Elle

LDR9 Speculation & Discussion Thread

5 minutes ago, Big Star said:

anyways i wanna start a convo... what do u guys think san francisco has to do with the record? :cat:

It's definitely gonna be this records location. All of them have one imo (Born To Die is New York or even Coney Island to an extent, Ultraviolence is Brooklyn, Honeymoon is Italy, Lust for Life is L.A, NFR is Laurel Canyon, Chemtrails is Oklahoma/the Midwest in general, and Blue Banisters is Arcadia). I'm excited to see how it plays into the record's aesthetic 

imageproxy.jpg

I left my city for San Francisco
And I'm writing from the Golden Gate Bridge
But it's not going as I planned
I took a free ride off a billionaire and brought my typewriter
And promised myself that I would stay, but
It's just not going the way that I thought
It's not that I feel different, and I don't mind that it's not hot
It's just that I belong to no one, which means there's only one place for me
The city not quite awake, the city not quite asleep
The city that's still deciding how good it can be

yall I’ve been gone for weeks where did SF come from..? is she covering san francisco by scott mckenzie :oprah4: that would be cute on a small little compilation EP with looking for america, watercolor eyes, season of the witch, and a few more original songs in that style <3

UbsOye5.png

Just now, Sugar Venom said:

yall I’ve been gone for weeks where did SF come from..? is she covering san francisco by scott mckenzie :oprah4: that would be cute on a small little compilation EP with looking for america, watercolor eyes, season of the witch, and a few more original songs in that style <3

rob posted a picture of san francisco with the caption: "A lot of beautiful songs about this magical city…"

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

4 minutes ago, the ocean said:

rob posted a picture of san francisco with the caption: "A lot of beautiful songs about this magical city…"

San Francisco by Scott McKenzie confirmed :oprah4: if you’re going to San Francisco be sure to wear some flowers in your hair :oprah4: the return of flower crown Lana :oprah4:

UbsOye5.png

1 hour ago, Big Star said:

when do you guys think we'd get news

Realistically... I'm thinking around May or June. Or maybe she will say something when posting about the FJM song (like "FJM's album is out now with a cover a made for one of his songs. Excited to let you hear more new music soon" :thumb2:

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, Super Movie said:

It's definitely gonna be this records location. All of them have one imo (Born To Die is New York or even Coney Island to an extent, Ultraviolence is Brooklyn, Honeymoon is Italy, Lust for Life is L.A, NFR is Laurel Canyon, Chemtrails is Oklahoma/the Midwest in general, and Blue Banisters is Arcadia). I'm excited to see how it plays into the record's aesthetic 

it'll surely be interesting to see how she captures San Fran in her vision, also i'd argue NFR is also Long Beach

1 hour ago, takemetothegasstation said:

I left my city for San Francisco
And I'm writing from the Golden Gate Bridge
But it's not going as I planned
I took a free ride off a billionaire and brought my typewriter
And promised myself that I would stay, but
It's just not going the way that I thought
It's not that I feel different, and I don't mind that it's not hot
It's just that I belong to no one, which means there's only one place for me
The city not quite awake, the city not quite asleep
The city that's still deciding how good it can be

this is interesting because this was written two years ago, before she went to the midwest and before QFTC... so what brought her back there?

also keep in mind she frequently drives to san fran she stated that in one interview 

29 minutes ago, Sugar Venom said:

San Francisco by Scott McKenzie confirmed :oprah4: if you’re going to San Francisco be sure to wear some flowers in your hair :oprah4: the return of flower crown Lana :oprah4:

That's a beautiful song and he sings it very seductively, especially the outro. 

6 minutes ago, creditcardromancer said:

This next album needs to bang. We need OTTR we need WC we need HBTB we need the HITSSSSSS. 

when ldr9 is just her greatest hits album