Elle

LDR9 Speculation & Discussion Thread

16 hours ago, Offtotheraces01 said:

Also anyone noticed lana followed some stylists/designer? Manifesting a met gala serve, the timing is so close with this one for it to be a reach😭 also manifesting some updates with said met gala serve 

WAITTTT

she followed who????

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

1 hour ago, COCC said:

What if there‘s no LDR9… but the debut album of a duo named „prettiest girls in country music“ :xgiggle:

or "prettiest girls in alternative pop"

Caroline Polachek now follows her on insta :dua:

1 hour ago, Pretty On The Indide said:

If I see one of you hoes say del norte county or death never came ONE MORE TIME, it's on site!!  ldr9 is catholic psychedelic synth folk Bops and the title Will Reflect That

I will also accept Buddhist Realist Bass Grunge so that could also be a thing and be real cool too

wish she'd go back to cath aesthetics but w her going to churchome of all places i doubt it's happening anytime soon

18 hours ago, Offtotheraces01 said:

Also anyone noticed lana followed some stylists/designer? Manifesting a met gala serve, the timing is so close with this one for it to be a reach😭 also manifesting some updates with said met gala serve 

The timing is really close. I hope you’re right:brows:

Even if Lana doesn’t go to the Met Gala, we can reach even more & speculate that the stylists are associated with a music video or magazine cover:oprah3: 

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

my personal dream vision for LDR9 (not something i really expect, but i would be happy if the record would be resembling any of these elements):

- heavily dream pop inspired production with little cinematic twist (something like host by cults or once twice melody by beach house), much reverb, a few tracks with more electric guitars and distortion

- key songs: valley of the dolls, if i die young, tulsa jesus freak, how to disappear, stargirl, love, venice bitch, the next best american record, thunder

- more songwriting that shows you specific kind of imagery, not only tells a story (like a throwback to her older stuff but without all cringe america references)

- brand new producers

- more lower register (i totally love her high notes but we get that a lot recently, so it would be cool if we would get both equally)

- no trap beats (we don’t want another lust for life)

as much as i love lana’s current singer-songwriter acoustic style, it would be cool if she proved she still can do something different

So this year's MET gala theme is "In America: An Anthology of Fashion" - basically part II of last year's theme. Dress code is "gilded glamour"

I'm not an  American, so i might not understand how it should be to be considered as "In America" but I really think this is another playground for Lana & this is her chance to have another wholesome 2018 MET moment again - since she had proved her knowledge of the American culture throughout her past eras. It'll be a shame if she isn't invited this year.

I mean...

Blonde Lana aka Lizzy Grant : r/lanadelrey

"Gold" has been referenced so many times in her music as "Americana" imagery

i.e:

"i've heard those streets were paved with gold"

"your skin so golden brown"

"you can be my full-time daddy, white & gold"

"gold teeth - pretty baby"

Album Born To Die - The Paradise Edition, Lana Del Rey | Qobuz: download  and streaming in high quality

and she fucking murdered these looks looking all the way 100% American starlet

Lana Del Rey for ELLE UK 2017 #gold #sequin #dress #editorial | Lana del  ray, Celebrities, Fashion

lana del rey gold dress — Shareen

what song initially got you hooked to lana? - 2013 Young & Beautiful BTS  shot, taken by Matthew Walder. : r/lanadelrey

"gold teeth, pretty baby" lmao - she is such a perfect embodiment of "America" more than America itself.

Did anyone else love her gold/diamond tooth? : r/lanadelrey

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

2 minutes ago, revadece said:

- heavily dream pop inspired production with little cinematic twist (something like host by cults or once twice melody by beach house), much reverb, a few tracks with more electric guitars and distortion

GHQFQng.gif

ok but this would be perfect 

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

this has probably been mentioned before but death never came would actually be a great title for an album! it could be seen as a trilogy to born to die and lust for life - they’re all a reference on life and death. like… look at them next to each other. born to die, lust for life, death never came. lana would never do this serve…

15 minutes ago, souvlaki said:

this has probably been mentioned before but death never came would actually be a great title for an album! it could be seen as a trilogy to born to die and lust for life - they’re all a reference on life and death. like… look at them next to each other. born to die, lust for life, death never came. lana would never do this serve…

wait :oprah4:

6 hours ago, souvlaki said:

but this would be the end of the trilogy ... :cryney:

6 minutes ago, paradisetropico said:

I hope we see the return of One Word album titles. 

paradise ultraviolence and honeymoon are top tier... sorry everything else!!! 

*BTD and LFL are close behind especially with the connection they have as albums in general 

Pearl-praying.webp?fit=300,200&ssl=1

gZ0f.gif