Elle

LDR9 Speculation & Discussion Thread

7 hours ago, Surf Noir said:

who do we realistically think we'll be the main producer of this album? there's so many possibilites, she's possibly working with mike dean, emile haynie, jack antonoff, drew erickson, or a combination of them! :popcorn:

realistically, i think it's either mike dean or jack antonoff! :popcorn:

Maybe it’ll be a Blue Banisters situation where we have a chunk of tracks by one main producer (potentially Mike Dean??) and a handful of songs by another (Antonoff?). 

I don’t know, though! I find it interesting that Emile Haynie and Mike Dean were meeting, though. The flowers on Haynie’s story almost make me think they don’t meet often, and I like to think they’d get together for Lana…or so I hope:um2:

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

5 minutes ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

Tbh I mostly just included it because she was a writer whose personal life was publicized after she became famous & also contained a lot of confessional work like Lana..

kinda tried to mirror the Plath reference in HIADT but maybe it was not the move/insensitive & I should delete it, my apologies. Just lmk and I’ll remove it because I truthfully don’t know a ton about Woolf outside of her work!

I think it's quite nice you connected both of them. Virginia is maybe the most brilliant female writer I know of, and would be just astonished if Lana got to artistically acknowledge her by any means. Definetly don't think you should apologize at all!

9 hours ago, Surf Noir said:

who do we realistically think we'll be the main producer of this album? there's so many possibilites, she's possibly working with mike dean, emile haynie, jack antonoff, drew erickson, or a combination of them! :popcorn:

realistically, i think it's either mike dean or jack antonoff! :popcorn:

Emile would be a dream but it's probably Mike (not complaining at all) and maybe Jack (even though I think the pics in the studio are from the audiobook or the covers album). Maybe Drew and Zach will come back for this next album too who knows :gasp:

giphy.gif

5 hours ago, Alison by Slowdive said:

ufuHxz2.png mgQhSOE.png

producers: david kahne, dan auerbach, and nigel godrich lol :kris:

themes: projections and sex symbols and elvis and dreams and paradise being a hell-coloured flame sky

sound: ambient and jazz-infused glam metal. Lana Del Ray but even harder and softer

You win

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/59/40/90/5940903240da03ab6f8c1a9c79a31773.jpg

20 minutes ago, palemoonbaby said:

Remember you guys when Lana said that HM has soft touch of grunge?:thumb3::omfg2::blush:

the demos maybe? GKIT + TBD demos are sort of...grungy...but 

she rlly is a poet who's bad with words sometimes

small-sq-lana-del-rey-ultraviolence.gife4d193ad6825522455102e1518efe3d6835b52da

5 hours ago, Alison by Slowdive said:

ufuHxz2.png mgQhSOE.png

producers: david kahne, dan auerbach, and nigel godrich lol :kris:

themes: projections and sex symbols and elvis and dreams and paradise being a hell-coloured flame sky

sound: ambient and jazz-infused glam metal. Lana Del Ray but even harder and softer

imagine if she actually announced this line-up of producers and and themes of an album like that  :wowcry:

𝑳𝒊𝒇𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒃𝒆𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒊𝒇𝒖𝒍 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒂 𝒄𝒍𝒖𝒆

wlNaVUK.jpg

Title: Rock Candy Sweet

Producers: Dan Auerbach, Zach Dawes

Cowriters: Zach Dawes, Jack Antonoff

1. Rock Candy Sweet

2. Leather
3. My Baby Loves The Blues

4. Jukebox Slow Dance

//

5. My Old Fender

6. Darling

7. Texas Two-Step

8. I Hope That I Don’t Fall In Love With You—Tom Waits Cover (feat. Barrie-James O’ Neill)

edit: I just realized I never cropped the photo. Oops lol

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

38 minutes ago, Alison by Slowdive said:

once again i am manifesting magical lyricism like oh say can you see 

PLEASE that song makes me feel like I’m floating through space:oprah:

also I keep posting in this thread hoping something will happen if it’s active:bebe:

Sylvia Plath 

33 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

i'm manifesting this album will contain singing & music :true: 

she's bringing spoken poems with no background music instead :creepna2:

20 minutes ago, Motorcycle Love Divine said:

she's bringing spoken poems with no background music instead :creepna2:

Lana watching LB when she opens LDR9 with an acapella:hype:

Sylvia Plath 

11 minutes ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

I did a text-to-image AI entry for “Lana Del Rey’s ninth studio album” and:krylie:

DdoQSn4.jpg

Remember when we heard about Arcadia for the first time and thought the record was inspired by Ancient Greece? This would have been the cover :krylie:

16 minutes ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

I did a text-to-image AI entry for “Lana Del Rey’s ninth studio album” and:krylie:

I did the same and hate it, thank you :krylie:

C0-C4-C1-A8-3744-476-E-AE2-A-15-A7-EB5-A