Elle

LDR9 Speculation & Discussion Thread

i don’t know whether or not to believe leaked song titles with lana anymore because i remember the day the LFL track list leaked, i was dead set on it being fake because every title sounded like a parody of herself and then when it turned out to be real i was actually so surprised :rip:  someone really can just make up the most LDR title they can think of and even if it were fake it would probably end up being real at some point lmaooo

also honestly i am glad lana is being so quiet about LDR9, it feels like ever since the LFL era she has started talking too early and plans have changed and it just gets disappointing :rip: rip LFL may 26th, NFR at “the top of 2019”, COTCC september 2020, BB July 4th. i would rather her not say anything than give false hope, she’s mentioned a surprise album for so long but it’s still never happened so i’m kind of hoping it does with this one

28 minutes ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

Random idea for a LDR9 trailer if insiders are right about this being a transition record + some fan speculation is right about it being called Death Never Came:

Imagine the trailer is almost reminiscent of Ride’s music video: a monologue about the progression of her life playing in the background, tons of nostalgic supercuts from past eras, etc. 

The background instrumental would be a haunting and cinematic medley of BTD-LFL-DNC. You can even hear a few muffled, breathy words from the tracks peppered in occasionally. She ends the monologue with some impactful line, like, “After praying for its embrace for 36 years, I woke up to finally realize…that death never came.”

And then there’s this abrupt shift to only the DNC aesthetics with the title track playing fully in the background. The dark, deeply personal emotions that were felt earlier are now met with more lighthearted ones: Lana swimming on a North Cali beach, dancing with friends on the shore, etc. The era has begun. 

a gay can dream

wow a wet dream:thumb2:

i know that every three albums or so that we get an entire new soundscape, but personally i don’t think she’s going to stray too far from what we’ve gotten in NFR, COCC, and BB… especially if she’s working w the same producers

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, zombie girl said:

i don’t know whether or not to believe leaked song titles with lana anymore because i remember the day the LFL track list leaked, i was dead set on it being fake because every title sounded like a parody of herself and then when it turned out to be real i was actually so surprised :rip:  someone really can just make up the most LDR title they can think of and even if it were fake it would probably end up being real at some point lmaooo

Same with UV. I was like Sad Girl? Pretty When You Cry? Old Money? :hide: and it ended up being completely legit in the end

giphy.gif

it’s pretty much set in stone that this record is gonna have some sort of surf sound… probs an exploration of the surf ideas from nfr due to jack’s inclusion :oic2:

I wish she'd make more dark music. She explored it with UV but then abandoned it. I want her to make music like nicole dollanganger/ethel cains style. Not this summer day surfy stuff, something different...

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

19 hours ago, NikoGo said:

where did these come from??

19 hours ago, plastiscguy said:

Claiming the sultry anthem of the year...

Reveal hidden contents

Summer Heat

:grinds:

18 hours ago, Surf Noir said:

wait are you for real?

i’m claiming blueberry hill club even if it’s not real :true:

17 hours ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

downattheBlueberryHillClub:monica:

Hi there,

I've been watching you guys freaking out over the titles of both of my songs and goddamn.. XD i had so much fun. I'm not Lana Del Rey but i stan her as you can see the references and the inspirations in my music.

I consider Summer Heat a mix between Radio X Without You and California Headlines was influenced by Ultraviolence. I also thank you for acclaiming the titles song, i felt amazing; 

cmeonrey,Insert image from URL

20 minutes ago, cmeonrey said:

Hi there,

I've been watching you guys freaking out over the titles of both of my songs and goddamn.. XD i had so much fun. I'm not Lana Del Rey but i stan her as you can see the references and the inspirations in my music.

I consider Summer Heat a mix between Radio X Without You and California Headlines was influenced by Ultraviolence and i really appreciate if you guys could take a listen to it on my Spotify profile, promise you guys won't regret it. I also thank you for acclaiming the Titles song, i felt amazing; 

cmeonrey,

very odd behaviour!

gLoD.gif

gLoH.gif :beyonce:

38 minutes ago, cmeonrey said:

Hi there,

I consider Summer Heat a mix between Radio X Without You and California Headlines was influenced by Ultraviolence and i really appreciate if you guys could take a listen to it on my Spotify profile, promise you guys won't regret it. I also thank you for acclaiming the Titles song, i felt amazing; 

cmeonrey,

did you really make an account on here just to promote yourself :awkney2:

48 minutes ago, mlittle11 said:

você realmente fez uma conta aqui só para se promover :awkney2:

No i don't. I just thought it would be fun interact cuz even being an artist, i'm a stan too and i started bc of her lol. 

1 hour ago, Pale Fire said:

very odd behaviour!

Why odd behaviour? I was just excited... i'm not even famous, it's cool to see people talking about my music (much more when they comparing it to Lana's song)

@cmeonrey OK I finished it (listened without headphones) and I liked it :true:,  but I couldn't fully understand what you were saying in the 2nd half of the song (Ala Ultraviolence drowned vocals), I was bopping my head :popcorn:though and could see the inspo.

Spoiler

Also, I would recommend saving for a professional shoot with a photographer with some sort of art direction in mind, you are good looking but I feel the images on your socials and stream profile aren't as cohesive as they could be, but then again you are just starting so maybe I'm being too critical.

Good luck 🍀 

Girls I dreamed that someone got the CD and vinyl early and the cover was incredible. I have been known to have prophetic dreams :fabcat:

I don’t really wanna die, I just want the pain to be over