Elle

LDR9 Speculation & Discussion Thread

Oh god, we don't need another LFL. One was enough :awkney:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

2 minutes ago, Thunder said:

Oh god, we don't need another LFL. One was enough :awkney:

I‘m crying while I‘m cummin‘

Sometimes I want these lyrics back instead of doing the laundry and washing my hair :bebe:

Just now, COCC said:

Sometimes I want these lyrics back instead of doing the laundry and washing my hair :bebe:

no and no 

LFL has amazing songs but almost half of it is filler, thoughtless crap like In My Feelings or cheaply produced trap garbage like Coachella. But I guess I would take another one if people would stop crying about wanting Rick and the old lana back for two minutes

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

2 minutes ago, COCC said:

Excuse me the washing my hair, doing the laundry moment is a highlight of COCC :cryney2:

3 minutes ago, Thunder said:

no and no 

LFL has amazing songs but almost half of it is filler, thoughtless crap like In My Feelings or cheaply produced trap garbage like Coachella. But I guess I would take another one if people would stop crying about wanting Rick and the old lana back for two minutes

2 minutes ago, DCooper said:

Excuse me the washing my hair, doing the laundry moment is a highlight of COCC :cryney2:

exactly.gif

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

3 minutes ago, DCooper said:

I know and I love it, but that‘s why I said sometimes. Just when I want to shake things up a bit :cryney2:

Flying to the moon again, dreaming about heroin :dance:

2 minutes ago, COCC said:

I know and I love it, but that‘s why I said sometimes. Just when I want to shake things up a bit :cryney2:

Flying to the moon again, dreaming about heroin :dance:

LOL true and I adore LFL so I don't disagree there :kiss:

lfl's a pretty decent anthology of her work at that time it's kinda weird cus she said it was for the fans which is ironic cus apparently everyone likes to well shit on it i don't think it's all that deep, it's a nice album w some deeper concepts that she sung from a more removed? sounding space but it just makes the record the perfect nostalgia trip when u wanna enjoy her career. i think everyone's just complaining bc we're used to cohesion but the motive of the record was for us to enjoy it, so i treat it like an anthology. and it's a good one 

i do wish we got a part 2, or a b-sides to it with some demos like the title track and other stuff that we can pair it up with. like another side to the record/ a preface 

UV/Honeymoon

Manifesting a mix between Coachella and Let Me Love You Like A Woman :angie:

Spoiler

Just to watch the stans lose their mind :oic2:

Spoiler

I‘m in my problematic era

Spoiler

Gimme crying while cummin‘ lyrics :candy:

20 minutes ago, COCC said:

Hide contents

Hide contents

Hide contents

i want this just so i can obsessively hate on a song that’s not coachella

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

24 minutes ago, COCC said:

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

dm me ur address i wanna talk

BB1190-1ymsp8dPaGIKLA.jpg

image.png

I hope LDR9 is a short EP and every song has the distinctive sound of all of her past albums with no cohesiveness at all so all of this nonsense and daily fights about the same topic end :ma:

Spoiler

And they're all somehow random features with Lana singing only 30% with her one take vocals :ma: 

Spoiler

And they're only available in vinyl, no streaming

Spoiler

And they all have that annoying clipping sound

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

34 minutes ago, COCC said:

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

Add Nikki Lane and Sean Lennon ( and maybe Yoko) and I’m in

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/59/40/90/5940903240da03ab6f8c1a9c79a31773.jpg

2 minutes ago, plastiscguy said:

I hope LDR9 is a short EP and every song has the distinctive sound of all of her past albums with no cohesiveness at all so all of this nonsense and daily fights about the same topic end :ma:

Hide contents

And they're all somehow random features with Lana singing only 30% with her one take vocals :ma: 

Hide contents

And they're only available in vinyl, no streaming

Hide contents

And they all have that annoying clipping sound

And she mentions Nikki Lane in every song :teehee:

2 hours ago, avenue said:

comparing her best album (godneymoon) to her worst album (lust for flop) and saying that LFL is worse than HM

worms

HM has this weird vibe. It's so dreamy and stuff but it requires this certain mindset to be able to sit through it.

It leaves you hot, and anxious...idk why

:blush3: LFL is beautiful though (except for Summer Boomer).. 

If only she had better production on songs like IMF

Not people still hating on Lfl. Boring. Me and a few smart sexy people on here are already stanning LfL again ( as everyone did when it leaked….only a month later did the narrative that LfL was bad start to spread and bc people on here are sheep it’s repeated ad nauseum now.) we’re already ahead of the curve. Just watch and wait. Lfl will join HM in a few years as a magnus opus and I will have been ahead of the trend.  Also @PatentLeatherDoOver i know I’ve owed my essay on lfl for like 3 years at this point, and it’s true I haven’t started it at all, but I will eventually write it I promise.

now, why am I talking about this in this forum? Because ldr9 will almost certainly be a transitional album like lfl was. Lana does trilogies ( BTD, UV,HM) (NFR CC BB). Lust for life was a necessary filler/ cornerstone to make NFR fit with the earlier works. This is all a long saga Lana is singing and every bit is important and necessary for the entire discography even if some shine brighter than others ( sirens, HM)

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/59/40/90/5940903240da03ab6f8c1a9c79a31773.jpg

I've been thinking about the polaroids and what if each one (or each session) represents a song or part of the album? Kinda like what Florence is doing with the tarot cards. @Niko Dealergo already mentioned it in the IG thread but the more I look at them, the more plausible it seems (or the more delulu I get I guess :thumb3:).

Each one of them has a very different feeling and look to it. 

1. The DNC photoshoot. There's like 15 of them and it features the famous and mysterious jacket. I bet we are getting DNC's cover from here (if it even exists as a title). It's giving NFR beachy vibes. This has lead single or title track energy.

gdwE7l5.jpg

2. The flannel. What were they filming? I bet it's random footage of the landscape to include it in a MV for aesthetics. It's giving folk and Chemtrails. It has "this is my favourite song from the record" energy.

09vy6iQ.jpg

3. The witch. Maybe it's just the long dark hair and dress but (as we all said) it looks really similar to the Neil LFL photoshoot. It's giving dark and witchy vibes. This has sultry/slutty/ bop energy. It's the Cherry/Cinnamon Girl/TJF from the album.

sDa2WzD.jpg

We know that Lana loves polaroids but there's something different about this ones. She usually just posts selfies or whatever taken on the spot with her iPhone so why are Chuck and her running barefeet around with a Polaroid camera all of a sudden? :brows:. They don't even look like they are from the same day (unless she changed the flannel for a dress just to take different photos, just like you would do in a photoshoot :creepna:). They are probably from some time ago and she posted them now cause the album is getting closer :true:

Spoiler

I know it could be just for fun and Chuck is literally a photographer so it makes sense that she takes polaroids but please let me be delusional for a while :hide:

giphy.gif

We don't need another LFL because we don't need another of any of Lana's albums :oprah3: However, if she wanted to tap back into that witchy, retro-futurism vibe that she explored a bit with early LFL but never fully went into, I'd be here for that 

imageproxy.jpg