Jump to content
Elle

LDR9 Speculation & Discussion Thread

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, athena said:

i either want a country album, jazz album or more electronic album

Replace electronic with classic rock/80s heavy metal inspiration and I'm on board with all three :true: 


https://www.last.fm/user/Chris-Morlock

On 10/6/2021 at 9:34 AM, May said:

barrie really said ‘if you wanna release songs with my writing credits on then revive my career hag!’ :defeated:We love a king who knows his worth

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/23/2021 at 7:44 PM, YourGirl666 said:

 

WHAT WE KNOW ABOUT IT

  Reveal hidden contents

 - It's coming, possibly this year (like it was teased by the end of BB era)

 - Might be a digital only release

 - Jack Antonoff might be back

 - Emile Haynie and Mike Dean might be back too

 - She loves Your Girl (manifesting release)

 

I added this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Honestly, I wouldn't mind a Mike x Jack produced album, something that mixes that upbeat with the soft. The only thing I would need Jack to fix is the fact that there are little parts of the instrumentals he does with Lana that are way too quiet. Other than that, I think it could be super interesting


drop me off at the copacabana 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I want Jack to stay far away from a next project. It’d be such a step back after BB was a step in the right direction :crying4:

 

I really think they were together for Behind The Iron Gates, it was supposed to come out in March of this year, so it has to be in the final steps 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Niko Dealergo said:

I want Jack to stay far away from a next project. It’d be such a step back after BB was a step in the right direction :crying4:

 

I really think they were together for Behind The Iron Gates, it was supposed to come out in March of this year, so it has to be in the final steps 

I wanna believe it’s for that reason too but the way Lana spoke about the poetry book it sounded unfinished saying it could be condensed into 30 or something pages 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, godsmonster said:

enough with the boring piano driven acoustic production jesus christ i am so sick of it. her production needs depth again. not necessarily BTD level production, but it needs to be exciting and more lively again

I would also like a guitar driven acoustic production of her early years with masterpieces like Blizzard, More Mountains, On Our Way or Pawn Shop Blues. :flutter:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I want the next album to be loud and all over the place like BBS outro and Jack has proven with VB that he’s capable of that so I’m not opposed to his comeback… she made some of her best tracks with him, after all! I just want a little more “spice”

 


Lanarat.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Niko Dealergo said:

I want Jack to stay far away from a next project. It’d be such a step back after BB was a step in the right direction :crying4:

 

I really think they were together for Behind The Iron Gates, it was supposed to come out in March of this year, so it has to be in the final steps 

I didn't even think about that, but it would make a lot of sense if they were together for Behind The Iron Gates. The production on the Violet audiobook is stunning, so now I'm kind of hoping that she's with Jack for that as well :agree: Maybe with a darker vibe this time


drop me off at the copacabana 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope we get another interlude, but with her just speaking over it like Burnt Norton. 

also, might seem unpleasant, but I'd personally love it if she didn't have another album til like the end of 2022 or something, and that she focuses on BB with interviews and studio performances/ leaking old mv's. 

collectively, this record would be so much better if it simmered without the promise of a new album shortly after imo. and i know a lot of people dislike the LMLYLAW vid, but I personally love it when she makes those kinds of videos, cus they seem personal, and that it kinda makes me glad that she's having fun and actually turning her memories into something like, almost eternal. like when u have little bits and scenes saved on your phone and ur remembering certain times. so so good 


1wT9S58.gif gJ98bsd.gif RAixAXz.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Pineapple B00ST said:

I hope we get another interlude, but with her just speaking over it like Burnt Norton. 

also, might seem unpleasant, but I'd personally love it if she didn't have another album til like the end of 2022 or something, and that she focuses on BB with interviews and studio performances/ leaking old mv's. 

collectively, this record would be so much better if it simmered without the promise of a new album shortly after imo. and i know a lot of people dislike the LMLYLAW vid, but I personally love it when she makes those kinds of videos, cus they seem personal, and that it kinda makes me glad that she's having fun and actually turning her memories into something like, almost eternal. like when u have little bits and scenes saved on your phone and ur remembering certain times. so so good 

 

I could wait till 2023, she gave us two (great) albums in a year and I’m recently rediscovering COCC… I think mid/late 2023 could be it!
A brief hiatus would be a great way to create anticipation between her fans and the media outlets


Lanarat.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Fart Deco said:

 

I could wait till 2023, she gave us two (great) albums in a year and I’m recently rediscovering COCC… I think mid/late 2023 could be it!
A brief hiatus would be a great way to create anticipation between her fans and the media outlets

might be too early for me to say, but I'd definitely love for her to maybe start teasing an album months before it's release so we don't have to wait another year post that :toofunny: so if 2023, then maybe teasing at the start of 2023, and yeah think so too 


1wT9S58.gif gJ98bsd.gif RAixAXz.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Alison by Slowdive said:

i prefer the demo and i believe ??? lana wasn't happy w the production on mermaid motel (AKA) but im literally manifesting a whole album in that sound - i cannot get over the avante garde glam metal gothic CHAOS 

I don't know if this is true but reading it made me mad. Mermaid Motel final is a career highlight :candy:


¤¸¸.•´¯`•¸¸.•. 𝐼𝓃 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝑔𝒶𝓇𝒹𝑒𝓃, 𝓁𝑒𝒻𝓉 𝓉𝑜 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓁𝑒𝒶𝓋𝑒𝓈. ¤¸¸.•´¯`•¸¸.•. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Gravitate said:

Do we think Say Yes to Heaven will make it onto this one? :sass:

 

I feel little sad about this song as I feel like everytime she considers to include it there is a significant other in her life or she is engaged but she ends up breaking up and scraping it off. Maybe in the next album she will include it when she finally finds the true love.


bannisters2.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...