Elle

LDR9 Speculation & Discussion Thread

3 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

controversial opinion, but i do NOT want blue banisters 2.0 :um: i'd much rather have another album produced by jack

anyway i'm so tired of the jack hate honestly, he's really not that bad, violets for roses, beautiful, & sweet carolina aren't really any different from the "jack piano ballads" that are despised so much here :oopna2:

I wasn’t hating on Jack tho? My comment was more about how the tracks Dawes and Erickson made are really great and it would be nice to hear more music in that vein :true: 

1 minute ago, The Stargirl Pinky said:

I wasn’t hating on Jack tho? My comment was more about how the tracks Dawes and Erickson made are really great and it would be nice to hear more music in that vein :true: 

which is basically what blue banisters is... :um2: that's just my opinion, though

also when i added that comment about jack & how people hate him, it was not directed towards you at all, i actually had forgotten that comment was a reply :shh2:

#lana del rey from NFR!  #lana del rey from NFR!  #lana del rey from NFR!

6 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

which is basically what blue banisters is... :um2: that's just my opinion, though

I guess when I reflect on BB I don’t think exclusively Dawes/Erickson, I think Rick and Barrie as well. The older songs don’t seem to correlate with the newer ones and the album feels a tad disjointed, so to that extent I’d agree I don’t want another BB. But am I a hoe for TB & BBS-esque songs? Yes, yes I am :sass:

15 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

anyway i'm so tired of the jack hate honestly, he's really not that bad, violets for roses, beautiful, & sweet carolina aren't really any different from the "jack antonoff piano ballads" that are despised so much here :oopna2:

Hot take, but the piano on Blue Banisters sounds much richer & intricate than it did on NFR. People hate on Lana's "piano ballads" because they weren't all that great on NFR.

Half of Blue Banisters is good and the other half is bad

I feel like she tried too hard to be sInGeR sOngWrItEr on some of the songs and examples of this are Text Book and Arcadia

It's as if she was focussing so much on the lyrics that she forgot about the musical component. Both of those songs have nothing going for them instrumentally and the crackhead Mariachi interlude just highlighted it.

But I think Black Bathing Suit, Beautiful and Dealer are excellent

A song about Chunk with Rob on piano was cute once but I don't need that again 

Jack has a habit of putting weird noises into songs for no fucking reason eg the bells in HTD and the smoke alarm in Lorde's Fallen Fruit so if he could refrain that'd be nice

Okay I'm done

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

12 minutes ago, Rorman Nockwell said:

Half of Blue Banisters is good and the other half is bad

I feel like she tried too hard to be sInGeR sOngWrItEr on some of the songs and examples of this are Text Book and Arcadia

It's as if she was focussing so much on the lyrics that she forgot about the musical component. Both of those songs have nothing going for them instrumentally and the crackhead Mariachi interlude just highlighted it.

But I think Black Bathing Suit, Beautiful and Dealer are excellent

A song about Chunk with Rob on piano was cute once but I don't need that again 

Jack has a habit of putting weird noises into songs for no fucking reason eg the bells in HTD and the smoke alarm in Lorde's Fallen Fruit so if he could refrain that'd be nice

Okay I'm done

Well this opinion lost all credibility the minute you included beautiful as a highlight of the album 

UguUCJc.gif

leak the barrie-james co-written songs + elvis (2013)

27 minutes ago, Rorman Nockwell said:

Okay I'm done

when he did it in hard feelings/loveless he got so much praise, so now he thinks he can do it in every single song and critics will love those random noises

16 minutes ago, Party Favor said:

Well this opinion lost all credibility the minute you included beautiful as a highlight of the album 

Beautiful (alt. version) is actually a highlight

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

31 minutes ago, Party Favor said:

No it's good

Better than whiny Arcadia and Text Bore

3 hours ago, West Coast said:

Venice Bitch & White Dress are imho the only Jack produced tracks that are truly amazing, that is unquestionable. The rest, however, hit or miss (mostly miss) :scoff:

3 hours ago, the ocean said:

the only good jack production moments are venice bitch & chemtrails

the rest of nfr + cocc are only good because of lana's talents and they'd probably be better if they weren't produced by jack

what? alone nfr is a masterpiece, best produced album ever

Jack strikes me as an all-rounder in that he can play like 75 different instruments (apparently) AND mix AND master

But like if you need a harpist, for example, you'd be better off getting a dedicated one 

I think Lana probably likes him because she can just make spontaneous decisions in the studio like "oh yeah I want a cello in the intro" and Jack's there with his cello that he probably hasn't played since 1998 

I'm not trynna say he's not good at anything but I think he spreads himself too thin 

There's no one thing he does that I think is particularly brilliant; his most impressive quality is how many things he does not to mention his uncanny ability to rope in every pop and alt pop girl on the planet

27 minutes ago, Rorman Nockwell said:

Jack strikes me as an all-rounder 

But like if you need a harpist, for example, you'd be better off getting a dedicated one  

There's no one thing he does that I think is particularly brilliant; his most impressive quality is how many things he does 

Literally a Jack of all trades but a master of none

20230718-113117.gif

Honey, you make me feel I'm invincible

25 minutes ago, Rorman Nockwell said:

Jack strikes me as an all-rounder in that he can play like 75 different instruments (apparently) AND mix AND master

I think Lana probably likes him because she can just make spontaneous decisions in the studio like "oh yeah I want a cello in the intro" and Jack's there with his cello that he probably hasn't played since 1998 

I'm not trynna say he's not good at anything but I think he spreads himself too thin 

There's no one thing he does that I think is particularly brilliant; his most impressive quality is how many things he does not to mention his uncanny ability to rope in every pop and alt pop girl on the planet

I like the way he can keep an album coherent so that it sounds in a certain style throughout.

It is no coincidence that he has already won so many Grammys.