Elle

LDR9 Speculation & Discussion Thread

11 minutes ago, ADDICTEDTOLANA said:

Can we just stop saying Jack has no range? He produced some songs on 1989 then he did reputation, lover, folklore for Taylors. Melodrama and solar Power for Lorde, he did production for St.Vincent and now Florence and The machine. These albums he worked on are so different. It’s probably the artists he works with that now ask for a smaller production. 

we mean he has no range when he produces with lana, but then again that’s her fault

26 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

I’m always a bit baffled when someone mentions LDR9 could be NFR 3.0, because I really don’t consider Chemtrails to be NFR 2.0… Granted, there is a bit of « minimalism » on some Norman songs, but the stripped down prod is really more proéminent on COCC… and on Norman, there’s the mellotron and California vibes that are totally absent on COCC.

anyways, I’m expecting a single by the end of summer. 

no literally… im a big fan of both nfr and cocc and they are extremely different to me. bb is also in its own lane. 

48 minutes ago, mlittle11 said:

i wonder why lana went back to jack after using different producers for bb?? i prefer the music shes worked on with jack in comparison to what was done on bb BUT i just want to know lanas thought process. 

nfr was her last successful album, liked by critics and listeners (at least on Spotify). so for me it's no wonder that she gives Jack a new try, maybe also her best chance for grammy ambitions...

45 minutes ago, bluechemtrails said:

nfr was her last successful album, liked by critics and listeners (at least on Spotify). so for me it's no wonder that she gives Jack a new try, maybe also her best chance for grammy ambitions...

im not sure if lana cares that much about getting a grammy

1 hour ago, mlittle11 said:

i wonder why lana went back to jack after using different producers for bb?? i prefer the music shes worked on with jack in comparison to what was done on bb BUT i just want to know lanas thought process. 

I guess scheduling issues and the pandemic. Chemtrails was recorded (at least the majority of it) during the NFR sessions but all the new BB stuff was written and recorded after 2020

giphy.gif

49 minutes ago, BartenderDeco said:

i would like to believe that’s never happening

55 minutes ago, Veinsineon said:

i would like to believe jack is only producing the Country x Nikki  project thing

that country project makes me nervous as fuck. I loved all of her projects so far and connected to them on various degrees (like everyone else I guess), but country is not the genre I prefer at all. I’m always shifting with this project : some days, I think it could sound okay or even good, and other days I really don’t want her to dwelve in that genre at all. It’s almost like a « cloud on the horizon », that damn country LP. I just hope she releases the covers alongside to « smoothen things up » if I don’t like the country part, and that she releases Hey Blue Baby. 

2 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

that country project makes me nervous as fuck. I loved all of her projects so far and connected to them on various degrees (like everyone else I guess), but country is not the genre I prefer at all. I’m always shifting with this project : some days, I think it could sound okay or even good, and other days I really don’t want her to dwelve in that genre at all. It’s almost like a « cloud on the horizon », that damn country LP. I just hope she releases the covers alongside to « smoothen things up » if I don’t like the country part, and that she releases Hey Blue Baby. 

THIS. i'll happily take another nfr but no country influences pls. i'm not a country fan at all and i just think lana should stick to it psychedelic rock/pop 

55-DE2-A0-B-B97-D-4347-B872-77-FA28787-E

miss born to lose

28 minutes ago, mlittle11 said:

im not sure if lana cares that much about getting a grammy

I don't think she should either. Grammys are a scam, award shows, in general, are a scam; they are popularity contest, plain and simple. 

1 hour ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

i think a lot of what country stems from is folk and not only that but a ton of may jailer / lizzy stuff has country undertones!!! itd be really exciting to hear the fully fleshed country sound we know she pulls off ie Hey Blue Baby / Prettiest Girl in Country Music or whatever lol

Just now, xxmissdaytonaxx said:

n e ways... enough j*ck discourse.. when are we gonna stop pretending that lustforlies is an actual "insider" :eek2:

i thought we all agreed that they weren't an actual insider and we just keep them around for the drama

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

2 minutes ago, Veinsineon said:

i think a lot of what country stems from is folk and not only that but a ton of may jailer / lizzy stuff has country undertones!!! itd be really exciting to hear the fully fleshed country sound we know she pulls off ie Hey Blue Baby / Prettiest Girl in Country Music or whatever lol

Agreed! Lana's take on a country album would be so gorgeous.

Just now, the ocean said:

i thought we all agreed that they weren't an actual insider and we just keep them around for the drama

oop that makes sense. i was away from LB for a bit after BB released so i figured everyone just changed up. :coffee:

55-DE2-A0-B-B97-D-4347-B872-77-FA28787-E

miss born to lose

10 minutes ago, xxmissdaytonaxx said:

n e ways... enough j*ck discourse.. when are we gonna stop pretending that lustforlies is an actual "insider" :eek2:

i mean they’ve gotten some stuff right… they’re definitely not that reliable but they’re funny and they say some stuff that actually ends up happening :et: