Elle

LDR9 Speculation & Discussion Thread

1 hour ago, the ocean said:

is this supposed to be a lana faceswap because it looks more like a bad ellie goulding plastic surgery edit :toofloppy:

It was a Ellie Goulding faceswap :deadbanana:

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

I wonder whether the album is nowhere near done or she's just not teasing in advance this time. She has always (specially since NFR) teased a lot about her albums (with song titles, the album title(s), snippets, fake release dates etc.).

Maybe she's just taking a break and she'll finish it eventually or maybe she's having a pre album cycle holiday :creepna:

BB was finished around June so I think it's still early for a new record unless she had some material from the 2019-2021 sessions she's using for LDR9.

giphy.gif

10 minutes ago, Venice Peach said:

I wonder whether the album is nowhere near done or she's just not teasing in advance this time. She has always (specially since NFR) teased a lot about her albums (with song titles, the album title(s), snippets, fake release dates etc.).

Maybe she's just taking a break and she'll finish it eventually or maybe she's having a pre album cycle holiday :creepna:

BB was finished around June so I think it's still early for a new record unless she had some material from the 2019-2021 sessions she's using for LDR9.

We still have to hear Buddys Rendez-vous and in my mind, it’s what I’m looking forward to. 
But a snippet will give us info on the direction of the new project and the degree of hype I’ll have towards it lol (I’m still very neutral on the country collabs). Lustforlife suggested she had recorded at least 15 songs of many genres and that she was sitting with her team to discuss the direction of the new album. Once this is settled, the album could shape up pretty fast if there are unreleased songs that could fit the vibe. 
im not starving for a new album yet, but  her latest posts on HM makes me think she could start the teasing game soon (if it’s not already begun). I loved what she did with BB: the title revealed  not long after COCC, a snippet a month before the single and album in October.

2 hours ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

We still have to hear Buddys Rendez-vous and in my mind, it’s what I’m looking forward to. 
But a snippet will give us info on the direction of the new project and the degree of hype I’ll have towards it lol (I’m still very neutral on the country collabs). Lustforlife suggested she had recorded at least 15 songs of many genres and that she was sitting with her team to discuss the direction of the new album. Once this is settled, the album could shape up pretty fast if there are unreleased songs that could fit the vibe. 
im not starving for a new album yet, but  her latest posts on HM makes me think she could start the teasing game soon (if it’s not already begun). I loved what she did with BB: the title revealed  not long after COCC, a snippet a month before the single and album in October.

I agree about what seems to be a little media teasing from Lana lately---is there a point, a purpose? If so, it can't just be for BR, which I am also fairly excited about.

She's sitting on so many projects, it just doesn't make sense to not begin releasing them sooner or later this year, and she's in a good place in right now with the media, the public, and her fan base. The maturity shown on COCC and BB seem to have solidified her public position and finally impressed her critics that she's an adult and an artist, and not some kind of arrogant, anti-feminist hellion. Sadly, I also think that her more natural, relaxed physical appearance has pacified the envy of her critics (as if it were any of their business), though I'm sure these recent changes were certainly not motivated by that on her part.   

4 hours ago, Venice Peach said:

I wonder whether the album is nowhere near done or she's just not teasing in advance this time. 

Didn't she say she already had song with Jack last year? We know there are Chemtrails and Banisters outtakes that didn't make the final cut (and even NFR) + the songs she did with Mike, and Zach as well... 

Of course, they could be unfinished demos that she decided to scrap, but she does have something. Whether she changes her mind again is a different thing :bebe:

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

35 minutes ago, venice witch said:

he said that he is excited for march cuz its his birthday month ☠️

:oopna: 

bah I wasn’t sure at all, but he mainly posts about Lana though not exclusively. And well, it was getting too quiet :thumb3:

16 minutes ago, plastiscguy said:

Didn't she say she already had song with Jack last year? We know there are Chemtrails and Banisters outtakes that didn't make the final cut (and even NFR) + the songs she did with Mike, and Zach as well... 

Of course, they could be unfinished demos that she decided to scrap, but she does have something. Whether she changes her mind again is a different thing :bebe:

The only thing confirmed are the NFR/Chemtrails "bombastic" outtakes. We thought BB was going to have a lot of Mike tracks and we don't even know if something other than WFWF exists right now :eek:

Maybe there are more Zach songs from when they did BBS tho :creepna:

She has so many genres she could do for LDR9:

- The country album with Nikki

- Rock leaning tracks with Zach / TLSP album 

- Bombastic (I guess more upbeat) songs with Jack

- More autobiographical ballads with Drew

- Whatever she would do with Mike

If I have to guess, we are getting a continuation of BB's story with Drew plus some of the Jack tracks (didn't she upload a pic with him on the studio recently? Maybe they were finishing some of those tracks)

giphy.gif

ADQOTrD.jpg

Title: Armageddon 

Producers: Zach Dawes, Jack Donoghue

Genre: Art Rock (Concept Record)

Tracklist

1. Armageddon 

2. I Wear Your Ring When I’m Lonely
3. Bitter

4. Saints & Sinners

5. Rhinestones
6. When You Left Me On Beverly Boulevard

7. Red-Eye Flight (feat. Bruce Springsteen)

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

2 minutes ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

ADQOTrD.jpg

Title: Armageddon 

Producers: Zach Dawes, Jack Donoghue

Genre: Art Rock (Concept Record)

Tracklist

1. Armageddon 

2. I Wear Your Ring When I’m Lonely
3. Bitter

4. Saints & Sinners

5. Rhinestones
6. When You Left Me On Beverly Boulevard

7. Red-Eye Flight (feat. Bruce Springsteen)

i wear your ring when i'm lonely is such a good title

so i dreamed that ldr9 is going to be country BUT it sounded amazing actually?? kinda like folklore/evermore and with a fuller production. she was doing an interview and said that she knows fans have been begging for something new. she said it's going to have lots of instruments and the next album is going full 180

3 minutes ago, Honeyyoung said:

so i dreamed that ldr9 is going to be country BUT it sounded amazing actually?? kinda like folklore/evermore and with a fuller production. she was doing an interview and said that she knows fans have been begging for something new. she said it's going to have lots of instruments and the next album is going full 180

Ggmbatf.gif

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

4 minutes ago, Honeyyoung said:

Oddly enough, I feel like this could turn out to be quite accurate. I've said this before, but I think that Lana's idea of country is super different than what we might be thinking of when we think of country music. I know she really likes older country and folk music so I have a feeling that's more so where her inspiration lies

imageproxy.jpg