Elle

LDR9 Speculation & Discussion Thread

Just now, plastiscguy said:

Jack haters LOST! 

I mean it kinda has my creative juices going :oop2:

Just now, Umaniac said:

Listened cult leader, big eyes, dealer, west coast back to back…then I stumbled across wild at heart…I do not miss jack 

…….I love jack but teaaaaaaaaaaaa

IM STRONGER THANgiphy.gifALL MY MEN...

2 minutes ago, blameitonme said:

jack looks like he's wearing pyjamas maybe she'll cover slumber party by britney spears? thoughts....thinking........

WE GOT THEM CANDLES HANGING, HANGING FROM THE CEILING LOW :dance:

I wonder what melody he'll re-use this time around, or what shitty piano track we'll get too :delish:

who do you guys want to produce if not Jack? 

i would so much rather have the guy who gave us MAC, VB, WD, COCC etc. over the LOSERS who produced crap like beautiful 

grandpa Rick is the only acceptable alternative but I lowkey doubt he will ever produce for her again in any meaningful capacity. Or it would be nice if she branched out and found someone totally new but I feel like she much prefers working with people she knows and considers friends at this point 

can we start the jack slander after we hear the actual music? i mean don't get me wrong as soon as i hear a piano key snippet i'm rioting but they might be doing something different

If this is for the next record, I'll go into it with an open mind, the same way I did with Chemtrails after NFR; it's not all that bad imho. I like a few key tracks like Venice Bitch, The greatest, White Dress, DBJAG, Wild at Heart & NAWWAL, and quite frankly I might be one of the few DTWD fans out there (and Violet had beautiful instrutation overall).

But I find Jack's input on Lana's music to be quite dull and uninteresting compared to other producers she's worked with. It just lacks seasoning & intensity. I know that's the sound Lana wants/wanted for her music, well it sucks. I wish she'd work with someone a bit more challenging. Making music isn't always rainbows & unicorns, sometimes great music comes out of tension & heated arguments. Jack doesn't seem to be challenging in any way whatsoever, a yes man if there ever was one.

22 minutes ago, Umaniac said:

Listened cult leader, big eyes, dealer, west coast back to back…then I stumbled across wild at heart…I do not miss jack 

Okay, I'm going to stop you right there. Wild at Heart might be different from her old songs (because it's a god-damned different genre) but that doesn't mean it's a bad song or that it deserves less love. It's a beautiful song, and I will not tolerate the disrespect! :read:

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

24 minutes ago, Umaniac said:

Then you hear WCE and Beautiful and think… maybe Jack’s not so bad. 

Jack back on production it’s like I’m seeing the light after the darkness Blue Banisters casted onto me. The only excellent Blue Banisters song that wasn’t an older song was Black Bathing Suit. The other 2020-2021 made songs were DUDS! Beautiful and Violets for Roses are 2 of the worst songs she ever created. Mike Dean Jack Antonoff come save us all .

qfrWuBl.png