Elle

LDR9 Speculation & Discussion Thread

manifesting sultry collab with ROSALÍA that sounds like West Coast & Honeymoon era.

Her & Kali Uchis are 2 only artists i'd like Lana to collab with right now.

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

imagine if one of Lana’s recent Instagram captions ends up being a song title/lyric:oprah2:

here are some contenders:

1.) once a bad girl…always

2.) shining alone

3.) peach fuzz

4.) how we built a home

6.) You Lose Some You Win Some at the Santa Anita Racetrack 

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

2 hours ago, DCooper said:

Imagine each song on the album explains DNC in a different way so we're left with tons of valid options LOL 

i don't see her putting this much effort into it ngl but this would literally be album of the decade :poordat:

1 hour ago, Whore of Tropico said:

manifesting sultry collab with ROSALÍA that sounds like West Coast & Honeymoon era.

Her & Kali Uchis are 2 only artists i'd like Lana to collab with right now.

LA To The Moon Tour TEA

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/59/40/90/5940903240da03ab6f8c1a9c79a31773.jpg

29 minutes ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

You Lose Some You Win Some at the Santa Anita Racetrack

this one in particular! so good. peach fuzz would be iconic too 😟

☆Credit Card Romancer♡61488ea977a6ef5ebcd368bc55c9dc5c6cf8ccf7

1 hour ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

imagine if one of Lana’s recent Instagram captions ends up being a song title/lyric:oprah2:

2.) shining alone

3.) peach fuzz

4.) how we built a home

claiming once a bad girl... always & santa anita racetrack

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

1 hour ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

2.) shining alone

3.) peach fuzz

4.) how we built a home

I can definitely see “you lose some you win some” being the next “contemplating at costco the Santa Clarita fires” 

I also think her “I’ve loved every boy I’ve ever dated” comment could be a lyric tease 

"Don’t forget me"

1 hour ago, NikoGo said:

I also think her “I’ve loved every boy I’ve ever dated” comment could be a lyric tease 

considering there's an euphoria line abt cassie "loving every guy she's ever dated" and lana's penchant for borrowing quotes i wouldn't doubt it lol

On 4/30/2022 at 3:37 PM, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

The timing is really close. I hope you’re right:brows:

Even if Lana doesn’t go to the Met Gala, we can reach even more & speculate that the stylists are associated with a music video or magazine cover:oprah3: 

Exactly. Like she’s def been hinting at something. We still don’t know what dnc, there’s been hints that she’s been in the studio, posting a lot more frequently and going public on her account. I don’t think she would follow a whole team of people with them following her back if she didn’t do something with them.

23 hours ago, DCooper said:

I don't know why but I've become obsessed with the title Del Norte County so I really hope that's what DNC stands for. There's just something so interesting about it to me :dmd:

'Del Forte County' means 'From the North County,' which is similar in name to the famous British traditional ballad, 'A North Country Maid,' aka 'The Oak & The Ash,' which was popularized in the early 1960s by The Watersons, A.L. Lloyd, Maddy Prior and early Marianne Faithfull in her folk period, who has an album called 'A North Country Maid.' Many British artists covered it. It's a tender, beautiful ballad which would suit Lana perfectly, though I don't know that it could be Americanized. Perhaps 'Del Norte County' is an allusion to it? 

And Lana is from 'the North Country'; the Adirondacks are pretty high up there in New York State, and relatively isolated out of season, which is most of the year. 

I hope it's not simply called 'DNC,' which only brings to mind 'Democratic National Committee' to me, and I think we've all had enough of politics right now. 

A North country maid up to London has strayed
Although with her nature it did not agree
So she wept and she sighed and bitterly she cried
"Oh, I wish once again in the North I could be"

For the oak and the ash and the bonny ivy tree
They all grow green in the North country

While sadly I roam I regret my dear home
Where the lads and young lasses are making the hay
Where the birds sweetly sing, and the merry bells do ring
And the maidens and meadows are pleasant and gay

No doubt if I please, I could marry with ease
Where maidens are fair, many lovers will come
But he that I wed must be North country bred
And carry me back to my own country

They all grow so green in the North country

1 hour ago, Vertimus said:

'Del Forte County' means 'From the North County,' which is similar in name to the famous British traditional ballad, 'A North Country Maid,' aka 'The Oak & The Ash,' which was popularized in the early 1960s by The Watersons, A.L. Lloyd, Maddy Prior and early Marianne Faithfull in her folk period, who has an album called 'A North Country Maid.' Many British artists covered it. It's a tender, beautiful ballad which would suit Lana perfectly, though I don't know that it could be Americanized. Perhaps 'Del Norte County' is an allusion to it? 

And Lana is from 'the North Country'; the Adirondacks are pretty high up there in New York State, and relatively isolated out of season, which is most of the year. 

I hope it's not simply called 'DNC,' which only brings to mind 'Democratic National Committee' to me, and I think we've all had enough of politics right now. 

A North country maid up to London has strayed
Although with her nature it did not agree
So she wept and she sighed and bitterly she cried
"Oh, I wish once again in the North I could be"

While sadly I roam I regret my dear home
Where the lads and young lasses are making the hay
Where the birds sweetly sing, and the merry bells do ring
And the maidens and meadows are pleasant and gay

No doubt if I please, I could marry with ease
Where maidens are fair, many lovers will come
But he that I wed must be North country bred
And carry me back to my own country

They all grow so green in the North country

Wait, I was searching "North County" on Spotify, and first came up "Girl from the North Country", a famous folk song by Bob Dylan und Johnny Cash.

Then I searched for "North Country" on Lanaboards, and apparently some users wished a cover of that song some years ago

On 1/12/2016 at 8:36 AM, LikeARollingStone said:

I'd love to hear...

By Billie Holiday: "I'm a Fool to Want You"

By Bob Dylan: "Girl From The North Country", "Wedding Song", "Just Like A Woman", "Moonshiner", "Jokerman"

By Buffy Sainte-Marie: "Cod'ine", "The Dream Tree"

By The Animals: "The House Of The Rising Sun"

By Cream: "Sunshine Of Your Love"

By Sam Cooke: "You Send Me"

By The Doors: "Break On Through", "Bird Of Prey", "Love Me Two Times", "People Are Strange", "An American Prayer"

By The Everly Brothers: "Crying in the Rain", "All I Have to Do Is Dream", "So Sad (To Watch Good Love Go Bad)"

By John Jacob Niles: "Go 'Way From My Window"

By Yoko Ono: "Take Me To the Land of Hell"

On 11/9/2020 at 5:50 PM, IanadeIrey said:

I’m so late to this but you have some of the best taste in music I’ve ever seen - I absolutely love Girl From the North Country and if Lana covered that song I would diiiie. 

On 11/4/2020 at 3:07 PM, wild caged animal said:

Jim Croce - New York's Not My Home

Jim Croce - Walkin Back to Georgia

Leonard Cohen - Bird on the Wire

Simon & Garfunkel - Bridge Over Troubled Water

Joni Mitchell - River

Joni Mitchell - The Last Time I Saw Richard

Bob Dylan - Girl From the North Country

Jeff Buckley - Lover, You Should've Come Over

American standards: 

You've Lost That Loving Feeling

Elusive Dreams

Catherine Deneuve GIF - CatherineDeneuve GIFs

especially from the ASC thread.

Also there's an interview where Lana said:

I’m from the north country up in Lake Placid, ...

A lot of things would fit if she actually covered this song, her background, her love for Bob Dylan and folk, rumors that this album is set in the 1960s ...

What if she plays with words a bit and titles the album "Del Norte Country / Del North Country", with different meanings ?

• hinting her origin from the north
  • hinting a cover of "A North Country Maid" or the Dylan song "Girl From The North Country"
  • the "Del" suggests her personal connection to the album, maybe we'll hear a lot of very personal content again
  • whereas the similarity to Del Norte County settles the album (partly) at the West Coast, in the northern part of California (also hinted by the wave sign)

2 hours ago, bluechemtrails said:

Wait, I was searching "North County" on Spotify, and first came up "Girl from the North Country", a famous folk song by Bob Dylan und Johnny Cash.

Then I searched for "North Country" on Lanaboards, and apparently some users wished a cover of that song some years ago

A lot of things would fit if she actually covered this song, her background, her love for Bob Dylan and folk, rumors that this album is set in the 1960s ...

2 hours ago, bluechemtrails said:

Thank you---the Bob Dylan song is one he credits to himself, but acknowledges was based on an earlier traditional song. Fair enough. He's done the same thing many times and Joni Mitchell did it with 'The Silky Veils of Ardor.'  Bob's version included parts of the traditional 'Scarborough Fair,' which Marianne Faithfull sang before it was made famous by Simon & Garfunkel. 

Had a dream that Lana released a song called ‘Through the Redwoods at Dusk’ and it was so unexpectedly sexy and similar to Tulsa Jesus Freak and Your Girl :crai: she also announced a single  pre-order 7” dusk blue vinyl with light yellow specks resembling stars containing the single and the B-side which was an underrated dream pop record with influences from Spiritualized’s Ladies and Gentlemen We Are Floating in Space, continuing the space-y themes of the Love MV and poster :deadbanana: her space rock revival masterpiece is coming y’all I don’t think we’re ready

sgopYhV.gif