Elle

LDR9 Speculation & Discussion Thread

I’m pretty neutral about the possibility of a Taylor Swift collab. I’m less inclined to think it would be for LDR9 and more thinking it would be for a Swift “vault track” tbh. 

While I prefer Lana’s solo work almost 100% of the time, I’d still be interested to see what they would cook up. If LDR9 is country/folk and they do indeed collab, I could totally see them doing something like Swift’s cowboy like me, Safe & Sound, or even no body, no crime. 

If nothing else, knowing Taylor Swift’s management, Lana would get a ton of promo—possibly in the form of a big-budget music video:brows:

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

3 minutes ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

I’m pretty neutral about the possibility of a Taylor Swift collab. I’m less inclined to think it would be for LDR9 and more thinking it would be for a Swift “vault track” tbh. 

While I prefer Lana’s solo work almost 100% of the time, I’d still be interested to see what they would cook up. If LDR9 is country/folk and they do indeed collab, I could totally see them doing something like Swift’s cowboy like me, Safe & Sound, or even no body, no crime. 

If nothing else, knowing Taylor Swift’s management, Lana would get a ton of promo—possibly in the form of a big-budget music video:brows:

i could see the colab being a cover for lana’s covers album

1 hour ago, Surf Noir said:

i may be in the minority, but, please, i do NOT want a taylor swift collab :icant:

I don't want it either. I mean, if it happens, I won't be upset or whatever. I just dont think there's anything interesting she can add to Lana's musicor to herself's (just joking, haha)

I'm going to get dragged by this, but...

I like Taylor, I'd love a collab. But I also love the idea of Lana going mainstream again, so she steps up her game and goes back to her beautiful and well-produced music style instead of this simplistic songwriter folk dive bar singer lifestyle :sadcore2:

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

1 minute ago, plastiscguy said:

I like Taylor, I'd love a collab. But I also love the idea of Lana going mainstream again, so she steps up her game and goes back to her beautiful and well-produced music style instead of this simplistic songwriter folk dive bar singer lifestyle :sadcore2:

:true:

2 minutes ago, Frangipani said:

:true:

I just think Lana should make a decision on the route she wants to take as an artist. She can still make her points without sounding half-assed.

Take Joni Mitchell as an example, one of her idols, her folk songs while simple were truly beautiful and well produced. They were simple but rich, in terms of sound and melodies. 

And it's not like Lana can't do that. Norman, Chemtrails and even Looking for America are a great example (and a few song from Blue Banisters, even) :ohno: 

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

33 minutes ago, plastiscguy said:

nikkilore coming 2022!!:monica:

I think Lana is (or at least was) in her lowkey era and that's all. She just wanted to do calmer and simpler music (while still sprinkling some fun moments here and there). I don't think she wants to become a folk singer songwriter only cause her inspirations are way broader than that (even though she loves Joni a lot and we can tell :hide:). She literally said like 4 months ago that she wanted to collab with Migos :eek:

She still has a long career ahead of her and if we take her discography as an example, I don't see her continuing this route for many more albums. Her first songs (Sirens and all those EPs) were basically just guitar, then we have AKA with a lot more going on and just after that all the pre BTD upbeat songs so it's not like the big switch BTD-UV-HM was a once in a lifetime thing.  

Don't get me wrong I totally get why some people wouldn't care or like the last past albums cause they lack some of the signature "Lana things" we all love but I don't think it's fair to say that she has became unoriginal or lazy just cause she wanted to put lyrics as the main point and leave production in second place.

And this is not intended towards anyone in particular, it's just a thought about artistry and evolution cause Lana having so many records in such a short span of time makes it a very interesting topic to analyze (even if it's just surface level)

giphy.gif

here is what i dream for ldr9. i know we will never get another ultraviolence because lana has grown as an artist and she has changed and evolved so much. since we know jack is producing it i have much lower expectations production wise, not that jack is a bad producer it’s just his work with lana is much more stripped down and not out there. i don’t mind a few piano ballads but i want something powerful like change, bartender and hope. i want production like venice bitch, wild at heart and dark but just a game. in terms of theme i’m praying for a broken hollywood just like how it was briefly mentioned in heroin. i hope we’re getting a good, neat rollout with high budget music videos. and i don’t want ANY LIES, lana needs to stick to a release date and a name and go along with it

25 minutes ago, Venice Peach said:

I think Lana it's (or at least was) in her lowkey era and that's all. She just wanted to do calmer and simpler music (while still sprinkling some fun moments here and there). I don't think she wants to become a folk singer songwriter only cause her inspirations are way broader than that (even though she loves Joni a lot and we can tell :hide:). She literally said like 4 months ago that she wanted to collab with Migos :eek:

She still has a long career ahead of her and if we take her discography as an example, I don't see her continuing this route for many more albums. Her first songs (Sirens and all those EPs) were basically just guitar, then we have AKA with a lot more going on and just after that all the pre BTD upbeat songs so it's not like the big switch BTD-UV-HM was a once in a lifetime thing.  

Don't get me wrong I totally get why some people wouldn't care or like the last past albums cause they lack some of the signature "Lana things" we all love but I don't think it's fair to say that she has became unoriginal or lazy just cause she wanted to put lyrics as the main point and leave production in second place.

And this is not intended towards anyone in particular, it's just a thought about artistry and evolution cause Lana having so many records in such a short span of time makes it a very interesting topic to analyze (even if it's just surface level)

This is very important to remember I think. Lana is only a decade into what will likely be a very long and prolific career. It's truly wild how much music she's given us in that timeframe, and it's mindblowing how consistent she is. Some people like to hate on certain albums, but I'm sure most would agree that even the stuff you like less is still good music. In the future people will look back at all the different sounds she explored and be grateful for them, but some people can't appreciate it all in the present. The story she tells with each album and the way they all subtly build on one another and explore different parts of herself and life in general is really beautiful. Lana really is more of a storyteller than a pop artist, and what she's doing is incredible.

6 minutes ago, xxmissdaytonaxx said:

t*ylor can stay far away from lana's music pls and thank you. no hate to ts but i just don't think they're similar. could be another dcma mess. :headache:

i find them very similar :usrs:

especially with folklore and evermore (probably because jack produces both of them)