Elle

LDR9 Speculation & Discussion Thread

28 minutes ago, shadesofyosemite said:

is Florida Kilos :true: 

begone satanas

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

1 hour ago, shadesofyosemite said:

is Florida Kilos :true: 

incorrect

~    fantasia-seductive.gif ~

I can’t believe we don’t have a fake date, selfie cover, or any info at all :dorothy2:

is this our longest era without her talking about the new album? :illumilana:

"Don’t forget me"

45 minutes ago, CinnamonGay said:

:awk: 

I take back what I said about Breaking Up Slowly. It’s really not that bad. It’s just I don’t feel like Lana and Nikki’s voices work that well together. Beautiful would be fine without the Picasso line. I’ve tried really hard to like WCE, but I just can’t. I think it’s mainly her vocals in the chorus that end up ruining the song for me. 

I think we definetly need some news:bebe:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

mom the gays are fighting again.

But really unmanifest the post of a potential ld9 country record  - not that I don’t see it coming- but because rob lurks here and he might give her dangerous ideas

[Hold me, love me, touch me, lanadel.gif

honey, be the first who ever did]

Truly looking forward to the meltdowns when Lana drops Rock Candy Sweet on June 1st like she has already announced (our girl was just wrong about the year) :true:

rock-candy-sweet.jpg

Country isn’t my preferred genre for LDR9 (I’m still dreaming of a slowcore masterpiece lol), but I do think Lana could pull off country more successfully than most non-country artists if she fully embraces the genre. 

I think it’s easy to generalize the genre to post-2000s country, but I honestly see her conjuring up country music’s earlier soundscape and themes. 

Her love of Springsteen, Eagles, The Rolling Stones, Tammy Wynette, Jimmy Buffett, etc. really make me think it would be more of a pre-2000s country-rock fusion if she went that route. 

here’s how I almost imagine a country Lana record would sound: 

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

8 minutes ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

Country isn’t my preferred genre for LDR9 (I’m still dreaming of a slowcore masterpiece lol), but I do think Lana could pull off country more successfully than most non-country artists if she fully embraces the genre. 

I think it’s easy to generalize the genre to post-2000s country, but I honestly see her conjuring up country music’s earlier soundscape and themes. 

Her love of Springsteen, Eagles, The Rolling Stones, Tammy Wynette, Jimmy Buffett, etc. really make me think it would be more of a pre-2000s country-rock fusion if she went that route. 

Exactly! Lana obviously wouldn't be giving us some watered down Carrie Underwood country-pop. Her eventual country album is definitely going to be a serve. Hey Blue Baby, Prettiest Girl in Country Music, I Must Be Stupid For Being So Happy vibes. :wowcry:

44 minutes ago, COCC said:

Truly looking forward to the meltdowns when Lana drops Rock Candy Sweet on June 1st like she has already announced (our girl was just wrong about the year) :true:

rock-candy-sweet.jpg

I guess it's the same for the covers album. It's coming Christmas 2029 :oprah:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

2 hours ago, NikoGo said:

I can’t believe we don’t have a fake date, selfie cover, or any info at all :dorothy2:

In recent times... definitely. Didn't she literally announce WHF and RCS the same day or the day after the previous album was released? :hide: 

I think the biggest wait was from HM to LFL (and it was shorter cause Love leaked :eek: but it wasn't even 2 whole years between the HM album and LFL lead single) 

giphy.gif

4 hours ago, NikoGo said:

After the NFR snippet extravaganza & RCS/BB fake release dates, I’m really curious why she’s choosing to be fairly hush-hush about this record!

Maybe it’s as simple as forgetting to post about it, but maybe….maybe she’s cooking something special up:brows: there are endless explanations but I’m choosing to be delusional, personally lol

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

Lana is more than welcome to drop a country masterpiece that would actually be good and she’s demonstrated that with her performances of hey blue baby and I must be stupid. I also think her duet of eat for free would fit and prettiest girl in country music. It can be done, but It needs to have the right energy. Is it what I want ultimately, no. I miss her presence in aesthetic and concept and the built up hype and her curated self made worlds. We’ve gotten some vibes with her recent releases in terms of “eras” but I don’t think they are as cohesive as they’ve been in the past but that’s not to say that the songwriting doesn’t slap and the music isn’t good. I’m just relying too much on Lana to make me not depressed so whatever she does is what she’ll do and I’ll still love her. This post brought you by wine. 

faSE.gif