Elle

LDR9 Speculation & Discussion Thread

I lowkey want her to give away some sort of snippet of a new song, but on the other hand she tends to ruin the damn song in the mastering (cinnamon girl car snippet, how to disappear from livestream in the studio that there were watching baseball or sth).

here’s my opinion in case you’re interested:

Spoiler

I get the fact that by now she can do whatever she wants in her music because it’s been like a decade she’s in the business, but at least she could get some insight from the producer and stick with it. I think Jack has pretty solid ideas and production wise they can be heard both in NFR and COCC, but still something seems to be incomplete or pretty much simplified. Blue banisters was more going back to classic Lana, with a good vocal delivery but uninteresting production, without meaning to say there’re not shiny moments. I get the fact she’s a songwriter/singer but in my opinion ( as a guy who works in art in some way ) she need to deliver her either inspiration or the aesthetics of the era a bit more vivid rather than just because jack wrote a guitar chord progression reminiscent of folk to call her effort folky. I don’t know if you get why I mean.

apart from that I would to see some challenge in the lyrics this time around. I would like her to get more political this time, but in a more structured way and not in theory

[Hold me, love me, touch me, lanadel.gif

honey, be the first who ever did]

1 hour ago, COCC said:

She has two references:eartha2:

Do you also think she had a deal for the words Cherry Coke and Mountain Dew? Maybe with Elton John for the candle in the wind line? :hide:

It actually makes sense how she used the Ipad in Hope and Iphone in Sweet Carolina, so it's not just a name dropping :erm:

No…. I was just voicing a thought I had about it earlier. Like hasnt she performed for them twice? And they’ve used her songs in promo b4- I think I recall them showing like one of her songs on Apple Music for some product, and now we have these two sliiiightly jarring moments in her songs where she mentions Apple products.

for the record, the iPhone11 line is a classique even though when I first heard the song I was like what the fuck… catch me screaming those lyrics now

i think it’s something worth thinking about rather than dismissing. Her having a deal w/ Apple is not far fetched at allllllll.

edit: counter point- her using iPad & iPhone 11 in her lyrics could just be a little nod to (or showing appreciation for) Apple’s support they’ve shown her & her music

gLoD.gif

gLoH.gif :beyonce:

1 hour ago, COCC said:

She has two references:eartha2:

Do you also think she had a deal for the words Cherry Coke and Mountain Dew? Maybe with Elton John for the candle in the wind line? :hide:

It actually makes sense how she used the Ipad in Hope and Iphone in Sweet Carolina, so it's not just a name dropping :erm:

Cherry Coke & Mountain Dew no, As for the candle in the wind line I doubt Elton would do anything. He probably loves Lana.

IMG-3521.jpg

8 minutes ago, Pale Fire said:

Her having a deal w/ Apple is not far fetched at allllllll.

There was no shade intended in my reply :kiss2: I mean who knows! Maybe it‘s a hint that she‘s replacing Tim Cook. Electrosmog over Silicon Valley out June 1 :oprah4:

8 minutes ago, COCC said:

There was no shade intended in my reply :kiss2: I mean who knows! Maybe it‘s a hint that she‘s replacing Tim Cook. Electrosmog over Silicon Valley out June 1 :oprah4:

as much as “she” tortures the graphic designer in me, she’d still probably do a better job than tim cook is right now tbh

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

21 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

i do contain multitudes :oopna2: :whatever2:

that's why I appreciate you; your LanaBoards commentary is your legacy :smile4:

1 hour ago, West Coast said:

Lana fans: Ugh Lana not reworking her songs is soooo lazy!!!1!

Also Lana fans: She ruined Thunder, the demo was so much better!!!1!

:yawn:

I think her reworking thunder and not the other three was the biggest let down for me. I love BB’s thunder and it fit the album perfectly, and then all the other leaked songs not being reworked really throws that last quarter of the album off for me 

"Don’t forget me"

I get that everyone processes music differently but ever since NFR her music’s definitely shifted, and how u listen to it’s more of in importance to it. Have some of u even truly tried to comprehend the POWER of the records and what she’s actually been sharing thru it? 

It’s been incredible if u actually try to understand it a lot more fuller  

UV/Honeymoon

17 minutes ago, Diamantes said:

I get that everyone processes music differently but ever since NFR her music’s definitely shifted, and how u listen to it’s more of in importance to it. Have some of u even truly tried to comprehend the POWER of the records and what she’s actually been sharing thru it? 

It’s been incredible if u actually try to understand it a lot more fuller  

i have tried to understand it and that’s why i only dislike them and not hate them :true:

i’ve said this multiple times but the lyrics & melody are solid it’s the production that’s bad and it dampens the albums

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

nearly 400 pages of false hope. Keep going gorls

Edited by Whore of Tropico

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

1 hour ago, Pat Bathing Suit said:

tends to ruin the damn song in the mastering (cinnamon girl car snippet,

tbh i don’t think this is a mastering issue, she just had her bass all the way up in her car 

LORN - ANVIL [Official Music Video] GIF | Gfycat 

16 minutes ago, avenue said:

i have tried to understand it and that’s why i only dislike them and not hate them :true:

i’ve said this multiple times but the lyrics & melody are solid it’s the production that’s bad and it dampens the albums

Nfr atmospheric cocc atmospheric and bb atmospheric are all different kinds and each blends the meaning in perfectly in their respective sounds. 

its cool if ur not there yet

UV/Honeymoon

I have to say I find her lyrical style lately very standard form for her in terms of writing-take this as an example of what we could get: 

My dad bought me a guitar 

I laughed in the backyard 

Burnt my skin on cinder drops 

laughing while dying 

considerate but crying 

my mother came in like chaos 

oh I remember those days 

Chuck and my chickens 

Charlie and his kittens 

my ass on the countertop 

I’m a girl in the choir but I never grow tired 

dropping acid in bedrooms 

oh my I cannot stop 

mmm

mmmm

mmmmm

yeah I couldn’t stop 

mmm

ooooooooo 

I COULDNT STOP

1 minute ago, evalionisameme said:

I have to say I find her lyrical style lately very standard form for her in terms of writing-take this as an example of what we could get: 

My dad bought me a guitar 

I laughed in the backyard 

Burnt my skin on cinder drops 

laughing while dying 

considerate but crying 

my mother came in like chaos 

oh I remember those days 

Chuck and my chickens 

Charlie and his kittens 

my ass on the countertop 

I’m a girl in the choir but I never grow tired 

dropping acid in bedrooms 

oh my I cannot stop 

mmm

mmmm

mmmmm

yeah I couldn’t stop 

mmm

ooooooooo 

I COULDNT STOP

it’s honestly kind of annoying how she keeps name dropping in her songs, like this isn’t question for the culture