Elle

LDR9 Speculation & Discussion Thread

Dear Universe, please don't let LDR9 be a palatable and tame mainstream album that attracts casual listeners and TikTokers. Give us some truly risky and wild masterpieces. That's all I am asking for. :pray2: thanks

20230718-113117.gif

Honey, you make me feel I'm invincible

10 minutes ago, BlueINK said:

Dear Universe, please don't let LDR9 be a palatable and tame mainstream album that attracts casual listeners and TikTokers. Give us some truly risky and wild masterpieces. That's all I am asking for. :pray2: thanks

PLEASEEE, she's not going to release an album full of Watercolor Eyes

29 minutes ago, Summerain said:

omg what IS THIS?

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

4 minutes ago, Whore of Tropico said:

omg what IS THIS?

the song is called LA Who Am I (not to be confused with the poem LA Who Am I To Love You)

2 minutes ago, Whore of Tropico said:

No but hopefully also no NFR 2.0 (since she is working with Jack again) because that was palatable and mainstream too.

20230718-113117.gif

Honey, you make me feel I'm invincible

3 minutes ago, lanabanana11 said:

the song is called LA Who Am I (not to be confused with the poem LA Who Am I To Love You)

IS THAT REAL DEAL? or just a troll tho?

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

2 minutes ago, Whore of Tropico said:

IS THAT REAL DEAL? or just a troll tho?

this snippet is mad old. (i believe 2018) lmao PLEASE disregard…

signature.gif

"One gun on the table. Headshot if you're able..."

I wonder if we're getting a "proper" rollout this time. Chemtrails and BB were weird cause she announced them too early (and with fake dates) so everything she teased/released after that was confusing (up until the preorders of course).

Maybe she's attending the grammy's with Jack and we get a little red carpet interview :creepna:  

giphy.gif

Just now, Venice Peach said:

I wonder if we're getting a "proper" rollout this time. Chemtrails and BB were weird cause she announced them too early (and with fake dates) so everything she teased/released after that was confusing (up until the preorders of course).

Maybe she's attending the grammy's with Jack and we get a little red carpet interview :creepna:  

And she announces her new album “Diamonds Never Crack” is out in May and that the lead single “Don’t Care” is out friday

53 minutes ago, BartenderDeco said:

i highly doubt she said that, i think a fan just made that up

I don't think it's that unlikely. I also remember seeing more than one person claiming they heard it too and it's not like Lana would have said "well the next one is worse sorry" :hide:

giphy.gif

All I need is some daydreamy psychedelia or dream pop. See:

- Alison by Slowdive

- Milk by Sweet Trip 

- Holy Forest by Pinkshinyultrablast

- All I Wanna Do by The Beach Boys

- Thursday by Asobi Seksu 
- Long Season (live) by Fishmans

- Future Games by Fleetwood Mac 

less benzos and more psychedelics pls ms Lana 

sgopYhV.gif

Idk if this was talked about yet in here but this is the song Jack was singing to Lana in that tiktok

Spoiler

I am lowkey hoping this song is not inspiration for the next record.... Country Rock is the last thing I would ever want :judgingu:

Steam Community :: :: The Lindsay Lohan

1 minute ago, Lindsay Lohan said:

Idk if this was talked about yet in here but this is the song Jack was singing to Lana in that tiktok

Hide contents

I am lowkey hoping this song is not inspiration for the next record.... Country Rock is the last thing I would ever want :judgingu:

This song used to play in commercials for Chevy trucks much like the one Lana drives and is standing in front of in the TikTok :) Or maybe Lana is covering a Bob Segar song. Would love to hear her version of Night Moves!

Tumblr

also I don’t know if the album will be surf inspired but if it is, something like this would be AMAZING. I really implore people that want a surf album to listen to this because it’s one of my favorites! Not on Spotify unfortunately. I fully believe Jack and Lana could do this if they wanted to 

sgopYhV.gif

6 hours ago, blackestday89 said:

he could never create something original like wfwf. 

You don't have to lie to make a point.

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

Something that excites me for LDR9 is that she seems to be taking her time/refraining from giving out release dates. With COCC, she made remarks about feeling uncertain about its readiness for release, and I’m sure COVID played some part in that as well (I believe the COVID part was mentioned directly by Lana or Jack but someone correct me if wrong). 

Lana recently described NFR as being her best record, and I think she could very easily top it with LDR9 if she takes her time with Jack (assuming he’s the producer based on recent posts). I think she’s grown a lot as an artist since 2019, and I think her recently closing the chapter on getting “revenge” via telling her story on Blue Banisters has paved a really nice path for LDR9. 

I could see the record being relatively fun/lighthearted (almost how NFR and LFL were) and reflect the life she’s shared via her Honeymoon account, but we’ll see!

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

i believe y’all don’t like jack because y’all see other people not liking him….. :nails:

signature.gif

"One gun on the table. Headshot if you're able..."

2 minutes ago, keps2013 said:

i believe y’all don’t like jack because y’all see other people not liking him….. :nails:

It's one thing to not be a fan of his production style, but to STRETCH, REACH and LIE about him not creating something ORIGINAL with Lana? Oh, I will be calling you out. :stareney2:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating.