Elle

LDR9 Speculation & Discussion Thread

Personally I find participation in the kanye marilyn julia mess to be disqualifying, but if we're gonna do it, my optimum Donoghue outcome:

they are not dating, but are special friends who get one another

he has been producing LDR9

it's a synth-heavy, beat-heavy, psychedelic BB dreamscape

the album is done

and it is entitled Del Norte County

after release he is free to go :wave:

Random Thoughts/Predictions (feel free to chime in!!!!):

Option 1: LDR9 will be a LFL equivalent: more lighthearted, present-oriented, a few collabs, a wide range of producers, and more commercially accessible.

-This might offer one explanation for the random assortment of collaboration wishes (Migos, Kali Uchis, etc.) as well as being seen with Jack in the studio and Rick Nowels allegedly confirming future work with Lana. This would also align with insider claims of a new direction/trilogy. Jack’s mention of “bombastic” tracks could indicate this as well. 

——————

Option 2: LDR9 will be her country record with Nikki Lane.

-In addition to recent performances with Lana, Nikki Lane mentioned this project’s development in a fair amount of detail for an interview a while back. However, it’s worth noting that this could very well be a TLSP collab situation where the full project never surfaces. 

——————

Option 3: LDR9 will be an extension of the folky, singer-songwriter soundscape displayed on LDR6-8. 

-This could make sense given that—according to insiders—much of BB’s tracklist was scrapped/replaced prior to its release. Jack also mentioned that there was a portion of his work with Lana that’s still unheard. 

——————

Option 4: Her next record will actually be American Standards & Classics. 

-Lana’s management suggested and reposted speculation that a second project would quickly follow BB, but no other information (to my knowledge) was given. Lana’s talk of a digital release with no vinyls might coincide with this idea. In addition to an easier release, it may be possible that she feels vinyls for a project of covers isn’t necessary. Lana also mentioned that a cover (I can’t remember the artist’s name) may be important for early 2022. 

Note: DNC could be related to any or none of these projects, but I’m less inclined to believe it’s for AS&C. 

There are obviously more explanations or alternatives, but here are my top contenders. Let me know what you think!

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

3 minutes ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

Option 1: LDR9 will be a LFL equivalent: more lighthearted, present-oriented, a few collabs, a wide range of producers, and more commercially accessible.

-This might offer one explanation for the random assortment of collaboration wishes (Migos, Kali Uchis, etc.) as well as being seen with Jack in the studio and Rick Nowels allegedly confirming future work with Lana. This would also align with insider claims of a new direction/trilogy. Jack’s mention of “bombastic” tracks could indicate this as well. 

——————

-In addition to recent performances with Lana, Nikki Lane mentioned this project’s development in a fair amount of detail for an interview a while back. However, it’s worth noting that this could very well be a TLSP collab situation where the full project never surfaces. 

——————

Option 3: LDR9 will be an extension of the folky, singer-songwriter soundscape displayed on LDR6-8. 

-This could make sense given that—according to insiders—much of BB’s tracklist was scrapped/replaced prior to its release. Jack also mentioned that there was a portion of his work with Lana that’s still unheard. 

——————

-Lana’s management suggested and reposted speculation that a second project would quickly follow BB, but no other information (to my knowledge) was given. Lana’s talk of a digital release with no vinyls might coincide with this idea. In addition to an easier release, it may be possible that she feels vinyls for a project of covers isn’t necessary. Lana also mentioned that a cover (I can’t remember the artist’s name) may be important for early 2022. 

Note: DNC could be related to any or none of these projects, but I’m less inclined to believe it’s for AS&C. 

There are obviously more explanations or alternatives, but here are my top contenders. Let me know what you think!

Probably unpopular but I love options 2 and 4 the most :oprah3:

mUENGN9.png

3 hours ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

——————

——————

——————

Nicely done! 

4 hours ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

——————

——————

——————

I can't decide if I want a country record or a more commercial album .... if it is country I hope its more americana than anything

West-Coast-GIF-lana-del-rey-37051506-500

I saw that handwritten paper on IG last night and I thought it was just some random 14 year old insta stan that wrote that out of boredom and I didn't even see the weird titles (just like I used to write the BTD tracklist all over my notebooks in high school :hide:)

But isn't it a bit weird that they uploaded that? Maybe it is indeed from some random IG account and they thought it was funny and reposted. I am aware that the last title was that HMz joke but what if there is some clue there. I'd love if "For Lizzy Grant" was an alternative title for AKA at some point :crying4:

giphy.gif

LANA! Please drop the album and end the WWIII before it begins.

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

xotmEXx.jpg

1SdPnaU.jpg

“And by the fire of my hands, 

I tempered the heart of a wicked man,

only to find myself covered

in blisters.”

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

21 hours ago, Whore of Tropico said:

LANA! Please drop the album and end the WWIII before it begins.

YAS

If Rihanna didn't end the evil of the world for not releasing music, Lana must do it and release.

41 minutes ago, lizzys said:

um well ok

Saw this as well on thatvenicebitch’s stories on IG, debunking the same rumour. Both accounts that debunked it talk to people who know things, from what I gathered. 
so in conclusion, the fraud is LANADELFLAME lol. 

29 minutes ago, palemoonbaby said:

If Rihanna didn't end the evil of the world for not releasing music,

Rihanna joined the dark side when she started to do makeup - it was all fun at first with the inclusive makeup but now she's just selling expensive clothes :awkney:

Lana and Beyoncé need to save us all

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

1 hour ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

Saw this as well on thatvenicebitch’s stories on IG, debunking the same rumour. Both accounts that debunked it talk to people who know things, from what I gathered. 
so in conclusion, the fraud is LANADELFLAME lol. 

Personally, I can't imagine Lana utilizing a "new sound" at this point in her career, at least not an entirely new sound. It's possible, of course.

I doubt she'll 'go commercial' in terms of sound, like the anemic LFL title track, because she doesn't seem concerned with commercial success, just as some of the artists she admires, like Joan Baez and Joni Mitchell, never cared about it either. She didn't follow up on the 'Doin' Time' sound on COCC, though DT brought her a lot of airplay. 

I feel that whatever is in her mind, whatever she's feeling in the studio, whatever is resulting from her creativity and being gifted to her by her muse in the moment, that's what LDR9 will sound like, assuming it's 'new' material and not one of the side projects she's presumably got sitting on the shelf. But something calculated? I don't think so. 

19 minutes ago, Veinsineon said:

🚨 Lana has confirmed that her next album is definitely her ninth studio album!

It will have sounds and lyrics, just like her past eight albums. 🎵 

now THIS is the reliable insider info I come to LB for :gclap:

aOaIzH2.gif

1 hour ago, Vertimus said:

Personally, I can't imagine Lana utilizing a "new sound" at this point in her career, at least not an entirely new sound. It's possible, of course.

I doubt she'll 'go commercial' in terms of sound, like the anemic LFL title track, because she doesn't seem concerned with commercial success, just as some of the artists she admires, like Joan Baez and Joni Mitchell, never cared about it either. She didn't follow up on the 'Doin' Time' sound on COCC, though DT brought her a lot of airplay. 

I feel that whatever is in her mind, whatever she's feeling in the studio, whatever is resulting from her creativity and being gifted to her by her muse in the moment, that's what LDR9 will sound like, assuming it's 'new' material and not one of the side projects she's presumably got sitting on the shelf. But something calculated? I don't think so. 

Totally agree. I think that her next projects will probably always have something reminding us of an older project while not being repetitive. 
What I’m most anxious about is hearing in what direction she is going next, on which project she will settle. The covers and LDR9 with new songs would excite me the most. And after two “quiet” projects, I really hope she will go bigger in a more bombastic-“single-possibility” sound, or something really interesting on the alternative sound (Venice Bitch and FIILY, for example). I’m still not 100% sold on country for her, so I kinda hope it’s not what the next project will be about, to be honest.