Elle

LDR9 Speculation & Discussion Thread

I'm super excited to see if/how Lana's recent travels impact the album. All of her albums feel very locational, and she's been in New York and Italy just this month :yesnod:

imageproxy.jpg

12 hours ago, Umaniac said:

How did you do the painted sky?

i sorta put the texture into the photo, double exposure & stuff

the magic of picsart hunny

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

1 hour ago, bluechemtrails said:

Lol, can't she just travel around the world and having fun, without this has any meaning for her music?

The thing is, she is always writing. And the places she visits usually influence her lyrics (and sound) pretty heavily. She spent a lot of time in Portofino with Francesco in 2014/15 and it's very obvious when you listen to Honeymoon. I'm so ready for some Europe or NY influence. I've had enough of LA and the yeehaw states (sorry).

20230718-113117.gif

Honey, you make me feel I'm invincible

2 hours ago, BlueINK said:

The thing is, she is always writing. And the places she visits usually influence her lyrics (and sound) pretty heavily. She spent a lot of time in Portofino with Francesco in 2014/15 and it's very obvious when you listen to Honeymoon. I'm so ready for some Europe or NY influence. I've had enough of LA and the yeehaw states (sorry).

In retrospect, I like that her « being on pause albums » (the last two) were set outside California. As for Cali itself, I wouldn’t mind other albums sets there because it’s the symbol of it that I Love, and I love beach Lana (whether the songs are introspective or fun). That being said, if LDR9 is indeed inspired by the northern part of it, it could be very interesting and just enough changes to keep things interesting.

8 hours ago, LifeOnMars said:

Stargirl Interlude was her most streamed song yesterday. It would be really cool if she worked with Labrinth on LDR9 or a future album. I think that sound fits her very well. 

I would love for her to work with him again for LDR9 or any project. He's a great producer. Too bad that didn't happen for the Euphoria Soundtrack.

It kind of makes me sad if this chart is constant because that's mean Lana's most popular song is an interlude on someone else's album. I'm not surprised the weeknd's album is played more than Lana's most popular solo song but still.

I'm also always surprised to see Brooklyn Baby so high when it was just a promotional single. It's probably thanks to tiktok. 

I sort of love we know almost nothing, It would be amazing if she just randomly dropped an album at the end of summer.  I honestly think Lana might wait till next spring to release something but it would be very exciting if she did something unexpected like this.  

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

1 hour ago, saith said:

I would love for her to work with him again for LDR9 or any project. He's a great producer. Too bad that didn't happen for the Euphoria Soundtrack.

It kind of makes me sad if this chart is constant because that's mean Lana's most popular song is an interlude on someone else's album. I'm not surprised the weeknd's album is played more than Lana's most popular solo song but still.

I'm also always surprised to see Brooklyn Baby so high when it was just a promotional single. It's probably thanks to tiktok. 

I think it(Stargirl Interlude) is viral on TikTok right now. That is why it is so high. Usually I don’t think it’s even in her top 10. 

2 hours ago, saith said:

I follow this account daily and it’s the first time Stargirl was number 1. Her most streamed songs change from season to season (Doin’ Time and Summertime Sadness are top 5 when summer comes back) and with TikTok (Brooklyn Baby stayed top 10 - I guess the GP discovered what we knew all along about that song :oop2: - The Other Woman and  Dealer got there because of the same platform). Honestly, she needs another summer hit to help her chart, whether with LDR9 or somewhere down the road. 

Just make west coast or Florida kilos go viral..

Or people can hop on the trend and redo Billie video for Watercolor eyes where they have colored ink coming out of their eyes or face pls

.teens would eat it up

10 hours ago, Crimson and Clover said:

this remix??? :oprah2::oprah2::oprah2::oprah2::oprah2:i need THIS on ldr9 omg

i've wanted a shoegaze lana album since LFL omfg she needs to make one

2 hours ago, LifeOnMars said:

I think it(Stargirl Interlude) is viral on TikTok right now. That is why it is so high. Usually I don’t think it’s even in her top 10. 

I didn't know about this one trending. It happen to a lot of artist to have a random song being their most streamed because it is associated with something more successful. For exemple Feist's most streamed song is a B-side on a Twilight OST and not one of her songs that's actually well known. I supped the same happened to Lana.

59 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

I follow this account daily and it’s the first time Stargirl was number 1. Her most streamed songs change from season to season (Doin’ Time and Summertime Sadness are top 5 when summer comes back) and with TikTok (Brooklyn Baby stayed top 10 - I guess the GP discovered what we knew all along about that song :oop2: - The Other Woman and  Dealer got there because of the same platform). Honestly, she needs another summer hit to help her chart, whether with LDR9 or somewhere down the road. 

I believe both summertime songs are pretty much in top 5 all year but yeah they do change spot according to seasons.

1 hour ago, CinnamonGay said:

Just make west coast or Florida kilos go viral..

Or people can hop on the trend and redo Billie video for Watercolor eyes where they have colored ink coming out of their eyes or face pls

.teens would eat it up

High By The Beach could also be a great choice (and would boost HM’s streams)

10 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

High By The Beach could also be a great choice (and would boost HM’s streams)

It needs to happen bc  Honeymoon needs to get the 1 Billion streams it deserves :true:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2: