Elle

LDR9 Speculation & Discussion Thread

2 minutes ago, Crimson and Clover said:

I do miss fun Lana songs. I feel like NFR was her last fun album 

dance till we die bridge and dealer are pretty fun imo

6 minutes ago, Honeyyoung said:

dance till we die bridge and dealer are pretty fun imo

They're fun as in Lizzy unreleased fun, Lana type of fun is different (?)

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

9 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

Totally agree. I think that her next projects will probably always have something reminding us of an older project while not being repetitive. 
What I’m most anxious about is hearing in what direction she is going next, on which project she will settle. The covers and LDR9 with new songs would excite me the most. And after two “quiet” projects, I really hope she will go bigger in a more bombastic-“single-possibility” sound, or something really interesting on the alternative sound (Venice Bitch and FIILY, for example). I’m still not 100% sold on country for her, so I kinda hope it’s not what the next project will be about, to be honest. 

I'm with you, 100%. I'm not at all excited about a collab with Nicki, and I still don't quite get what Lana herself, alone, means by 'country,' since she said she thought both 'Ride' and 'Wild At Heart' were country-esque or potentially so, perhaps if produced and arranged another way. But country as it exists today is, to me, country pop, and not at all appealing. To me, most of it is junk and has been for three decades. 

What used to be called 'country' 70 years ago and before, today I call '21st Century Americana,' as practiced by the Cactus Blossoms, early Dylan LeBlanc, the Brothers Comatose, early Secret Sisters, Great Peacock, the Yellow-Bellied Sap Suckers and others. I listen to a lot of '21st Century Americana.'  

I'm also hoping for LDR9 and the covers album, but she seems to be imbuing the project with Nikki the most right now, at least more so than the covers album. I would also like a bigger sound and something new-ish and unanticipated. I loved the sound of 'Serene Queen' and would like to see her move in that direction. I'd really like to know what the songs cut from BB sounded like. 

10 minutes ago, Vertimus said:

I'm with you, 100%. I'm not at all excited about a collab with Nicki, and I still don't quite get what Lana herself, alone, means by 'country,' since she said she thought both 'Ride' and 'Wild At Heart' were country-esque or potentially so, perhaps if produced and arranged another way. But country as it exists today is, to me, country pop, and not at all appealing. To me, most of it is junk and has been for three decades. 

What used to be called 'country' 70 years ago and before, today I call '21st Century Americana,' as practiced by the Cactus Blossoms, early Dylan LeBlanc, the Brothers Comatose, early Secret Sisters, Great Peacock, the Yellow-Bellied Sap Suckers and others. I listen to a lot of '21st Century Americana.'  

I'm also hoping for LDR9 and the covers album, but she seems to be imbuing the project with Nikki the most right now, at least more so than the covers album. I would also like a bigger sound and something new-ish and unanticipated. I loved the sound of 'Serene Queen' and would like to see her move in that direction. I'd really like to know what the songs cut from BB sounded like. 

Serene Queen would be a nice track on a new fun record.

I’m not against her Nikki collabs but they don’t excite me either. I hope that the country songs she did will be part of a double album, the first half being the covers (like she said in her fall livestream, that she was considering that option). It could help sell the project if someone doesn’t like her “country” sound. 

15 hours ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

xotmEXx.jpg

1SdPnaU.jpg

“And by the fire of my hands, 

I tempered the heart of a wicked man,

only to find myself covered

in blisters.”

This is lovely, man <3

Silly anotation: in a parallel universe, Lana starts this album singing "You almost turned me psyyychoo..."

Lana do something challenge

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

yall miss born to die lana and hope for her to be back, but i fucking love blue banisters lana. long piano ballads, messy percussion and amazing vocals are everything ive needed and hope to see more of that in the next project

lana-del-rey-arcadia.gif

Didn't @lustforlife said recently ldr9 will be a continuation of COCC and BB and she already has at least 15 songs for it?

On 2/16/2022 at 3:22 PM, lustforlife said:

She have at least 15 new songs for the album :dua:

On 2/16/2022 at 3:46 PM, lustforlife said:

no dark mood (at least for now)

lyrics seems to belong to same world that cocc and bb 

still talking about family and some questions about the world

I’m really curious to see where LDR9 ends up thematically since sonically it could be a tossup. Blue Banisters had a heavy emphasis on clarifying her past, and some of the few present-oriented songs were through the lens of the pandemic. 

What does everyone else think? I have no idea, really lol

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

10 minutes ago, LUCARTPOP said:

What is an aesthetic y'all wish to see (and/or hear)? I feel like we've been getting vintage & beaches for the most part, I would love to see something woods(cottage)core, or fairy-esque. 

i feel like chemtrails had that woodsy feel in certain spots of the album but i would love for her to dive deeper into that. chemtrails makes me want to go camping or rent out a cabin lol

3 minutes ago, mlittle11 said:

i feel like chemtrails had that woodsy feel in certain spots of the album but i would love for her to dive deeper into that. chemtrails makes me want to go camping or rent out a cabin lol

Yosemite kinda the pioneer of that camping feeling, sounds like we're listening to her singing with a guitarist at a campfire at nighttime. Just pure bliss and beauty, I would LOVE for Lana to do more like that, it's almost like a darker version of Honeymoon but with more acoustic guitars and light percussions. Swan Song, The Blackest Day, Burnt Norton (instrumental), Terrence, all gave me that same feeling too. 

14 minutes ago, LUCARTPOP said:

What is an aesthetic y'all wish to see (and/or hear)? I feel like we've been getting vintage & beaches for the most part, I would love to see something woods(cottage)core, or fairy-esque. 

something like Sportcruiser / mountainous / on an open grass + flower field, something like that. It'd be a perfect continuation for BB

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

2 minutes ago, LUCARTPOP said:

Yosemite kinda the pioneer of that camping feeling, sounds like we're listening to her singing with a guitarist at a campfire at nighttime. Just pure bliss and beauty, I would LOVE for Lana to do more like that, it's almost like a darker version of Honeymoon but with more acoustic guitars and light percussions. Swan Song, The Blackest Day, Burnt Norton (instrumental), Terrence, all gave me that same feeling too. 

yosemite just smells like a wet forest

Just now, Honeyyoung said:

yosemite just smells like a wet forest

It's the smell of the candle she put in the wind. :eartha2:

2 minutes ago, Whore of Tropico said:

something like Sportcruiser / mountainous / on an open grass + flower field, something like that. It'd be a perfect continuation for BB

Do you also feel like BB is a dawn type of album? Like listening to it during a sunset while going on a spring hike? :trisha: At least that's how I visualize it. 

25 minutes ago, LUCARTPOP said:

Mix of city pop/new york mixed with baddie bitch, hip-hop, weed and futuristic aesthetics