Elle

LDR9 Speculation & Discussion Thread

4 minutes ago, yourolllikethunder said:

every new post of Rob’s getting me so hyped… he’s the ultimate insider :crai:

not related but the way your profile pic looks like it's Gabbie Hanna in the picture but it's just Sabrina actually :pout:

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

THs30Le.jpg

I take insider info with a very tiny grain of salt, but here’s the general vibe I’m getting based off the descriptions we’ve heard so far mostly because I’m bored lol (hazy, north Cali, dreamy, psychedelic, beachy, similar to BR/MAC/VB/WFWF)

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

1 hour ago, DragonWhore said:

somewhere in between Mariners/Venice betch and Wildflower. 

Imagine Golden Gate Bridge, fog, 60s acid and marijuana farms on the Mendocino Coast. 

…if you’re a fake insider…count your days..

sgopYhV.gif

I absolutely don’t understand the narrative of “if you don’t like her new albums; it’s just because you don’t get it” it’s a very weak excuse. I related less to Born To Die at 17 than I do with Blue Banisters at 27. 

I absolutely get the feelings and emotions on the albums, there’re just not all for me. 

"Don’t forget me"

5 minutes ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

THs30Le.jpg

I take insider info with a very tiny grain of salt, but here’s the general vibe I’m getting based off the descriptions we’ve heard so far mostly because I’m bored lol (hazy, north Cali, dreamy, psychedelic, beachy, similar to BR/MAC/VB/WFWF)

it's def her flower power era methinks.....she's going to go full hippie no half steps like lfl

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/59/40/90/5940903240da03ab6f8c1a9c79a31773.jpg

2 minutes ago, DragonWhore said:

Sis why would I be lying lol 

Why would we believe you tho? Nothing against you in particular but every description has been so vague. I can also say something like "NFR vibes mixed with HM" and somehow get it kinda right :thumb2:

I stand by what I said before, nobody (except her close team and the producers) know anything about the album at this point. Even BOZ (who is the most reliable Lana insider) only gets things close to release and I don't think Lana is sending everything she does daily to the label (which is the point where info could be leaked to insiders)

giphy.gif

10 minutes ago, Niko Dealergo said:

I absolutely don’t understand the narrative of “if you don’t like her new albums; it’s just because you don’t get it” it’s a very weak excuse. I related less to Born To Die at 17 than I do with Blue Banisters at 27. 

I absolutely get the feelings and emotions on the albums, there’re just not all for me. 

I think it means you should be aware that there are people, who get into it and enjoy it, so the album doesn't have to be as bad as you think (just bad for yourself).

4 minutes ago, DragonWhore said:

Well I can’t tell you who I am, but let’s just say I am very close to certain people who know certain things. 

me on omegle in middle school pretending to be an undercover celeb

small-sq-lana-del-rey-ultraviolence.gife4d193ad6825522455102e1518efe3d6835b52da

7 minutes ago, DragonWhore said:

Well I can’t tell you who I am, but let’s just say I am very close to certain people who know certain things. 

give us a song acronym.. a lyric acronym… we deserve a little bit of fun:godlaugh:

BE4-BF75-D-1-C25-4-A49-AE3-E-558-FB954-A

This is more an ongoing mental convo I have with myself and not remotely directed at anyone, but I feel like it’s probably relevant for this thread lol: 

Something I have to remind myself is that music taste (art in general, really) is 100% subjective, and that doesn’t even include how different the interpretation of a song’s intended purpose can be. 

One person may view a spur-of-the-moment artistic choice as sloppy, while someone else may find it natural and raw. Lyrics that seem profound to one may seem pretentious to another, and lyrics that seem immature to one user may feel honest and concise to a different one. 

We can talk about music with superficially placed standards (originality, adherence to societally deemed “good writing,” etc.), but whether someone likes or relates to it is largely out of one’s control. Disagreeing with an opinion is 100% ok, but asserting one’s own opinion as a fact of reality isn’t really fair or even sensible, really. 

We (hopefully) wouldn’t shame someone for loving/not liking a certain smell because its perception is subjective, so let’s have thoughtful convos about Lana’s lyricism, production, etc. without tearing others down :)

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

1 minute ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

This is more an ongoing mental convo I have with myself and not remotely directed at anyone, but I feel like it’s probably relevant for this thread lol: 

Something I have to remind myself is that music taste (art in general, really) is 100% subjective, and that doesn’t even include how different the interpretation of a song’s intended purpose can be. 

One person may view a spur-of-the-moment artistic choice as sloppy, while someone else may find it natural and raw. Lyrics that seem profound to one may seem pretentious to another, and lyrics that seem immature to one user may feel honest and concise to a different one. 

We can talk about music with superficially placed standards (originality, adherence to societally deemed “good writing,” etc.), but whether someone likes or relates to it is largely out of one’s control. Disagreeing with an opinion is 100% ok, but asserting one’s own opinion as a fact of reality isn’t really fair or even sensible, really. 

We (hopefully) wouldn’t shame someone for loving/not liking a certain smell because its perception is subjective, so let’s have thoughtful convos about Lana’s lyricism, production, etc. without tearing others down :)

tl;dr - i hate coachella but that doesn't give me the right to hate people that like coachella

because it's subjective :true: (and also rude)

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif