Elle

LDR9 Speculation & Discussion Thread

My dream next (or really at any point in time) Lana album would be one with a heavy jazz influence, even heavier than Honeymoon, with Mike Dean's production style mixed in as well as some of Emilie's classic style. 

imageproxy.jpg

1 hour ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

Currently, I have no idea what to expect sonically for LDR9! If Rob isn’t involved on the covers record, are we getting an extension of what we heard in Blue Banisters?

…and where does Mike Dean come in amid all of this? Are we getting something more instrumental but also…synthy? Almost like French Restaurant but..spacier? I need answers lol

You actually have a good point, I remember a few years ago, I think it was when Honeymoon came out, might’ve even been UV, I remember Lana saying she liked to end her albums in either a cover or in a way that it’s going to show what she’s thinking for the next album. I think NFR left off in a way where it seemed like she knew Hope was a good ending point, but also kind of gave us a taste of the minimalist, but poetic songs we’d get on COCC. Then COCC came out and it left off with a cover done by two friends of hers, whereas BB kind of contrasts because she only had one feature on it, rather than 3 random friends featuring on 2 songs. (I know those 3 aren’t random, but they’re random enough — I didn’t know them before she dropped the album and whatnot. I still don’t know them and those are my least played from COCC). It’d be cool with we get the final couple of tracks she did with TLSP maybe? I think there were talks of a song called Dope a while ago and a few other tracks that were never finished, so maybe they could go back and finish those few. 

All i needed to know to be happy was there are already a couple tracks written, so we’re getting another album relatively quickly after BB. Maybe not as fast as BB came after COCC, but reality is, she’s still working on new music. That makes me think she’s already gotten Mike Dean on the few she has. He said a few months ago he plans to work with her a lot in the foreseeable future. Did anyone listen to his Momento Mori episode from this week? Him and Abel are both friends with Lana so

3 minutes ago, West Coast said:

I long for a full on psychedelic rock album. :true:

1 minute ago, Super Movie said:

My dream next (or really at any point in time) Lana album would be one with a heavy jazz influence, even heavier than Honeymoon, with Mike Dean's production style mixed in as well as some of Emilie's classic style. 

I’ve been dreaming of something like a combination of these two. Trippy, psychedelic rock, with heavy sax and trumpets and horns. There’s a thing she could do that not many artists are doing today

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

On 10/23/2021 at 5:44 PM, YourGirl666 said:

I know she hasn't announced anything yet (except that it exists and that it's gonna be a digital only release) and that we just got a whole new album yesterday, but I wanted to create this thread for us, sexually hyperactive music addicteds, to discuss and make manifestations for her upcoming magnum opus Boom Like That, out September 11th on Dbree.

I know she hasn't announced anything yet (except that it exists and that it's gonna be a digital only release) and that we just got a whole new album yesterday, but I wanted to create this thread for us, sexually hyperactive music addicteds, to discuss and make manifestations for her upcoming magnum opus Boom Like That, out September 11th on Dbree.

Idk if I’m replying to this correctly because I’m new here, but this lady is ending era’s so fast 💀

10 hours ago, Hydroponic Weeds said:

I’ve been dreaming of something like a combination of these two. Trippy, psychedelic rock, with heavy sax and trumpets and horns. There’s a thing she could do that not many artists are doing today

PLS YES THIS :true: 

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

i would kill to have a whole album sounds like "White Dress"

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

5 minutes ago, Whore of Tropico said:

i would kill to have a whole album sounds like "White Dress"

I’d like to see more of that vocal style…but not an album of ballads we have two of those already.

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

I think everyone should brace themselves for something totally leftfield, like a guided meditation.

Some soft ambient twinkling by Rob. Lots of silence. Lana can lead some visualizations, similar to spoken word poetry but less autobiographical. She can explore the law of attraction and channeling stuff she mentioned in the livestream.

Every time a fan paid her a complement, she said something to the effect that she was merely the vessel for some cosmic energy they were receiving through her. I think this is where her head is at right now. Plus the general implication lately that she’s going to be trying different things, some of which might seem crazy. She seemed really proud of the philanthropy she's accomplished with Violet - why not go further in that direction?

Esther Hicks, who she mentioned listening to "all the time," has guided audio meditations, and I wonder if Lana has a vision for helping fans self-actualize through something like this. :eartha2:

21 minutes ago, alittleparty said:

I think everyone should brace themselves for something totally leftfield, like a guided meditation.

Some soft ambient twinkling by Rob. Lots of silence. Lana can lead some visualizations, similar to spoken word poetry but less autobiographical. She can explore the law of attraction and channeling stuff she mentioned in the livestream.

Every time a fan paid her a complement, she said something to the effect that she was merely the vessel for some cosmic energy they were receiving through her. I think this is where her head is at right now. Plus the general implication lately that she’s going to be trying different things, some of which might seem crazy. She seemed really proud of the philanthropy she's accomplished with Violet - why not go further in that direction?

Esther Hicks, who she mentioned listening to "all the time," has guided audio meditations, and I wonder if Lana has a vision for helping fans self-actualize through something like this. :eartha2:

oh my god she's going fully funkadelic's good thoughts bad thoughts venice bitchy psychedelic synthy spacey eno ambient music :true: no easily discernible meaning to her lyrics, just soft ice-cream, very softly-spoken, with humming and vocalisations :true: 

mUENGN9.png

1 hour ago, alittleparty said:

I would be ecstatic if Lana released guided meditations 

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/59/40/90/5940903240da03ab6f8c1a9c79a31773.jpg

1 hour ago, Alison by Slowdive said:

oh my god she's going fully funkadelic's good thoughts bad thoughts venice bitchy psychedelic synthy spacey eno ambient music :true: no easily discernible meaning to her lyrics, just soft ice-cream, very softly-spoken, with humming and vocalisations :true: 

eventually its just ASMR lips parting and a Tibetan sound healing bowl

I would love to see LYTAN on this album. I'm still so curious about that song since we know it was the title track  at one point (my guess since it contains the lyric Rock Candy Sweet). We know it's also an outtake but I'm wondering from what era & who produced it. I think it was confirmed it was  not made in COCC era but still it was on the COCC tracklist at one point. Lana wanted to put Dealer on COCC & she put Yosemite on COCC which makes me think that LYTAN could be a song she did with Zach or maybe an earlier outtake pre NFR or maybe it's a NFR outtake after all. A lot of possiblities:trisha:

There was that one supposed snippet which sounded surprisingly real with an orchestral moment & very chill guitars, it was 100%  her voice. Orchestra & guitar , I would love that on the next album :true:

RCS, the new Yosemite/ Dealer :trisha:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

3 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

catholic psychedelic synth metal :true: 

This is why she started visiting that hardcore church so much, it all makes sense now :true: