Elle

LDR9 Speculation & Discussion Thread

29 minutes ago, Super Movie said:

At this point Lana could make a whole album about rubber ducks and I wouldn't care, I'm just excited to see the sonic inspirations of the albums and what the album as a whole ends up being. I have such a good feeling about LDR9

rubber ducks as a metaphor for family and rubber ducks running baths as personal catharsis and also the threat of being trapped in her home wearing rubber gloves which are also rubber like rubber ducks doing the dishes taking care of menial things as someone who needs to run free and explore and not be consigned to a world of rubber gloves and rubber ducks

sUcVobB.png

2 minutes ago, honeybadger said:

rubber ducks as a metaphor for family and rubber ducks running baths as personal catharsis and also the threat of being trapped in her home wearing rubber gloves which are also rubber like rubber ducks doing the dishes taking care of menial things as someone who needs to run free and explore and not be consigned to a world of rubber gloves and rubber ducks

This being the album aesthetic and at the end she removes her rubber gloves as a sign of freedom, with the albums Get Free moment being titled "No More Rubber"

6d26cf2689ba746eb359750974fa608b4062d9cd.jpg

imageproxy.jpg

5 minutes ago, Super Movie said:

with the albums Get Free moment being titled "No More Rubber"

not ldr9 being an anti-safe sex campaign ... lana CANCELLED for advising AGAINST condom usage in her stunning new single 

sUcVobB.png

1 hour ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

Lana posting her management on TikTok? Her LDR9 promo era is incoming:oprah4: 

Lana probably doesn’t even know that she has an account there lol. Ben probably posted it for self promo. Really hope her team does do something to promote LDR9 though, since her music is pretty popular on TikTok. 

3 hours ago, LifeOnMars said:

Lana probably doesn’t even know that she has an account there lol. Ben probably posted it for self promo. Really hope her team does do something to promote LDR9 though, since her music is pretty popular on TikTok. 

What if Lana never posted on her official sm accounts and it was always Ben? :gasp:

6 hours ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

Lana posting her management on TikTok? Her LDR9 promo era is incoming:oprah4: 

she is using TIKTOK? 

:trisha:

okay im having a good feeling about this new era.

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

There is something special, about this trip to Italy that many Twitter fan accounts noticed, where she is channeling all of her previous eras : dancing to SS, singing Young and Beautiful, singing God Knows I Tried in the church she shot UV, the photo that looks like the Norman cover… I really wonder what’s in store for the weeks to come, if indeed a new album /era is about to begin 

When she delays the album to write and record Salvatore part 2, 3, 4 and 5 :creepna:

I get what people are saying that they want this record to not come for a while so she can experience more things that inspire her to write about but (as someone already said) she's always writing (I'm sure she has A LOT of voice memos of melodies and lines that came to her head at random times) so if these trips to Italy and NY (and the Bahamas :hide:) are inspiring her we'll get the songs eventually, maybe for LDR11.

I think Ben (or was it Jack?) said that she always has the next record in mind while working on the current one.

I'm so excited for the next era, we know nothing but I have a feeling it's going to be big (or maybe it's just the collective delusion of LB entering my brain :thumb3:

giphy.gif

14 hours ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

There is something special, about this trip to Italy that many Twitter fan accounts noticed, where she is channeling all of her previous eras : dancing to SS, singing Young and Beautiful, singing God Knows I Tried in the church she shot UV, the photo that looks like the Norman cover… I really wonder what’s in store for the weeks to come, if indeed a new album /era is about to begin 

the way you just describe my dream wtf

I literally just had some sleep & dreamt of logging in LB just like everyday, seeing that we got a new insider info that every Lana activities in past few months (including that DNC jacket & her deactivating @lanadelrey account) is all calculated & definitely "secret codes" she's been telling us through her daily life (her trips to Portofino + NYC) about this new era - new "lifestyle" - new "concept" - new "career turning point" she has been cooking up. 

Did we just do telepathy? This is terrifying yet interesting :trisha: And based on what you said, I definitely have 

decided to be delulu in a few weeks to come. 

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

20 hours ago, DeadSeaOfMercury said:

The album is RAW…

if this means like how Ultraviolence took my virginity with its bare hands :air2:

@DragonWhore  ARE YOU A REAL WHORE?:hoe:

I’m bored at work, so let’s recap what we know so far (feel free to correct me if I got some things wrong; I’ll edit the post):

confirmed: 

- Jack and Drew are involved on the album.  @lustforlife had confirmed Drew’s participation on it a couple of days before she posted about him « charting ». 
- she wore that DNC jacket with the logo of a wave back in December. That jacket is custom and could resurface in future merch according to the guy running LDR village. She called the next album « better than BB » according to a fan she met that day. A few days ago, she said to another fan that she was « excited » for the project she was working on. 
- Rob hinted at the album a couple of times. We know he will play piano on it, and called the project « epic ». He also said that there were beautiful songs about San Francisco on it. 

To be confirmed / could be false:

- a magazine cover was hinted by Lana herself a couple weeks ago in a HM post. Leakingmusic on Twitter also said that a magazine cover was in the works (could simply be the same conclusion we drew based on her post).

- what is Rick’s involvement on the album? Based on the fact that all of her projects had a bit or a lot of Rick (even BB, with his involvement on Cherry Blossom), it should have at least a bit of his genius on it (he commented in some DMs with a fan, about future projects with her, with a couple of emojis - even if it looked like my father discovering the emojis on his iPhone :gasp:)

- our own departed  @lustforlife said that there was not only piano on it, that if we loved Buddy’s Rendezvous, we’d love the direction of LDR9. He also hinted at some touring, if not a world tour (when she posted a selfie with that Irish singer). He also said that Lana and Mike were on « different vibes »since January. 
- @DragonWhore’s claims: beachy, a bit lazy, with some trippy elements and some looming « menace », like the pot growers in NoCal. The album was pushed ahead and Del Norte County (I guess it’s the name of the lead single) would be out in July. The album wasn’t supposed to be out before at least six months, but plans changed. @fl0r1dakil0s called him a liar multiple times and called the new songs « boring ».

- a couple of unreleased tracks seem to have circulated in small circles and we’re hinted at on Twitter, around the time BoZ hinted at WCE. According to Honeymoon on Insta: there were three other tracks summited to Euphoria but only WCE was picked up. It would make sense that these tracks would be the leftovers from Euphoria and they maybe could be part of LDR9 (especially if Drew had a hand in those or even Jack, if LYTAN was part of the lot). 

- cryptic Insta stories from her « entourage »: « Lana » could have been heard singing near a pool in a famous hotel in SF (I don’t remember who posted that one; was a MV already filmed??); there was also Neil Krug’s story last week that could maybe be about Lana but unlikely. 

10 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

I’m bored at work, so let’s recap what we know so far (feel free to correct me if I got some things wrong; I’ll edit the post):

confirmed: 

- Jack and Drew are involved on the album.  @lustforlife had confirmed Drew’s participation on it a couple of days before she posted about him « charting ». 
- she wore that DNC jacket with the logo of a wave back in December. That jacket is custom and could resurface in future merch according to the guy running LDR village. She called the next album « better than BB » according to a fan she met that day. A few days ago, she said to another fan that she was « excited » for the project she was working on. 
- Rob hinted at the album a couple of times. We know he will play piano on it, and called the project « epic ». He also said that there were beautiful songs about San Francisco on it. 

To be confirmed / could be false:

- a magazine cover was hinted by Lana herself a couple weeks ago in a HM post. Leakingmusic on Twitter also said that a magazine cover was in the works (could simply be the same conclusion we drew based on her post).

- what is Rick’s involvement on the album? Based on the fact that all of projects had a bit or a lot of Rick, it should have at least a bit of his genius on it (he commented in some DMs with a fan, about future projects with, with a couple of emojis - even if it looked like my father discovering the emojis on his iPhone :gasp:)

- our own departed  @lustforlife said that there was not only piano on it, that if we loved Buddy’s Rendezvous, we’d love the direction of LDR9. He also hinted at some touring, if not a world tour (when she posted a selfie with that Irish singer). He also said that Lana and Mike were on « different vibes »since January. 
- @DragonWhore’s claims: beachy, a bit lazy, with some trippy elements and some looming « menace », like the pot growers in NoCal. The album was pushed ahead and Del Norte County (I guess it’s the name of the lead single) would be out in July. The album wasn’t supposed to be out before at least six months, but plans changed. @fl0r1dakil0s called him a liar multiple times and called the new songs « boring ».

- a couple of unreleased tracks seem to have circulated in small circles and we’re hinted at on Twitter, around the time BoZ hinted at WCE. According to Honeymoon on Insta: there were three other tracks summited to Euphoria but only WCE was picked up. It would make sense that these tracks would be the leftovers from Euphoria and they maybe could be part of LDR9 (especially if Drew had a hand in those or even Jack, if LYTAN was part of the lot). 

- cryptic Insta stories from her « entourage »: « Lana » could have been heard singing near a pool in a famous hotel in SF (I don’t remember who posted that one; was a MV already filmed); there was also Neil Krug’s story last week that could maybe be about Lana but unlikely. 

On this occasion I also recommend @Clampigirl's LDR9 Timeline Blog.

On 5/14/2022 at 6:15 PM, paradisetropico said:

with jack antonoff as her current right hand man, she will not be discussing the controversy in song i can assure you. unless he also wants to publicly defend her against the constant misinterpreters. 

he's way too polite and PC for that lmfao. He's no "Dan Auerbach fighting with execs" for sure.