Elle

LDR9 Speculation & Discussion Thread

1 hour ago, Venice Peach said:

All we need is some nice drums. Someone call Tim Larcombe :beyonce:

PERIOD :gurl:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

13 minutes ago, xxmissdaytonaxx said:

t*ylor can stay far away from lana's music pls and thank you. no hate to ts but i just don't think they're similar. could be another dcma mess. :headache:

Cardigan and Wildest Dreams kind of remind of Lana. I could see them working well together. 

7 minutes ago, lustforlife said:

U guys are gross and deserves a full album of piano

Your husbands flaccid stinky feet are gross:sass:

Spoiler

Just kidding ofc:true::heart:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

38 minutes ago, blameitonme said:

how about a no instruments album? like it's just lana singing that's it 

so basically an album full of WCE :eyeroll3:

7 minutes ago, shadesofyosemite said:

“Grinch Troll Flaccid Body Swamp Monster” is giving Lizzy song title teas tbh

This is disturbingly accurate. Should we start a petition for it to leak? :dua:

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

55 minutes ago, DCooper said:

This is very important to remember I think. Lana is only a decade into what will likely be a very long and prolific career. It's truly wild how much music she's given us in that timeframe, and it's mindblowing how consistent she is. Some people like to hate on certain albums, but I'm sure most would agree that even the stuff you like less is still good music. In the future people will look back at all the different sounds she explored and be grateful for them, but some people can't appreciate it all in the present. The story she tells with each album and the way they all subtly build on one another and explore different parts of herself and life in general is really beautiful. Lana really is more of a storyteller than a pop artist, and what she's doing is incredible.

The only thing I don't agree with is that "she tells a story with each album." Many people here say this, and I believe everyone when they say they perceive one, but I have never seen a story on her albums, even loosely, only a set of moods and attitudes, some which blend into one another, and some that don't. 

For example, on UV, the singer of 'CW,' 'FMWUTTT,' and 'MPG,' if in fact the same persona, doesn't seem to be the person or persona singing 'Old Money'--not even close--nor the persona singing the title track. As I see it, none of the personas present seem to be singing 'West Coast.' 'Brooklyn Baby' presents another persona altogether, as I see it. 

So I always see Lana's albums as a set of moods that mesh or don't, and may, in some cases, be intended not to mesh. 

Honestly the only reason why i dont want a Taylor Swift collab is the same for anyone else: Lana is absolutely not an artist who can collab to any artists. It really depends on the art itself. But for most of the time, i always prefer Lana singing her stuff only by herself, it's like her music is her own genre, it's like a sacred holy ground. 

But with that said, i think the same for Taylor Swift, i never liked any of her "collab songs" (well, at least until folklore/evermore). But if they're about for a collab, it's actually not that bad because the thing is - Taylor's mainstream acttraction can help Lana at some sort of aspects. I know she doesnt care about the numbers but damn, it's still a good thing & our girl is still getting that coin so why not? 

Spoiler

as long as it doesnt give Dont Call Me Angel nightmare, which i think it wont be the case since they both mastered the art of making real good music in this  industry nowadays

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

and please, no Taylor slander here, she is an artist who deserves respect, even if you like her or not.

Personally, i'm not vibing with her music as much as i am with Lana, but i still cant wrap my head around the fact that there are still people talking down about her as if she's some shallow mainstream pop star while the girl has literally proved she's one of the greatest songwriters of the generation & the main force of the music industry.

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

I wouldn’t mind a Taylor collab as long as it’s not on the album (or if it’s on Taylor’s own album). I started appreciating her music more with folklore and wouldn’t mind a song like august, this is me trying, or mirrorball (which I’m pretty sure are all produced by or partly by Jack lol) 

sgopYhV.gif

Just now, Crimson and Clover said:

I wouldn’t mind a Taylor collab as long as it’s not on the album (or if it’s on Taylor’s own album). I started appreciating her music more with folklore and wouldn’t mind a song like august, this is me trying, or mirrorball (which I’m pretty sure are all produced by or partly by Jack lol) 

august & this is me trying tho - GOD TIER of her career honestly

and if i might add: the lakes, cowboy like me & that bitch happiness, i really want Lana to do something like happiness for sure