Elle

LDR9 Speculation & Discussion Thread

3 minutes ago, DragonWhore said:

Who said beachy vibe? Beachy waves are NOT a vibe. 

Hide contents

Jk it’s very beachy, but this time cold foggy Northern California beach vibes. 

@DragonWhore If you had to compare a song you’ve heard to a past Lana song which song would you compare it to?:um2:

Tumblr

22 minutes ago, mlittle11 said:

and cocc :toofunny: … n not really. if i can understand the song immediately almost to its full depth on the first listen, im not having to really think about it. its too easy. lana is an amazing writer and such an intellectual. i just wish she would try a little harder with her lyrics. 

even Interlude - The Trio is proof that whatever Lana writes is bible worthy :oprah3:

9 minutes ago, DragonWhore said:

Hide contents

I really hope you're legit because cold foggy Northern California beach vibes is a literal dream :legend:

i never said lana’s recent writing is bad :oprah3: just that (FOR THE MOST PART) it lacks complexity and mystery. im tired of the on the nose writing. its was cute while it lasted but im ready for something new. :nails:

BUT ANYWAYS i would love a beach vibe from lana. more “fuck it i love you” type songs wouldnt hurt :yesnod:

8 minutes ago, JFKs Fine China said:

@DragonWhore If you had to compare a song you’ve heard to a past Lana song which song would you compare it to?:um2:

somewhere in between Mariners/Venice betch and Wildflower. 

4 minutes ago, DCooper said:

I really hope you're legit because cold foggy Northern California beach vibes is a literal dream :legend:

Imagine Golden Gate Bridge, fog, 60s acid and marijuana farms on the Mendocino Coast. 

1 minute ago, DragonWhore said:

somewhere in between Mariners/Venice betch and Wildflower. 

Imagine Golden Gate Bridge, fog, 60s acid and marijuana farms on the Mendocino Coast. 

Wowowow  :crying:

If you're a fake insider, atleast you're giving us good fake news. And if you're telling the truth, we're in for something incredible. This sounds like my prediction a couple weeks ago that this album would build upon the anxieties touched upon in NFR, with a similar but more troubling sound. Dreamy and breezy on the surface, with nightmares looming below. 

I get why people like the more direct diary entry type lyrics but I'll just never be one of those people. I think songs like Heroin or Off to the Races or w/e are far more interesting than a song like Blue Banisters. And songs like Beautiful are just bad lyrically. It's like she just wanted to send a message but doesn't care if it sounds good or not (her having to rush pronouncing "Picasso" to fit it in... horrible). It goes along with her whole vocals done in one take / obsession with stripping back instrumentals thing she has going on. Stripped back piano with out of tune vocals and very direct lyrics don't make the music more honest or real, it just makes uninteresting while sounding bad. She can be honest while sounding good, not being too on the nose and having some grander production. We've all heard it before.

qfrWuBl.png

38 minutes ago, DragonWhore said:

Reveal hidden contents

Northern California is like borderline northwest, which is where I grew up, so it'd be really cool if she made a soundscape that embodies the landscape and scenery of the NW/N Cali :oop:

Thinking luscious fir's, freezing beaches, cloudy skies, fog, rain, all these vibes :oprah3: Of course thats closer to NW but that'd be dope af. Remember that one fake song title Sequoia and Kings? would fit the vibe yea Ys2cxm7.gif

Y0jLcfB.gif.˚₊‧.༻𓆩❤︎𓆪 My love's pourin' 𓆩‪‪❤︎𓆪༺.‧₊˚. yxuiMLe.gif
34h2wyS.gif

°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||Like a waterfall.||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||

1:32━━━━━♡────2:42

⇆ | ◁◁ ▐ ▌ ▷▷ | ↺

Just now, IanadeIrey said:

NorCal reminds me so much of the Canadian west coast (which is where I’m from) so whether legit or not, I will gladly await an album in that vein! :smile:

Our twin serve o2xdO2o.gif lets perform a witch ritual to manifest

s2nzEJK.gif

Y0jLcfB.gif.˚₊‧.༻𓆩❤︎𓆪 My love's pourin' 𓆩‪‪❤︎𓆪༺.‧₊˚. yxuiMLe.gif
34h2wyS.gif

°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||Like a waterfall.||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||

1:32━━━━━♡────2:42

⇆ | ◁◁ ▐ ▌ ▷▷ | ↺

NFR was very Cali-Laurel Canyon and has that big « end of the world » feeling at the end of the record. 
the next two are about living in that end of the world and thinking about the past and your career.

now imagine if LDR9 is really about Nor-Cal/ let’s live in this « new world » with a sorta « looming menace » over it :godlaugh:

@DragonWhore I dreamt about the album a lot actually and i always see it has at least 20 tracks (if that's the case then this will be her longest album to date)

So... can you spill a little bit about the tracklisting-wise - how many songs are there, what's the possible length of the album, how many tracks most likely the album has?

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

i dont really think her lyrics nosedived

songs like Beautiful are straight up bad lyrically, but i feel most of COCC and a handful of songs on BB are still written in the same style as her previous records

the real villains here are Drew Erickson & Zach Dawes if you ask me

Drew is a one-trick-pony - all his production sounds kinda samey, and its not like hes a good producer anyway. he should stick to writing orchestral arrangements and have another producer do the majority of the work 

Then we have Zach who appears to have no direction or vision? Text Book is a great song, but I still dont know wtf is going on in that instrumental, same goes for Black Bathing Suit. It's pure chaos, but not in a unhinged way I could enjoy.

Now these 2 combined make for a terrible record which manages to sound over- and underproduced at the same time. It's all over the place and incohesive

I truly hope Jack is doing main production w/ Drew providing arrangements. Jack's got the production skills and Drew can provide good arrangements like he did for IYLDW or FJM's recent album.

In an ideal world, she would work with someone else or go back to Rick, but we kniw that aint happening.

As for Zach and Mike Dean, I hope theyre both out of the picture

image.png