Elle

LDR9 Speculation & Discussion Thread

4 minutes ago, Whore of Tropico said:

I really believe Lana should make a record to disscuss about the fakeness of woke culture / feminism culture because deep down i know she knows that she wasnt an anti-feminist, she was that bitch who knows THE TRUTH about feminism of that period of time

Yup, i dont want a woke record, i want a clapback at woke culture / stan culture and their bullshit.

I agree but RIP your mentions there are a lot of SJW tryhards on this site

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/59/40/90/5940903240da03ab6f8c1a9c79a31773.jpg

On 5/15/2022 at 5:22 AM, Pretty On The Indide said:

I agree but RIP your mentions there are a lot of SJW tryhards on this site

fyi for those who want to drag the fuck out of me:

when i say "the truth about feminism culture" it does not apply to the feminism itself (the purest form, look it up) im talking about who treats it like a trend / a topic to hop on but have no single idea about it.

Back then, those were the people who accused Lana of being an anti-feminist, setting women back in time - with only one thing on their mind - women are expected to be someone like Beyonce - strong, powerful, rebellious against the system / patriarchy, meanwhile Lana is opposite to that mold. They dont understand that feminism arent always about strong powerful successful women, its about women who choose to be what they are, the life they live. 

And i have the right to be bitter thinking about how BAD Lana was treated back then because she portrays a woman who is traditional: always behind a man, kneeling down for a man, a woman who choose to be weaker for a man - you might not agree with her but let a woman be what she wants to be. From that: The truth about feminism is they werent nice at women like her (not white like her, but fragile, weaker women) at that period of time (and sometimes,still, right now).

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

2 hours ago, Whore of Tropico said:

I really believe Lana should make a record to disscuss about the fakeness of woke culture / feminism culture because deep down i know she knows that she wasnt an anti-feminist, she was that bitch who knows THE TRUTH about feminism of that period of time

Yup, i dont want a woke record, i want a clapback at woke culture / stan culture and their bullshit  record if i see a single karen comment one.more.time.

i like get what you’re saying but i also feel like this would be equally as corny as a woke record LMAOO :toofunny:

2 minutes ago, brandon said:

i like get what you’re saying but i also feel like this would be equally as corny as a woke record LMAOO :toofunny:

Yeah the idea might sound corny but this is what happened to her and how people percieve her, and just imagine that energy from QFTC being converted into a record - with more deep thoughts & better wording & she expressing it through the art. That's what i meant.

I know its a really sensitive topic even for Lana (what happened we all know),but still she is the only person i believe wgo can pull it off without being corny or fake deep.

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

I like the way Lana thinks but I want her to stay far far far away from controversial, political or woke stuff in general. Girl has been through enough and so have I as her fan hahahah :toofunny:

And also, she said she will disscuss about this particular topic in that QFTC post (before Chemtrails) and that story where she announced RCS (before it became Blue Banisters) so a hoe can dream about a day when she release a record to clap back all the bullshit & set all the record (no pun intended) straight once and for all.

1 minute ago, paradisetropico said:

with jack antonoff as her current right hand man, she will not be discussing the controversy in song i can assure you. unless he also wants to publicly defend her against the constant misinterpreters. 

I feel similarly, and I think that’ll reflect well on LDR9 as it has in her past few records. In my opinion, Blue Banisters largely did address what Lana mentioned—albeit in an unexpected way. For example, Text book and WFWF addressed and clarified her criticisms of including themes of abuse and tumultuous relationships in her discography  (in my opinion, at least). 

All of that being said, Antonoff did date Lena Dunham who was a huge source of controversy for a while. Then again, that’s more his personal life and not professional, and cultural attitudes have certainly shifted a bit since then. 

In short, I think Lana largely got her revenge with Blue Banisters, and I wouldn’t be surprised if she’s buried that need to justify herself in any wild, angry, or unusually controversial way on LDR9 or other future records…unless there’s some unheard tunes that haven’t surfaced yet

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

15 minutes ago, paradisetropico said:

with jack antonoff as her current right hand man, she will not be discussing the controversy in song i can assure you. unless he also wants to publicly defend her against the constant misinterpreters. 

or with him being her right hand man, there will be someone to tell her that "babe, fix this line, dont worry u can still prove ur point and shut them the fuck up with this song" etc. 

1 hour ago, Whore of Tropico said:

or with him being her right hand man, there will be someone to tell her that "babe, fix this line, dont worry u can still prove ur point and shut them the fuck up with this song" etc. 

i feel like there’s no point or need in “shutting them the fuck up with a song”, most of the dramatics of any controversy have kind of faded into oblivion, bringing anything up would be pretty pointless, no one really cares except for twitter trolls (who will troll regardless of what she says) 

and idk bout yall but i enjoy music being an escape from all that messy shit :biblio: :bop: i would much rather her focus on other things to write about

I’ve said it a million times, but I can just feel how good this record will be

Lana singing God Knows I Tried in the UV church, her dancing to Summertime Sadness, no snippets, gay beach weddings, LFL-NFR-era looks, alleged magazine covers, etc….

I’m anticipating LDR9 (maybe even LDR10) to be that era: a busy pre-release thread, critical acclaim, tons of fun, overall good vibes. Manifesting:true:

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

sincerely hoping she doesn't 'address controversy' in ldr9 oh god most people have forgotten about it/don't care anymore outside twitter. it's been two years and there have been worse things in life, it would just look tacky for her since and she already flipped those people off in Arcadia

sgopYhV.gif

9 minutes ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

I’ve said it a million times, but I can just feel how good this record will be

Lana singing God Knows I Tried in the UV church, her dancing to Summertime Sadness, no snippets, gay beach weddings, LFL-NFR-era looks, alleged magazine covers, etc….

I’m anticipating LDR9 (maybe even LDR10) to be that era: a busy pre-release thread, critical acclaim, tons of fun, overall good vibes. Manifesting:true:

all signs are pointing to this record being legendary :yesnod:

personally if she’s going to do externally focused society addressing media addressing current state of america music i hope she does more of the leaning into american culture and kitsch while at the same time almost ironically, parodically criticizing and pointing out flaws thing (think … national anthem, wining and dining, drinking and driving, excessive buying, overdose and dying.. etc) because i like it that way more :thankyou:

but i actually don’t have the sense she’s going to do that at all with her next work soooooo lots of clownery happening

anyways bye im scared of this thread dont eat my head off

sUcVobB.png

At this point Lana could make a whole album about rubber ducks and I wouldn't care, I'm just excited to see the sonic inspirations of the albums and what the album as a whole ends up being. I have such a good feeling about LDR9

imageproxy.jpg

11 minutes ago, Super Movie said:

At this point Lana could make a whole album about rubber ducks and I wouldn't care, I'm just excited to see the sonic inspirations of the albums and what the album as a whole ends up being. I have such a good feeling about LDR9

R8FGspE.jpg

me when LDR9 comes out in June & the lead single is White Dress (Pt. II) featuring the story of a woman trying on her wedding dress months after her fiancé left her for another woman:krylie:

Sylvia Plath