Elle

LDR9 Speculation & Discussion Thread

wasn't Pusha T just going to remix an older song? i imagine it'd be BTD era, if any

guys lets start casting spells for a big production kind of like the spells she cast on trump :shh:

~    fantasia-seductive.gif ~

nODpL6g.jpg

Aesthetics for Death Never Came

•murky, experimental

•lo-fi trip hop & dream pop influences

•stream of consciousness approach to songwriting

Tracklist

•Death Never Came

•Melrose Avenue

•God Complex (feat. Kali Uchis)

•I Wear The Ring She Left On Your Nightstand

•Rock Candy Sweet

•Just Lipgloss (feat. Pusha T)

•At The Altar 

•Sunspot Fever

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

42 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

b) it’s Lana lol. There are still a lot of BTD she sings live… Plus, let’s face it, I don’t see many songs from the last two albums being done on stage (Let Me Love You Like a Woman, maybe? White Dress is too « spur of the moment », many songs on BB are very wordy :gasp:)

I've been thinking about this 😭

If and when she does tour again, I'm sure she'll sing some songs from COCC (title track, lmlylaw, bus with nikki, dbjag, wah..), but i can hardly see anything from BB being performed 

i think Cherry Blossom, Arcadia and Thunder (?) will be the ones she carries over. the chances of Dealer, BBS, WFWF, or any of those are quite low :bebe:

14 minutes ago, Brat said:

wasn't Pusha T just going to remix an older song? i imagine it'd be BTD era, if any

As far as I know, we have no idea if the song is new or old: just that Lana’s team sent a track to him. 

I also considered that maybe it would be from BTD, but considering how little promo is broadcasted for her new releases, I’m thinking it’s unlikely that they’d go out of their way to promote a song over a decade old. 

Then again, maybe we will see an older track show back up! I’m curious to see how this plays out (assuming it ever surfaces lol)

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

6 minutes ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

As far as I know, we have no idea if the song is new or old: just that Lana’s team sent a track to him. 

I also considered that maybe it would be from BTD, but considering how little promo is broadcasted for her new releases, I’m thinking it’s unlikely that they’d go out of their way to promote a song over a decade old. 

Then again, maybe we will see an older track show back up! I’m curious to see how this plays out (assuming it ever surfaces lol)

I agree with you 100%.
As far as « politics » go with Lana and Interscope, lana has to give it a go before sending anything to him. maybe they’re pushing for a remix of a new song or an outtake… or maybe a LFL track since it’s that picture he posted with coke on?!? 

25 minutes ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

nODpL6g.jpg

•murky, experimental

Tracklist

•Death Never Came

•Melrose Avenue

•Rock Candy Sweet

•At The Altar 

•Sunspot Fever

It's giving LFL + Chemtrails and I'm here for it.

Still salty that Neil photoshoot wasn't used in the actual LFL album physicals :icant: it's one of their best 

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, blameitonme said:

manifesting acoustic album with instagram filter selfie cover and no promo

turn on your location. 

Where did “death never came” get started why is everyone saying that?

tenor.gif?itemid=9308137

let's be real, all you bitches wanna look like me

55 minutes ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

nODpL6g.jpg

•murky, experimental

Tracklist

•Death Never Came

•Melrose Avenue

•Rock Candy Sweet

•At The Altar 

•Sunspot Fever

Claiming Just Lipgloss:flutter: love the green, blue and brown tones. They would go great with an experimental, psychedelic witchy sound. I’ve been listening to Miley Cyrus and Her Dead Petz a lot lately and I would love for Lana to do a 20+ track experimental vanity project apart from her record label like Miley did.  

Tumblr

So many artists release upcoming music this May: Lady Gaga, Carly Rae, Tove Lo, Florence 

Lana might even drop something this month, i can feel it. :azealia:

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

1 hour ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

nODpL6g.jpg

•murky, experimental

Tracklist

•Death Never Came

•Melrose Avenue

•Rock Candy Sweet

•At The Altar 

•Sunspot Fever

claiming God Complex

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

1 hour ago, regattasinthewind said:

I've been thinking about this 😭

If and when she does tour again, I'm sure she'll sing some songs from COCC (title track, lmlylaw, bus with nikki, dbjag, wah..), but i can hardly see anything from BB being performed 

i think Cherry Blossom, Arcadia and Thunder (?) will be the ones she carries over. the chances of Dealer, BBS, WFWF, or any of those are quite low :bebe:

why do i have a feeling she is only going to sing the flops from BBs 

like i stg if this woman skips Thunder but sings Beautiful im out :scream:

on another note the entire Lana concert system is so backed up if you think about it. like, the NFR era didn't get to play out like normal so over half the songs on the record she hasn't performed live which really sucks. now she has to make up for that, plus songs from cotcc and BBs? while still playing most of the old and gold from her normal setlist? i'm not seeing it.

~    fantasia-seductive.gif ~

Heard there are no plans for touring anytime soon. There were promoters\Events trying hard to book her and she went "lol no thanks <3". And this included early 2023 as well.

1 hour ago, ShadesOfFool said:

turn on your location. 

Where did “death never came” get started why is everyone saying that?

Just one of the DNC guesses (also cause it's similar to BTD and LFL)

5 minutes ago, DinahLee said:

Heard there are no plans for touring anytime soon. There were promoters\Events trying hard to book her and she went "lol no thanks <3". And this included early 2023 as well.

It makes sense considering she's nowhere to be seen in any summer festival lineup (even the more lowkey ones:icant:). Not Iike I was expecting her anyway though :eek:

She did say that singing in bars with Nikki made her want to hit the stage again but I don't know if she'll ever do another big tour considering how every subsequent one since Paradise was smaller and smaller (in terms of dates) even though she still sold very well (For example she sold out both her Spain dates in the LATTMT with ~15k capacity each).

I can see her doing another small US tour (like the Endless Summer or the NFR cancelled one) but a world one... I can only hope :crying4:

giphy.gif

21 minutes ago, DinahLee said:

This era, the insiders are more than the users posting on the thread

[Hold me, love me, touch me, lanadel.gif

honey, be the first who ever did]

6 hours ago, Surf Noir said:

i’d love it if she’d bring back some classic lana-isms, such as diamonds, roses, the color blue, coney island, chateau marmont, trailer parks, elvis, marilyn, rock stars, classic literature, opulence… reject modernity, embrace tradition! :true:

OPPALANCEEE YOU OWN EVERYTHINGGGopulence-drag.gif