Elle

LDR9 Speculation & Discussion Thread

I feel like Jack definitely can create distinct tracks across artists (Pills by St. Vincent, Sober II by Lorde, Venice Bitch, etc.), but what the final product sounds like will ultimately fall to Lana.

Maybe I’m biased, but I think some of his more recent works sounding similar across certain artists has to do with NFR sparking a heavier interest in mainstream folk. From my perception, at least, it seemed like a lot of artists hopped on the “NFR train.”

However, I agree that not all folk albums have to have the same musical elements and motifs that span across some of Jack’s production discography. Then again, most producers do tend to have their own signature sounds. I dunno.

I was hoping for a new producer but also think he could shatter our expectations if Lana actively pioneers a different direction musically, but I guess that really goes for anyone she works with. 

anyways we need a Venice Bitch (Reprise) moment methinks:true:

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

5 minutes ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

I was hoping for a new producer but also think he could shatter our expectations if Lana actively pioneers a different direction musically, but I guess that really goes for anyone she works with. 

this is what i meant when i said i hoped florence rubbed off on jack but you phrased it more accurately and eloquently :true:

idrc if she works with jack i just want something else

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

7 minutes ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

anyways we need a Venice Bitch (Reprise) moment methinks:true:

Lizzie, just do it, just do it, don't wait!

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

2 hours ago, Pale Fire said:

Idc who she works with but we NEED a fiery powerful surf summer drugs hot beachy waves leather sex drugs love passion live fast die young rock grunge trip hop sunset Miami tropical lonely depressive psychedelic album. I feel like the further she gets into her career, the further away we get from a really saucy album. we know girlie has so much shit she’s already made w Jack, TLSP, etc…. I just want something to get down to that I can also drunkenly cry to that I can also blast in the car that I can also smoke a cigarette to and vibe with…… 

Basically im saying I want a UV-NFR hybrid on steroids. Asap. Injected into my veins.

Well we can close this thread now. This post said everything that needed to be said.

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/59/40/90/5940903240da03ab6f8c1a9c79a31773.jpg

51 minutes ago, Leader of The Pack said:

Well we can close this thread now. This post said everything that needed to be said.

Bitch i read "we can close this thread now" & I ALMOST JUMPED,

You made me thot she's just posted an announcement or something 

Bitch You Better Be Joking Maddy Perez GIF - Bitch You Better Be Joking  Maddy Perez Kat Hernandez - Discover & Share GIFs

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Has anyone shared this? The other day someone tweeted about seeing Lana & Jack together. Not sure how reliable it is, but it was tweeted before Rob first tweeted about being in the studio x

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

Just now, Elle said:

Has anyone shared this? The other day someone tweeted about seeing Lana & Jack together. Not sure how reliable it is, but it was tweeted before Rob first tweeted about being in the studio x

jack antinoff is just mike dean's alter ego :ma: 

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

6 minutes ago, Elle said:

drop my knees to the floor

hands to the sky

praying for

bombastic NFR SOUND

2 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

jack antinoff is just mike dean's alter ego :ma: 

Jack Antonoff has been Mike Dean this whole time, he just wears a disguise so we won't know it's him :ma:

imageproxy.jpg

4 minutes ago, Elle said:

A Greek tragedy in the making :ma:

9 minutes ago, House of Balloons said:

a Melodrama

a *Solar Power*

Probably highly unpopular, but I’ll say it… 

so far, with their respective work with Lana… 

Jack > Mike Dean

I like WFWF, especially the last minute of it, but I feel like Lana missed an opportunity with Mike, to let him go way wilder than she let him. I mean, as much as WFWF is good, it doesn’t really scream Mike Dean and could have been produced by the LFL team :bebe:

4 hours ago, Pale Fire said:

Idc who she works with but we NEED a fiery powerful surf summer drugs hot beachy waves leather sex drugs love passion live fast die young rock grunge trip hop sunset Miami tropical lonely depressive psychedelic album. I feel like the further she gets into her career, the further away we get from a really saucy album. we know girlie has so much shit she’s already made w Jack, TLSP, etc…. I just want something to get down to that I can also drunkenly cry to that I can also blast in the car that I can also smoke a cigarette to and vibe with…… 

Basically im saying I want a UV-NFR hybrid on steroids. Asap. Injected into my veins.

:bodyisready:

5 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

Probably highly unpopular, but I’ll say it… 

so far, with their respective work with Lana… 

Jack > Mike Dean

I like WFWF, especially the last minute of it, but I feel like Lana missed an opportunity with Mike, to let him go way wilder than she let him. I mean, as much as WFWF is good, it doesn’t really scream Mike Dean and could have been produced by the LFL team :bebe:

I agree with you. WFWF is a masterpiece and it's my favorite BB song (and one of my fav Lana tracks overall) but I expected a different thing from a Mike track. Let's hope they collab again in the future :icant:

giphy.gif

9 minutes ago, Venice Peach said:

I agree with you. WFWF is a masterpiece and it's my favorite BB song (and one of my fav Lana tracks overall) but I expected a different thing from a Mike track. Let's hope they collab again in the future :icant:

wfwf is top 3 on bb for me