Elle

LDR9 Speculation & Discussion Thread

So: is the 'new album' news for 2/30/22 completely discredited, despite the fact that there is no 2/30, ever, even in a leap year?

Are we thinking there might be a new album in March? Lorde knows that, since she removed a good deal of the 'new' songs from BB, she should have enough for a new all-Lana album. Is she working with Jack again? Has that been confirmed? 

And then there's the 'American Classics' and the Nikki Lane project. 

I'd love to hear something aggressive like 'Serene Queen,' which, in a sense, is to me Lana at her most powerful. 

We don't have any tangible hints about new songs or the title of the album. Comparing the title announcements and the actual release dates of the last albums, I think a release of LDR9 in the next few months is unrealistic.

3 minutes ago, bluechemtrails said:

We don't have any tangible hints about new songs or the title of the album. Comparing the title announcements and the actual release dates of the last albums, I think a release of LDR9 in the next few months is unrealistic.

I agree. But she has so much backed-up material, and she is or may be changing labels? Has any of that been confirmed? 

I wish we had a crumb of reliable info. There are so many possible projects and producers, and a little hint would steer our imaginations in the right direction:true:

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

we have so much new material that im honestly not starving for info. however, with how active she’s been and the new vibe she’s giving off, i can’t help but think something’s on the way. 

The last 3 albums were heavily teased over a more or less long period of time cause she was sitting on them almost finished with no (real) release date and she couldn't contain herself I guess. This time around all we know is that an album is in the works, she loves it (it's not like she's going to say she hates her new record lol) and there are a few songs already done in some form.

She's either waiting for it to be done entirely before saying more or it's just in the very early stages.

I don't think we are getting it as soon as we think (I think summer/fall as early) but Lana works so fast and the fact that she already "teased" the DNC thing makes me think she's on the edge of revealing something :hide:

The DNC thing really confuses me cause she's doesn't usually tease things that way, she justs posts actual snippets or fake release dates and titles but why would she get a custom made jacked with 3 "random" letters :wtf3: Has she ever used an "easter egg" to reveal something? I feel like it's always us just overanalyzing things but this time we kinda got a confirmation that it means something

giphy.gif

2 hours ago, palemoonbaby said:

I use AI generator which @PatentLeatherDoOver posted some time ago. I wrote all album titles, generate three times.I'm gonna post the most interesting

-American Beauty

-Treatment Of Mary Hutchison

-Wish Upon A Blackstar

-Murder House

-All Women Of Color and Homosexual Gays Are Too Privileged (dead at that:rip:)

-Some Kind Of Monster: The Biography Of Amy Winehouse 

-Suite Carolewax

-American Bullshit

Opening an album with American Beauty and closing it with American Bullshit would be a concept, btw :oop:

Lanarat.png

29 minutes ago, Venice Peach said:

The last 3 albums were heavily teased over a more or less long period of time cause she was sitting on them almost finished with no (real) release date and she couldn't contain herself I guess. This time around all we know is that an album is in the works, she loves it (it's not like she's going to say she hates her new record lol) and there are a few songs already done in some form.

She's either waiting for it to be done entirely before saying more or it's just in the very early stages.

I don't think we are getting it as soon as we think (I think summer/fall as early) but Lana works so fast and the fact that she already "teased" the DNC thing makes me think she's on the edge of revealing something :hide:

The DNC thing really confuses me cause she's doesn't usually tease things that way, she justs posts actual snippets or fake release dates and titles but why would she get a custom made jacked with 3 "random" letters :wtf3: Has she ever used an "easter egg" to reveal something? I feel like it's always us just overanalyzing things but this time we kinda got a confirmation that it means something

Sorry, what is DNC? Thank you. 

10 minutes ago, bluechemtrails said:

I think there are no album announcements yet because she has one or two more single releases from BB in mind. And only after the last single release we will surely get more news from LDR9.

i'll have what you're having

42 minutes ago, Vertimus said:

Sorry, what is DNC? Thank you. 

When she received her award in December, she was wearing a windbreaker with a logo made of the letters DNC with a wave behind them. The guy that runs the LDRVillage said it probably will end up on some merch in the near future and that it something with to do with a future project. 
here’s a pic of the jacket :

Just now, GeminiLanaFan said:

When she received her award in December, she was wearing a windbreaker with a logo made of the letters DNC with a wave behind them. The guy that runs the LDRVillage said it probably will end up on some merch in the near future and that it something with to do with a future project. 

this is the singular piece of legitimate information we have :magikarp:

it’s awful :magikarp:

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

10 minutes ago, the ocean said:

this is the singular piece of legitimate information we have :magikarp:

it’s awful :magikarp:

it’s really the only proved piece of info so far. And I can’t remember who confirmed in their IG stories the DNC logo being for a future project (her stylist?)

Well, there are also the claims of insiders - real and maybe not so real, that should be put into the « rumours » category: 

- BoZ teased WCE in December and has heard at least some parts of Buddy’s Rendezvous. He didn’t spill much else. 
- Eclipse heard something that explores a new sound and maybe could begin a new trilogy of albums. What did he hear exactly? I doubt it’s WCE only that could lead to these claims. 
- our own fl0r1dak1los teased lyrics on his Twitter that could be Loved You Then and Now. Eclipse debunked those lyrics, but…

- this account https://twitter.com/bylicaa?s=21 says they heard five songs that could end up on the next album and that they are very beautiful, one sounding like If You Lié Down With Me. He was right about WCE and has also teased lyrics that could be from LYTAN. He could be trolling us though. 
- our own lustforlife says the album is nowhere near done, that a Sept-October release could be a possibility. He was right about WCE, but has been awfully wrong about many song descriptions from BB. We know that he talks to guys that do have infos though. 
- and in the « most probably nothing at all » category: 

and I think this is it. 

45 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

Thanks, GLF. Much appreciated. 

8 minutes ago, Vertimus said:

To me, DNC means 'Democratic National Committee.' Isn't LDR a Democrat? 

you seem to have missed a lot, half of this thread is about the damn meaning of those three letters :defeated:

at the moment Del Norte County is the favorite, but idk why exactly

45 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

this account https://twitter.com/bylicaa?s=21 says they heard five songs that could end up on the next album and that they are very beautiful, one sounding like If You Lié Down With Me. He was right about WCE and has also teased lyrics that could be from LYTAN. He could be trolling us though. 

they have an account here too although they’re more known from lana twitter than lb

also you’re a saint for finding everything and putting it together :oprah:

i’d say the most likely “dnc” meanings are:

- del norte county (my pick)

- democratic national convention

- ? ? coke (cause of the spoons and the pusha t thing)

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif