produced by Rick, but a lot of the piano songs on it are accompanied with other instruments for a piano rock feeling. 

I feel like COCC had a bit more piano though WD is her best piano ballad by far imo, and I hardly think the title track is boring. For Free isn’t even her own song so I can’t even comment on that but I do prefer its instrumentation more than the original.  

I think BB is a bit similar with NFR with piano that accompanies its songs’ main instrumentation rather than being straight up piano ballads.

I think as she’s getting older and having more experience with writing songs, she’s appreciating piano based songs more and more and is getting better at writing them, which is only natural. LFL was one of the first piano-y albums she had and that’s still pretty recent in her discography compared to others. 

sgopYhV.gif

20 hours ago, Leader of The Pack said:

Not y’all acting like Jack isn’t one of her top tier collaborators/ producers. This reminds me of when it was cool to hate HM. Y’all gonna be ( metaphorically) sucking his dick on here in a few years mark my words! ( if ya wanna literally I made the Jack Antonoff Thirst Thread at some point in the Cocc era, post away)

He's not the revolutionary music producer some of yall think he is. He's the go-to guy for sure, but as seen on Solar Power & Chemtrails (although I really enjoyed that album), the past couple records he's worked on are almost completely indecipherable. 

4 minutes ago, West Coast said:

He's not the revolutionary music producer some of yall think he is. He's the go-to guy for sure, but as seen on Solar Power & Chemtrails (although I really enjoyed that album), the past couple records he's worked on are almost completely indecipherable. 

thank you! is jack's work fucking terrible? no. he has some really good songs and has done some great things (like chem and melodrama). but lately, everything sounds recycled between different artists and it's so tiring. that being said, i have never disliked a lana song and i don't think i ever will. but i definitely don't replay NFR and Chem as much as her other albums. we need a new sound from miss lanita and jack doesn't seem to know how to do that lately. 

55-DE2-A0-B-B97-D-4347-B872-77-FA28787-E

miss born to lose

2 minutes ago, The Stargirl Pinky said:

If Jack can make King with Florence then I believe we’re in his redemption era no it’s TRUE but some of ya’ll ain’t ready for that conversation 

2-D1-F2-AF7-8-A2-A-44-E9-8710-08-E34111-

He was merely a co-producer on that song, but that song is BOMB :oprah3:

1 minute ago, The Stargirl Pinky said:

If Jack can make King with Florence then I believe we’re in his redemption era no it’s TRUE but some of ya’ll ain’t ready for that conversation 

2-D1-F2-AF7-8-A2-A-44-E9-8710-08-E34111-

i think that’s cause of florence and not jack 

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

I also think that Lana is always in her inner-sabotage era, so Jack isn't really to be blamed for everything, he went along to get along. But the recycled sound/approach from one album to the other? That's on him. :scoff:

4 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

everybody here's hating on jack antonoff meanwhile he's currently producing her 8-minute venice bitch/fuck it i love you/kill kill-esque beachy psychedelic mellow folk electric guitar magnum opus :hair:

Exactly :hair: He literally produced Venice Bitch that man can create incredible instrumentals when he wants to 

imageproxy.jpg

3 minutes ago, West Coast said:

I also think that Lana is always in her inner-sabotage era, so Jack isn't really to be blamed for everything, he went along to get along. But the recycled sound/approach from one album to the other? That's on him. :scoff:

Yeah I fully believe that Jack just makes the music sound like the artists he is working with want it to sound. However there is no excuse for recycling hope’s melody on Stoned at the Nail Salon.