Elle

LDR9 Speculation & Discussion Thread

3 hours ago, DragonWhore said:

I’m here hunny, don’t worry. I’ve just been a bit busy running with the wolves (music producers) and have lots to share but at this time I’m not able to do so. BUT I PROMISE, “bombastic” is a great way to describe what’s coming. 

Still looking like early summer, and still Northern California redwood cult vibes coming. default_thumb2.jpg

3 hours ago, COCC said:

Omg Rob snapped hard on Instagram :oprah4: Copying the caption:

Now that Doja Cat, Ariana, Camila, Cardi B, Kehlani and Nicki Minaj and Beyoncé have had number ones with songs about being sexy, wearing no clothes, fucking, cheating etc - can I please go back to playing the piano, flipping off Kevin and telling my daughter I‘ll always be closer than her next breath -or whatever I want- without being crucified or saying I‘m glamorizing pianoflops??????

I'm fed up with NFR haters and Charli XCX stans saying that I glamorize piano songs when in reality I'm just a family person singing about baby blues, lilac iPhones and the Kevins all around the world.

With all of the topics old white men are finally allowed to explore I just want to say over the last year I think it’s pathetic that my minor piano explorations detailing my sometimes submissive or passive roles in Lana‘s song production has often made people say I’ve set Lanas records back hundreds of years.

Let this be clear, I’m not not a electric guitar lover -but there has to be a place in music for fathers who look and act like me - the kind of fathers who says „don‘t sing about Patty“ but his daughter hears „sing about Patty“ - the kind of fathers who are slated mercilessly for enjoying fishing, chasing storms, the kind of fathers who get their own instruments taken away from them by stronger producers.

I’ve been honest and optimistic about the  challenging song productions I’ve had.

News flash! That’s just how it is for many piano loving fathers.

And that was sadly my experience up until the point that Blue Banisters and LDR 9 were made. So I just want to say it’s been a long year of bullshit reviews up until recently and I’ve learned a lot from them.

but I also feel it really paved the way for other fathers to stop ‘making fast bops’ and just be able to do whatever the hell they wanted to in their daughters music- unlike my experience where if I even played one single piano note in Sweet Carolina I was deemed literally hysterical as though it was literally the 2010s.

Anyways none of this has anything to do about much but I’ll be dealing some of my feelings in my next two books of poetry (mostly the second one called Dread Shrimp Angler) with Simon and Schuster. And I’m sure there will be tinges of what I’ve been pondering in Lana‘s new album that comes out in June.

Thanks for reading

Happy quarantining

King Shit

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/59/40/90/5940903240da03ab6f8c1a9c79a31773.jpg

46 minutes ago, Pat Bathing Suit said:

In my delulu mind, I would like to see @plastiscguy being involved in the record or in the orchestration of an upcoming (?) tour, cause last time he did the Arcadia world tour thing, got me fire burnt af. 

Lana should hire me, I'd work for free :heidi:

Spoiler

Unless she wants to pay me with unreleased songs :dua:

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

53 minutes ago, Whore of Tropico said:

i dunno i saw so many people said in the ig thread that they'd love this selfie if its the cover art

I wouldn’t be against it at all… I love a good professional cover but if she chose that selfie as the cover, I’d be here for it. Besides, nothing could be as ugly as the triple release Picsart selfie last year :toofunny:

1 hour ago, Whore of Tropico said:

someone said that they'd love this selfie to be the album artwork so i made a concept like this:

DEATH NEVER CAME IN DEL NORTE COUNTY

UDOKaEt.jpg

aJytWfE.jpg

Tracklist

01. Death Never Came

02. Liz, I'm Calling from California

03. Rock Candy Sweet

04. Loved You Then & Now

05. Holly-stay-weird

06. Lemonade "Dance for Money" remake / sampled

07. Wife Widow Witch Whore Woman

08. Leaving California

09. Del Norte County Intermission (Interlude)

10. Vacant Paradise

11. Bye Bye Vultures (Feed the Culture)

12. At Peace, At Last

13. Never Too Late To Stay In My Bed

14. Narda De Noche (with ROSALÍA) aka "Night Swim" - in her Lanita forme ofc

15. Holiday On The Moon

16. Forever - My Sun Chaser

I like this very much!

1 hour ago, DeadSeaOfMercury said:

This is the album cover:

2066-70-lightblue_0e38026d-498a-45d9-8dc

fuck yes, her Ichiko Aoba era, it's giving Rana Deru Rei

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

2 hours ago, Whore of Tropico said:

someone said that they'd love this selfie to be the album artwork so i made a concept like this:

DEATH NEVER CAME IN DEL NORTE COUNTY

UDOKaEt.jpg

aJytWfE.jpg

Tracklist

01. Death Never Came

02. Liz, I'm Calling from California

03. Rock Candy Sweet

04. Loved You Then & Now

05. Holly-stay-weird

06. Lemonade "Dance for Money" remake / sampled

07. Wife Widow Witch Whore Woman

08. Leaving California

09. Del Norte County Intermission (Interlude)

10. Vacant Paradise

11. Bye Bye Vultures (Feed the Culture)

12. At Peace, At Last

13. Never Too Late To Stay In My Bed

14. Narda De Noche (with ROSALÍA) aka "Night Swim" - in her Lanita forme ofc

15. Holiday On The Moon

16. Forever - My Sun Chaser

This is great!!!!

I know she will never do this but...

She should just pull a Jim Morrison (without the tragic ending) and move to Paris and come up with a new outlook on her music and poetry. As much as I enjoyed her last three albums, feels like her artistic tendencies are on a route to repetition and living in LA doesn't seem to help either. These are just the ramblings of a fan though, in the end it's her life and art. 

Just now, lili said:

She should just pull a Jim Morrison (without the tragic ending) and move to Paris and come up with a new outlook on her music and poetry. As much as I enjoyed her last three albums, feels like her artistic tendencies are on a route to repetition and living in LA doesn't seem to help either. These are just the ramblings of a fan though, in the end it's her life and art. 

she should give Paris, Texas

Like this

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

13 minutes ago, lili said:

either paris or new york

banner.png

suffer does the wolf crawling to thee

28 minutes ago, lili said:

i agree. the LA bubble doesn’t seem to be inspiring her like it once was. i think some new scenery and people would really help form a new sound. 

2 minutes ago, mlittle11 said:

i agree. the LA bubble doesn’t seem to be inspiring her like it once was. i think some new scenery and people would really help form a new sound. 

And I remember her saying on an Instagram Live how a change of scenery helps her in terms of her mental state and general outlook on things. She doesn't seem to travel much outside of the country, though, which I find strange. 

17 hours ago, mlittle11 said:

she should come to Kyoto

Change her stage name to ラナ・デル・レイ

And also, i need her to come to Vietnam to be the Queen of Saigon once more

5 minutes ago, lili said:

And I remember her saying on an Instagram Live how a change of scenery helps her in terms of her mental state and general outlook on things. She doesn't seem to travel much outside of the country, though, which I find strange. 

i remember that too! i feel like a lot of COCC was based on the midwest but it still felt like she was hung up on LA. the general “aura” and her state of mind in the last two records felt the same to me. 

If she is entering a midlife state of mind, as she is actually entering midlife, and wants to keep cats, walk home from the mall, and watch TV, it may not matter much where she is.

I could actually see Lana living in a semi-rural environment, as Joni Mitchell did for much of the 70s, constantly going back and forth from LA to isolated parts of Canada and singing about “fresh salmon frying and the tide rolling in,” and “the arbutus rustling.”

If Lana follows the trend of so many musical artists, she’ll continue to record but will also crave midlife calm, isolation, and serenity ( and perhaps marriage and children), and then, about 50, want to return to the spotlight in a big way, pretend she never left or had a slightly diminished career, and try to impress everyone with a ‘youthful’ sound and physical appearance.

This is not a condemnation, but simply something I’ve seen happen over and over. 

"I moved to California but it's just a state of mind"

"I'm ready to leave LA"

"We should go back to Arkansas"

"Finding my way to you Arcadia"

Her wanderlust era :hype:

Edited by Venice Peach
Except she's just circling California

giphy.gif