Elle

LDR9 Speculation & Discussion Thread

5 minutes ago, Umaniac said:

I’m sorry but sweet Caroline is nowhere near a great gif or a good closer. And while I do think this album is something special and exciting I can’t trust jack or drew. Also her having fun doesn’t mean that the album is going to be good. I mean she said her and Dan fought the whole time during uv but look where it took us (I am not hoping this for her during making a record tho don’t get me wrong). 

Sweet Carolina is a pretty good song. I think it adds something new to her discography. She sings about a new topic and her vocals at certain parts are pretty different from what we are used to hearing from her. That said I don’t think we need an album full of them. 

Rob’s favourite song is Florida Kilos. Based on that alone, I trust his use of the word epic to be true to its definition lol. I imagine something beautiful and cinematic and ornately-structured,  especially with Drew’s orchestral arrangements in the picture. I’d love for sweeping strings in the vein of Honeymoon <3 

Sweet Carolina is really great, sorry! 

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

3 minutes ago, Umaniac said:

I’m sorry but sweet Caroline is nowhere near a great gif or a good closer. And while I do think this album is something special and exciting I can’t trust jack or drew. Also her having fun doesn’t mean that the album is going to be good. I mean she said her and Dan fought the whole time during uv but look where it took us (I am not hoping this for her during making a record tho don’t get me wrong). 

listen to the album and you'll understand why sweet carolina is that bitch - literally sums up the whole album's themes perfectly.

her and dan did fight and clashing in ideas still makes good shit too - which eventually lead her to decide on the album's sound based on cruel world alone so

i just used nfr as an example because...well look at her!

6 minutes ago, avenue said:

elaborate

wild at heart's how to disappear sample

oh also @Selfloathinpoet i saw your post and then forgot to say something :bebe:

i know lana directly acknowledged working on new music for the first time during this era (i’m not sure where though)

rob also posted something on twitter with the caption “epic moment” or “epic music” (i can’t remember which one :bebe:)

plus more jack + drew arguments

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

im skeptical of rob using the word “epic” just bc he loves lana so much n im sure being involved in her music is very exciting for him no matter what it sounds like. 

HOWEVER, i know rob has taste. i just dont want more sweet carolinas. its beautiful n sweet but it shouldnt be replicated. i want a fresh sound :bop:

delusional manifesting post

Spoiler

david lachappelle or neil krug photoshoot

promotion

harpsichords

lengthy non-piano instrumental sections 

angry vocals 

black hair

jack & drew only have mixing & mastering roles and lana has a larger hand in the production 

no picasso references

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

10 minutes ago, BartenderDeco said:

i think rob called watercolor eyes ethereal one time or something

I don't remember him mentioning Watercolor Eyes at all.

Edit: He did share an article that called the track ethereal, but that's not his words.

Do we think it's time for Lana or Rob to post a snippet so that we can get a little bit of an idea what epic in Robs world means:dua:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

Who said Rob was working on Lana's music :oprah3: Inb4 the RG1 pre-release thread 

imageproxy.jpg

it would be great for me if ldr 9 sounds like buddys rendesvouz, yosemite or wfwf.

I would be satisfied with a sound like thunder, bbs, cocc

but i fear that there will be more songs like beautiful, sweet carolina and lmlylaw.

let's be realistic. nothing indicates that ldr 9 will be epic, cinematic or bombastic.

if mike dean and rick's participation is confirmed there will be hope again

its not simple its trigonometry on We Heart It

Idk the half second of guitar in that Drew video gave me hope :trisha:  but we will probably  get piano but lemme be delulu until the harsh reality will wake me up:trisha:

Spoiler

:trisha:

Spoiler

Epic

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2: