Elle

LDR9 Speculation & Discussion Thread

That track by Rocky tho.

I low-key want she to do something like that ...

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

finally we're letting go of the 2.0 idea, it's about time. :oprah3:

anyway...

manifesting honeymoon 3.0 :read:

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

38 minutes ago, Whore of Tropico said:

That track by Rocky tho.

I low-key want she to do something like that ...

Same here! I could totally hear Lana doing something in this vein; it’s subtle enough to reflect her more recent, minimalist and meandering style, but it still has very “trippy” elements. 

If Lana ever makes a record with Mike Dean, I could see something like this being the Cinnamon Girl or Venice Bitch of the record. 

I honestly never anticipated Lana to release something like Venice Bitch, so I think something akin to LSD is still a decently reasonable possibility with her recent comments about collaborations with hip hop artists! 

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

8 hours ago, Super Movie said:

Ultraviolence stans I'm begging you to realize you're never getting your UV 2.0, Lana's not an artist who does 2.0s :coffee: This also goes to the people that call every album after NFR NFR *.0 shh

I actually think Blue Banisters was to some extent UV 2.0, or the most similar thing we'll get to see as the evolution of that album. 

6 hours ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

since the thread has been lacking news as of late, I think it could be fun to rank what our (possibly unrealistic) genre hopes are for LDR9–or any future project, really. 

Personally..

1.) Shoegaze: 

2.) Slowcore: 

3.) Neo-Psychedelia

4.) Jazz

5.) Country Rock

6.) Electronic

some say Lana's music is a genre of its own

Personally, if Lana is moving or evolving in an organic fashion, then I see her steering away from non-traditional genres, which isn't to say that's what I'd like her to do.

Looking back, after 'Honeymoon,' I'm surprised she wrote and produced 'Serene Queen' at all at that stage of her career.

I'd definitely like to see something livelier, like 'Serene Queen,' but does she still want to project the kind of images those lyrics and music suggest? It doesn't seem so. Her age may be a factor, if she's maturing. It seems she doesn't want to portray herself as a 'triple-headed goddess' anymore, but someone looking for someone else to walk home from the mall with. And watch "tv." 

hope is a dangerous thing for a delulu like me to come to this thread everyday and check if there's any thing new about LDR9 - but i still don't have it.

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

I demand collaborations with the following: Melanie Martinez, Marina, Allie X, Lil Bo Weep (RIP), Lil Peep (RIP), Troye Sivan, and Mitski.

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, baddisease said:

I demand collaborations with the following: Melanie Martinez, Marina, Allie X, Lil Bo Weep (RIP), Lil Peep (RIP), Troye Sivan, and Mitski.

I‘ve never seen anyone write The Weeknd, Megan Thee Stallion, Doja Cat, The Pierces and Father John Misty like this :shock:

1 hour ago, baddisease said:

honestly i think if these are the only options then Lana is at her best being a solo artist. :gasp:

I hope we get some magazine covers/interviews this spring so she can tease something :brows:

BB was her only era with no publications at all (that I remember) and I miss them. It made sense with the "just let the music speak for itself" thing and the lack of time between albums but we didn't really get any insights on the record or the unreleased choices (other than some IG captions and some things from the IG live). For Chemtrails she was spoiling the whole album 4 or 5 months before it even came out :thumb3: (delays suck)

giphy.gif

21 minutes ago, Venice Peach said:

BB was her only era with no publications at all

Sometimes I‘m alright with not having any publications :agree:

ztr3wj3t3qh61.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&auto=webp&s=4c17eb628577471b41248190715199adf12d3f07

Whatever she does next I don’t really care .. 

i know that I will never get paradise 2.0 or that there will be another record like UV.. but in this post COVID war world I just want to see her perform live . I’ve seen her once  on the aerodrome festival in Prague ..and it was epic . 
there were two memorable moments I’ll  never forget - listening to my favorite song live - Ride, and when she had technical issues during pretty when u cry .. 

the thing with her is that every album has a highlight.the quality of her music  is so consistent to me.. 

hopefully there will be a live show announcement soon  ! 

15 hours ago, fanb said:

Whatever she does next I don’t really care .. 

i know that I will never get paradise 2.0 or that there will be another record like UV.. but in this post COVID war world I just want to see her perform live . I’ve seen her once  on the aerodrome festival in Prague ..and it was epic . 
there were two memorable moments I’ll  never forget - listening to my favorite song live - Ride, and when she had technical issues during pretty when u cry .. 

the thing with her is that every album has a highlight.the quality of her music  is so consistent to me.. 

hopefully there will be a live show announcement soon  ! 

I agree that "every [LDR] album has a highlight." Today, most artists have 2-3 good songs out of 10 to 12 (and some 0 out of 12), and it's always been that way to some degree for most artists, for a long while. Lana has had a much higher 'quality' rate per album than most. I try to curb my disappointment by not expecting more than 3-4 tracks I really like on any upcoming LDR release, but I loved all of BB except one track, and all of COCC except one track. 

I think we're all deeply tied to her personality and emotional expression---she's the perfect anima figure for us-- deeply wounded, but strong, resilient, sometimes profound, struggling towards balance, and with a Romantic point of view, which is key for me. I'm amazed at how even presumably unfinished songs like 'If I Die Young' and 'French Restaurant' affect me. 

If Lana didn't exist, we would have had to invent her. 

10 minutes ago, Vertimus said:

If Lana didn't exist, we would have had to invent her. 

This part sounds so poetic and I resonate with it 

𝑳𝒊𝒇𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒃𝒆𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒊𝒇𝒖𝒍 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒂 𝒄𝒍𝒖𝒆