Elle

LDR9 Speculation & Discussion Thread

imagine if DNC is one of the “bombastic” songs made with Jack:dua:

Maybe the Venice Bitch shirt + Venice jacket were made knowing how iconic the single would be…and maybe that’s the case for DNC:true:

(yes I’m probably reaching but let a gay dream)

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

5 hours ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

I really wonder what an entire record produced by Mike Dean would sound like. I feel like WFWF wouldn’t be super representative of the entire album mostly because of how personal and dark it is. 

In other words, I almost feel like WFWF could have been the hope is a dangerous thing… equivalent to a Mike Dean record, but who knows, honestly

He‘s the one that got away :sadcore3:

I like entertaining the idea of LDR9 being a “fan service” record in the same way that LFL was—especially after an emotionally and lyrically heavy record like Blue Banisters

What if that’s why she seems to be considering an eclectic mix of genres and collaborations lately? So far, we know she’s expressed interest in working with Nikki Lane, Migos, Kali Uchis, and her father.

Similarly, there’s also the possibility of multiple producers: Jack Antonoff (per her father’s recent post and an alleged siting, Rick Nowels (from the alleged screenshot), and Mike Dean to a lesser extent (based off of his vague comment about future works with her). I feel like Emile Haynie might be a bit of a stretch, but never say never?

While this may seem impossible, let’s keep in mind that Lana had (among others) Playboi Carti and Stevie Nicks on the same album only a few years ago lol. Like, she really managed to include folk, hip hop,

baroque pop, and more all on one record.

Then again, maybe LDR9 will just be an extension of what we heard on Blue Banisters. Who knows lol

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

i want lana to pull a lorde and put a special code to a locked website if you purchase a physical form of ldr9. she can put demos, unleaked songs, photos, outtakes and just like a diary of her day on the website. she could even put some lizzy photos:hooker:

38 minutes ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

So far, we know she’s expressed interest in working with Nikki Lane, Migos, Kali Uchis, and her father.

This list of random people is sending me. Imagine them all on the same song :hide:

@Jack Antonoff is a God is winning right now huh:ma::raven:

Their revenge era is coming :willcut:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

42 minutes ago, BartenderDeco said:

luckiest girl in country music ft migos

The Culture is lit (Migos: LIT!)

Rob wearing his Hawaiian shirt on Skid Row (Migos: Hawai!)

Breaking up slowly through telepatía (Migos: Skrr Skrr)

Spoiler

Tried my best :bebe:

10 hours ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

I like entertaining the idea of LDR9 being a “fan service” record in the same way that LFL was—especially after an emotionally and lyrically heavy record like Blue Banisters

Personally, I didn't find BB emotionally or lyrically heavy, except for WFWF, and even it has a great catharsis at the end that released a lot of energy. 

Part of the reason BB is one of my favorites of Lana's is that it's fairly light---'Arcadia,' 'Beautiful,' 'BBS,' 'IYLDWM,' 'VFR,' 'SC'--these are new songs, or new to us, and each, to me, shows a lot of strength and decisiveness.

'Dealer' is not heavy to me---I find it somewhat comic and bordering on being a novelty song--and the four older songs are sensitive but powerful statements; only 'NOTG' leaves her feeling 'lost,' but her clarity in this state doesn't leave me feeling so.

Likewise, 'TB,' to me, seems to come from a position of strength, whatever was going on in her life that she's alluding to. Unlike some others, I don't interpret  "Let's rewrite history, I'll do this dance with you/You know I'm not that girl, you know I'll never be/Maybe just the way we're different could set me free/There we were, screamin' "Black Lives Matter" in the crowd/By the Old Man River, and I saw you saw who I am" negatively. 

So that leaves the title track, which I don't care for, and admittedly reflects an emotional disappointment and period of sorrow in her life. 

So if LDR9 is like BB the album, great.

I loved COCC, but BB was more energetic and lively, and I wouldn't want another album as subdued as COCC for LDR9. If I had to chose between NFR!, COCC, and BB for the general sound of LDR9, I'd easily chose BB.

this might be a shit a opinion but bb doesn’t really feel like a whole album to me. like there’s something missing that all of her other albums fulfill. maybe it’s that some songs were recorded in 2013 and others in 2021. the songs just don’t click together, like the interlude after arcadia and the production, theme and lyrical changes in every single song it just doesn’t feel that cohesive to me. it’s a great album with many stand out tracks and i love it though

8 hours ago, COCC said:

He‘s the one that got away :sadcore3:

It’s so funny to me that I literally did not like wfwf and I HATED the outro and how she sounds on the chorus, and it’s one of the favs of a lot of people 

Just goes to show the music experience is so different for everyone 

it would be interesting to see what they could make together tho if it was more experimental 

IM STRONGER THANgiphy.gifALL MY MEN...

16 minutes ago, whitelungswhitepalms said:

It’s so funny to me that I literally did not like wfwf and I HATED the outro and how she sounds on the chorus, and it’s one of the favs of a lot of people 

Just goes to show the music experience is so different for everyone 

it would be interesting to see what they could make together tho if it was more experimental 

The rich piano :bodyisready:

Her deep voice :bodyisready:

The lyrics :bodyisready:

The melody :bodyisready:

hOt CoFfEe :bodyisready:

The crunchy synth :bodyisready:

it‘s you from whom I LEARN LAAA-LEARN :bodyisready:

One of her best songs. And I think she would be able to make a masterpiece with Mike :true: